Shoot Straight: Man killed himself on second trip to Shoot Stra...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Jason Kevin McCarthy , 26, was at Shoot Straight on U.S. Highway 17-92 about 11 a.m. Monday and asked about renting a gun, Casselberry police Officer Joseph Nas said in a report that has just been released.

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 136 of136
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
pending calamity

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Apr 30, 2009
 
Guns for everyone wrote:
<quoted text>It's not an unforeseen calamity. If they didn't think people could be shot (accidentally or intentionally) S.S. wouldn't carry insurance. Even if this had never happened before, you have to consider that you're handing a gun to someone you've never met - what MIGHT happen? Hmmm.
I don't have time to sort through this thread.
Don't worry about it dude. Nothing in the news from shooting galleries in 50 years, and because of an economic collapse, you expect them to be extremely forward thinking???
change agent

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
May 1, 2009
 
Guns for everyone wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, that's ridiculous. You're saying they aren't fighting new laws, trying to get laws repealed, pushing the envelope, pushing for less control? The NRA just wants the current laws enforced??? ROFL
what exisitng laws are they taking on? iim asking you not attacking you. can we have a conversation?
Angel24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#126
May 20, 2009
 
teeje63 wrote:
Wonder how long it'll take this coward's family to file a lawsuit? What a shame for Shoot Straight, in these tough economic times, to have this happen twice in a month, because it makes one leary of going there to shoot since you never know when one of these cowards will start shooting randomly at other patrons.
I don't know who you are calling a coward. I don't understand where you get the word coward from in this incident. This is a wonderful person that God put on this world, and he helped so many people and touched a lot of lives. He was just a hurting lost soul. You couldn't even understand the pain that he was going through on a daily basis. You should not label anyone or make assumptions especially when you know nothing about them. Not everything is about money, sometimes people just need peace within themselves, and are looking for a way out. He would never ever have hurt another person, he would only lend a helpful hand. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say nothing at all.
Angel24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#127
May 20, 2009
 
ROCKWELL wrote:
it's hard to stop a nut case from doing something like this. at least he didn't take out anyone else. of course, back to the moron family. they knew he was a nut job so why was he out on the streets??????????
I do not know who you think you are. You have know right in Hell to call Jason a nut case! You also have no right to call the family any types of names or put blame on anyone. One you should feel really bad saying what you said. He was not a nut case or nut job a**hole. Yeah he was hurting and had problems within his self. He was a loving, helping, giving person. Every year with the little amount of money he had he went out and bought toys for Toys for Tots to donate to the kids in need. He would give you the last of anything, and would always be their to help if you needed him. He has touched so many peoples lives and is such a Great Great person that should only be honored. He had the biggest beautiful smile and would light up a whole room when he walked in. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with a disease and in the end that disease over took him. He would NEVER hurt another soul. Unfortunately he needed peace within himself, and that was the way that he seen he could get it. We don't blame anyone, and he wouldn't want us too. He wasn't trying to get attention from this, he was just trying to stop the pain. He wasn't trying to hurt anyone else in the end. You have no right to say anything in this matter. You do not understand what he was going through. What if you lived your life normal and then in your 20's find out that your diagnosed with something that takes over your life and you just try to fight and fight and fight everyday so that you can be with your family and loved ones. He was a very loved person by Soooooooooo many people, maybe even more than you. He was the type of person that was so sensitive and had such a big heart that he just attracted people from all around him. He had a Great sense of humor, and was such a loving caring soul. He never judged anyone and if he seen you on the side of the road and you needed help, he would have been the one to stop and help you. You should feel so ashamed by what you have said, and all I can say is karma has a crazy way about it, so you should watch what you say.

“Proud Southerner”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Solsberry, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128
May 23, 2009
 
Angel24 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who you are calling a coward. I don't understand where you get the word coward from in this incident. This is a wonderful person that God put on this world, and he helped so many people and touched a lot of lives. He was just a hurting lost soul. You couldn't even understand the pain that he was going through on a daily basis. You should not label anyone or make assumptions especially when you know nothing about them. Not everything is about money, sometimes people just need peace within themselves, and are looking for a way out. He would never ever have hurt another person, he would only lend a helpful hand. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say nothing at all.
Anyone who commits suicide is a coward. They are selfish, spineless cowards who think of no one but themselves. They don't care who they hurt or inconvenience with their cowardly actions. I have been through some really rough times in my life, but would never consider doing to my friends and family what these cowards who take their own lives do. There is nothing so bad that it can't be worked out. I've been there. This man along with the woman who shot herself also at SS are both cowards who have not only devastated their friends and families, but have cause financial hardships to a small business that could have done nothing to change these cowardly people.
Angel 24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129
May 26, 2009
 
teeje63 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who commits suicide is a coward. They are selfish, spineless cowards who think of no one but themselves. They don't care who they hurt or inconvenience with their cowardly actions. I have been through some really rough times in my life, but would never consider doing to my friends and family what these cowards who take their own lives do. There is nothing so bad that it can't be worked out. I've been there. This man along with the woman who shot herself also at SS are both cowards who have not only devastated their friends and families, but have cause financial hardships to a small business that could have done nothing to change these cowardly people.
Do you understand that he had a Disease, and so did the other woman. Maybe you should research mental diseases and understand that unfortunately they cannot control it, and that they are fighting a demon within their selves. A demon that has been telling them on a daily bases to do bad things,and in Jason's case this demon was only telling him to hurt himself. In the end that demon told him to take his life and unfortunately the disease and the demon got the best of him. Honestly I think alot of us have been in a spot were life is really bad and you may think about hurting yourself but you could never do it, b/c it hasn't really been that bad. It is different when you have a mental disease, if you don't have any mental problems, then I am sorry, you sure as hell did not know how he felt. It is totally different at that point. I watched him everyday and can still not understand the pain that he felt. He would NEVER harm another soul, he was the best person that I could have known in the world. He was always giving, not materialistic, and always thinking about everyone else. He lived a normal life until in his early 20's the disease hit him, and he battled it for many years. You don't understand how bad it hurts that he is gone, and how mad I am that he was born with this disease and that it overtook him in the end. It is so unfair and unfair that such a GREAT person had to be born with this disease. I watched him fight with himself in the end, talking to no one. But that is the thing with the disease, he always has it no matter what, but some days where better than the next. Do you understand that he was only 26, he is still sooooo young, he is still a young gentleman. We have not told SS that it was their fault, we do not blame them at all. So please get your facts straight. SS is also not a small business, they are a Great company that can hold their own, they are very popular and they will still have just as many clients and make a lot of money still. I have gone to SS many times, and they have made a lot of money off of me, my boyfriend, and my friends. It's about peoples lives, we dont blame them, but everyone that was around Jason did know not to give him a gun, and not in Fear that he would hurt us, because he Loved us So Dearly, only b/c we didn't want him to hurt himself. This is the hardest thing to accept, but you have to realize that he just needed Peace within himself. As selfish as I want to be and as bad as I still want him to be here b/c I am lost without him, I had to accept that he had to be hurting REALLY bad to even think of doing something like he did, and I realize that he wasn't trying to hurt us, but he needed Peace within himself. May God Bless him.

R.I.P. Jason Kevin McCarthy
"You are Greatly Loved and Missed"
change agent

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#130
May 26, 2009
 
Angel 24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand that he had a Disease, and so did the other woman. Maybe you should research mental diseases and understand that unfortunately they cannot control it, and that they are fighting a demon within their selves. A demon that has been telling them on a daily bases to do bad things,and in Jason's case this demon was only telling him to hurt himself. In the end that demon told him to take his life and unfortunately the disease and the demon got the best of him. Honestly I think alot of us have been in a spot were life is really bad and you may think about hurting yourself but you could never do it, b/c it hasn't really been that bad. It is different when you have a mental disease, if you don't have any mental problems, then I am sorry, you sure as hell did not know how he felt. It is totally different at that point. I watched him everyday and can still not understand the pain that he felt. He would NEVER harm another soul, he was the best person that I could have known in the world. He was always giving, not materialistic, and always thinking about everyone else. He lived a normal life until in his early 20's the disease hit him, and he battled it for many years. You don't understand how bad it hurts that he is gone, and how mad I am that he was born with this disease and that it overtook him in the end. It is so unfair and unfair that such a GREAT person had to be born with this disease. I watched him fight with himself in the end, talking to no one. But that is the thing with the disease, he always has it no matter what, but some days where better than the next. Do you understand that he was only 26, he is still sooooo young, he is still a young gentleman. We have not told SS that it was their fault, we do not blame them at all. So please get your facts straight. SS is also not a small business, they are a Great company that can hold their own, they are very popular and they will still have just as many clients and make a lot of money still. I have gone to SS many times, and they have made a lot of money off of me, my boyfriend, and my friends. It's about peoples lives, we dont blame them, but everyone that was around Jason did know not to give him a gun, and not in Fear that he would hurt us, because he Loved us So Dearly, only b/c we didn't want him to hurt himself. This is the hardest thing to accept, but you have to realize that he just needed Peace within himself. As selfish as I want to be and as bad as I still want him to be here b/c I am lost without him, I had to accept that he had to be hurting REALLY bad to even think of doing something like he did, and I realize that he wasn't trying to hurt us, but he needed Peace within himself. May God Bless him.
R.I.P. Jason Kevin McCarthy
"You are Greatly Loved and Missed"
i have bipolar disorder and yes they can control it but they have to seek help to learn the best way to do it. just becuase you have a disease doesn't mean you are not responsible for your actions know. been there.

mental illness is not an "excuse" for killing yourself or others.

“Proud Southerner”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Solsberry, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
May 27, 2009
 
Angel 24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand that he had a Disease, and so did the other woman. Maybe you should research mental diseases and understand that unfortunately they cannot control it, and that they are fighting a demon within their selves. A demon that has been telling them on a daily bases to do bad things,and in Jason's case this demon was only telling him to hurt himself. In the end that demon told him to take his life and unfortunately the disease and the demon got the best of him. Honestly I think alot of us have been in a spot were life is really bad and you may think about hurting yourself but you could never do it, b/c it hasn't really been that bad. It is different when you have a mental disease, if you don't have any mental problems, then I am sorry, you sure as hell did not know how he felt. It is totally different at that point. I watched him everyday and can still not understand the pain that he felt. He would NEVER harm another soul, he was the best person that I could have known in the world. He was always giving, not materialistic, and always thinking about everyone else. He lived a normal life until in his early 20's the disease hit him, and he battled it for many years. You don't understand how bad it hurts that he is gone, and how mad I am that he was born with this disease and that it overtook him in the end. It is so unfair and unfair that such a GREAT person had to be born with this disease. I watched him fight with himself in the end, talking to no one. But that is the thing with the disease, he always has it no matter what, but some days where better than the next. Do you understand that he was only 26, he is still sooooo young, he is still a young gentleman. We have not told SS that it was their fault, we do not blame them at all. So please get your facts straight. SS is also not a small business, they are a Great company that can hold their own, they are very popular and they will still have just as many clients and make a lot of money still. I have gone to SS many times, and they have made a lot of money off of me, my boyfriend, and my friends. It's about peoples lives, we dont blame them, but everyone that was around Jason did know not to give him a gun, and not in Fear that he would hurt us, because he Loved us So Dearly, only b/c we didn't want him to hurt himself. This is the hardest thing to accept, but you have to realize that he just needed Peace within himself. As selfish as I want to be and as bad as I still want him to be here b/c I am lost without him, I had to accept that he had to be hurting REALLY bad to even think of doing something like he did, and I realize that he wasn't trying to hurt us, but he needed Peace within himself. May God Bless him.
R.I.P. Jason Kevin McCarthy
"You are Greatly Loved and Missed"
If you were such the great friend you proclaim to be and that his family was so wonderful, then why in the hell did none of you do anything to get him the help you claim he so desperately needed. Even if you had to Baker Act him, maybe your wonderful friend would be here today.

“Proud Southerner”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Solsberry, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#132
May 27, 2009
 
change agent wrote:
<quoted text>
i have bipolar disorder and yes they can control it but they have to seek help to learn the best way to do it. just becuase you have a disease doesn't mean you are not responsible for your actions know. been there.
mental illness is not an "excuse" for killing yourself or others.
Amen to you for recognizing that you have a problem and treating it. This poster above goes on and on about how bad this coward's life was, but why didn't he or his wonderful friends do anything to get him help?? But you are right, it is no excuse, as there are so many opportunities for help if you need it.
Angel 24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#133
May 30, 2009
 
change agent wrote:
<quoted text>
i have bipolar disorder and yes they can control it but they have to seek help to learn the best way to do it. just becuase you have a disease doesn't mean you are not responsible for your actions know. been there.
mental illness is not an "excuse" for killing yourself or others.
If it was only as simple as bipolar disease than he would still be here. I think every American is diagnosed with bipolar disease, come on.
Angel 24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
May 30, 2009
 
teeje63 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were such the great friend you proclaim to be and that his family was so wonderful, then why in the hell did none of you do anything to get him the help you claim he so desperately needed. Even if you had to Baker Act him, maybe your wonderful friend would be here today.
Wow are u really that nieve. What do u think we did just sit around for six years and did nothing. He had help, that is why this was so unexpected. That day was a regular day, just like any other day, he didn't go running around the house acting all crazy for us to baker act him. He was a very peaceful and respectful person. Honestly I am over going back and forth and realize that u don't understand and never will. I wouldn't wish what he had on any one, not even my worst enemy. He had a lot of support, we have a VERY large family, but even with all of the doctors, medications, love, and support he was still sick and still hurting everyday and fighting. He fought for six very long years and god bless his heart, he couldn't fight it anymore. All I wanted was for him to be happy, and as selfish as I want to be b/c I still need him in my life, I realized that he wasn't happy and was hurting everyday of his life and I wouldn't want him to go through life hurting everyday b/c we still needed him here, and i know in my heart that he wouldn't have done something like this if he wasn't hurting REALLY bad. Now he is with the angels and is happy and in peace and not sick anymore, just looking down and still being my protector.
Angel 24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
May 30, 2009
 
teeje63 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were such the great friend you proclaim to be and that his family was so wonderful, then why in the hell did none of you do anything to get him the help you claim he so desperately needed. Even if you had to Baker Act him, maybe your wonderful friend would be here today.
Jason is actually my big brother a.k.a my bestfriend.

“Proud Southerner”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Solsberry, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#137
May 30, 2009
 
Accept defeat wrote:
<quoted text>
Some angel, he pretty much destroyed Shoot Straight and upset a lot of people.
My point exactly. I'm sorry he was "hurting" so badly, and the help he was supposedly getting wasn't helping, but what he did to his family, his friends, and Shoot Straight was without a doubt the most selfish and cowardly act. If he was such a wonderful, loving, caring person, what was his beef with SS? What did they do to him? They have lost a lot of business thanks to this coward and the other one who killed herself and her son. If he wanted to end it, why not do it at home? I feel for his family, but nothing for the coward.

“Proud Southerner”

Level 1

Since: Feb 09

Solsberry, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138
May 30, 2009
 
Accept defeat wrote:
<quoted text>
Some angel, he pretty much destroyed Shoot Straight and upset a lot of people.
Not to mention what kind of emotional distress the coward inflicted upon the other patrons at SS that day. He didn't give a second thought as to what this would do to them.
change agent

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
Jun 1, 2009
 
Angel 24 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was only as simple as bipolar disease than he would still be here. I think every American is diagnosed with bipolar disease, come on.
you have just demonstrated that you don't know as much as you think you do reagrding mental heatlh.
Michelle

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#140
Nov 16, 2012
 
Angel 24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow are u really that nieve. What do u think we did just sit around for six years and did nothing. He had help, that is why this was so unexpected. That day was a regular day, just like any other day, he didn't go running around the house acting all crazy for us to baker act him. He was a very peaceful and respectful person. Honestly I am over going back and forth and realize that u don't understand and never will. I wouldn't wish what he had on any one, not even my worst enemy. He had a lot of support, we have a VERY large family, but even with all of the doctors, medications, love, and support he was still sick and still hurting everyday and fighting. He fought for six very long years and god bless his heart, he couldn't fight it anymore. All I wanted was for him to be happy, and as selfish as I want to be b/c I still need him in my life, I realized that he wasn't happy and was hurting everyday of his life and I wouldn't want him to go through life hurting everyday b/c we still needed him here, and i know in my heart that he wouldn't have done something like this if he wasn't hurting REALLY bad. Now he is with the angels and is happy and in peace and not sick anymore, just looking down and still being my protector.
I would like to talk to you, we have this heartbreaking situation in common..only a few differnces. I will not share it publicly due to human ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 136 of136
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••