Air sample tests from Casey Anthony's...

Air sample tests from Casey Anthony's car show decomposing body...

There are 2894 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 27, 2008, titled Air sample tests from Casey Anthony's car show decomposing body.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Air sample tests from Casey Anthony 's car show a decomposing body was inside the trunk, a sheriff's office official just confirmed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 145
Next Last
OPRAH PICKS LOSERS

Valencia, CA

#2990 Aug 29, 2008
Sean Hanity wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think you are "smelling a rat". I think you are just sniffing too much glue. U nutz
Could you be the guy who was on the floor? Tell us what you think of the pink candles and angels. Why do you think they were there and who did they belong to?

Since: Aug 08

Chicago,ILLinois

#2991 Aug 30, 2008
I don't think her parents knew what she did before the 911 call,only because in the 911 call,Cindy tells Casey while the phone is ringing,we will get custody of Caylee.However I do think Cindy was Suspicious and knew Caylee was missing and Casey gave her a story.because in the 911 call she also says QUOTE "I gave you a month to find Caylee".I think then they helped her cover it up with stories.who knows ! they all lie it's pathetic.why don't they give them all lie detecter tests??
I Smell a Rat

Van Nuys, CA

#2992 Aug 30, 2008
Time To Tell The Truth wrote:
I don't think her parents knew what she did before the 911 call,only because in the 911 call,Cindy tells Casey while the phone is ringing,we will get custody of Caylee.However I do think Cindy was Suspicious and knew Caylee was missing and Casey gave her a story.because in the 911 call she also says QUOTE "I gave you a month to find Caylee".I think then they helped her cover it up with stories.who knows ! they all lie it's pathetic.why don't they give them all lie detecter tests??
ABSOLUTELY they need to do that! LOL! You could be right but this could all have been part of their act/coverup.

Cindy stated she talked to Casey everyday, either by phone or text-messaging. I don't have a cell phone so am ignorant re. text messaging. Is there a record of that so her statement could be proven?

I am thinking that the entire family was present when whatever it was happened to Caylee and they carefully waited, making up excuses if someone like that neighbor who babysat, or friend Christina should ask about Caylee. Or they knew right after whatever it was and began their coverup for Casey and disposal of the body.

They could easily have gone on with lies for months, saying that Casey (high school dropout) had this fabulous job, had gotten her own apartment and moved out with Caylee. The fly in the ointment came when the notice was received from the impound yard re. the car!(Was it really out of gas? Don't recall reading if that part was true or not?)

When they received the registered letter re. the car, then they knew they'd have to do something pretty fast as they would know that the impound lot would take further legal action down the road and they didn't want any undue attention at that point.

Cindy's excuse about not finding the letter for a couple of days is pretty lame. They could have spent that time preparing Act Two - reporting Caylee lost and all the rest.

It would be so much easier if they volunteered to take lie detector tests. I have only read the first 200 pages but am going to try to get through the rest. If I were one of those friends, I would take all the lie detector tests I could and demand that my car be inspected along with anything else that might be helpful in solving this.

It sounds like Amy and all the others are innocent victims of Casey but some or one of them could be lying and know a lot more than what they have told so far.
I Smell a Rat

Van Nuys, CA

#2993 Aug 30, 2008
I just realize now HOW LAME is Cindy's excuse re. why she did not find the notice about the car for several days.

I think she said it had been left on her screen door, rather than in the mailbox.

WE HAVE ALL SEEN how often George and Cindy are out in front of their house! They obviously take pride in their home and try to maintain it. George tells us he was going to change Cindy's tires and he did all that work in the backyard.

They appear to use the front door to enter and exit the home every time they go out to water the yard or to the garage! Why wouldn't they then have immediately noticed something left on the screen door....especially a registered letter or notice about one? It seems they'd be the type of people who would immediately remove junk mail or throw away ads if such are permitted to be left in that area!

I can't recall if there is a side door entrance to the garage but if so, I don't think they use that when they're going out or coming in.

One of the neighbors should know!
Jennifer

Lansing, MI

#2994 Aug 30, 2008
I Smell a Rat wrote:
Cindy's account of how the cadaver dogs could have erred is even more suspect now! Remember, she told Greta (I think it was) that George had sweated and even bled while doing all the yard work and she was referring to a spot where the dogs had alerted.
I keep thinking of that sandbox WITH A LID! If Caylee had sustained a blunt force trauma and was bleeding, she could have been put in the sandbox and the sand would have absorbed the blood. The shovel could have been used to remove contaminated sand or even to refill an empty box with fresh sand.
I hope the police tested that sandbox and pool area with Luminol!
Does anyone know if the clothing, backpacks and rope that was found has been found to have anything to do with this? The rope makes me think of strangling.
I think those guys in the photo of Casey sleeping on the bed (Tony's apt.?- black guy is on the floor) must know something about this as that is where what looks like a memorial can be seen (pink candles with angels).
What friends she lied and stole from all of them and the family her 80 yrold grandmother gives her a check for BD I don't no and the little twit steals from her using the routing numbers on the check the rest of the family is probably scared of them or Mis Cindy told them to be quiet I'm in Nh and I'm still to close to those wackos
bonnie

Raleigh, NC

#2995 Aug 31, 2008
as a grandmother, this story has devastated me.
There is so many angles to this story that have not been answered. If she didn,t work how was she paying a nanny? When she left every morning with the child , where did she stay? Did she ever live on her own or was she just mooching off her parents
I watched friday night when she left her home in handcuffs. I do hope , still that cayley is alive somewhere. It doesn,t sound good though, but I AM HOPING
Bev

United States

#2996 Sep 12, 2008
Caylee is undoubtably dead, and killed by mom Casey. Casey is a sick person, she frankly, was raised that way by her mother, Cindy, who also seems to have lying down pat (now she denies she ever said that the car trunk smelled like a dead body despite it being on tape--so, the apple doesn't fall far from the pathalogical lying tree in this family), plus, you can't tell me that stealing from the grand mother and her friend was a first for Casey, she has probably stolen money DOZENS of times from her parents, with no consequence! Sounds to me like Casey was allowed to do ANYTHING she ever wanted as a child, teen-ager, young adult, with no discipline, so, when her own child began to infringe on her good times, why not get rid of her? She wasn't raised to think of anyone else beyond her own needs and desires.
Heavy

Capistrano Beach, CA

#2997 Oct 3, 2008
Leslie Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey told the cops that Caylee was with the nanny, named Zanaida, or Zanny, for short. Many people think (from reading the 400 pages of documents released) that Casey had been drugging Caylee with Xanax so Caylee would sleep and Casey could party. "Zanny" is a street name for Xanax.
the dogs hit on the backyard but nothing was found, that was after she borrowed the neighbors shovel and the same dirt from the backyard was also found in the trunk of the vehicle, the body was moved.

“Twofer one”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#2998 Aug 20, 2011
elfster wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, her being out of jail makes her have to face the music for the chaos and pain the b itch caused. In jail she was sheltered from the media, her parents, and the real world in general. I would not want to be in Cindy and George's shoes having that murdering animal under my roof....chilling just thinking about it.
This from fox news. The offer is only on the table until Thursday.
Copy and pasted from Fox: "Anthony has been offered an immunity deal by authorities, MYFOXOrlando.com reported, but only has until Thursday to accept the deal, which is contigent upon concrete information that leads to the discovery of Caylee or her remains.
State Attorney's Office spokeswoman Danielle Tavernier confirmed that Anthony had been invited to meet with authorities to "shed light" on the disappearance of her daughter."
anyone remember this?

casey offered deal just needed to tell where Caylee was.

Why didn't she if it was just "an accident"?
why sit for 3 years?

“Twofer one”

Level 8

isn't always a deal

#2999 Aug 20, 2011
oliviasmom wrote:
I have to say that this is no huge surprise but I was holding out hope for a miracle. I walked in my door this afternoon to a three year old little girl who looks remarkably like Caylee and I absolutely cannot get my mind around how she could do this. My precious baby tells me how much she loves me and just wants to be by my side "helping" me all the time. How could a mother be so cold and uncaring for that adorable little person?? My God, she's in a landfill somewhere or at the bottom of a lake and her mother's out partying and doing whatever else she was doing all this time???? And, it's beside the point if it was an accident, IMO. The disgrace is what happened to her afterward! She drove around in that car with that baby in the trunk!! Lord, help us all!! Sorry for the rambling, but my emotions are in overdrive right now. Why, Casey?? Why?? You were supposed to protect her. She was supposed to be safest with you. Why??
Rest in peace, sweet Caylee. I'm so sorry you didn't have a mother who loved you like you deserved.
Truer words were never written.

“Twofer one”

Level 8

isn't always a deal

#3002 Mar 22, 2012
oliviasmom wrote:
I have to say that this is no huge surprise but I was holding out hope for a miracle. I walked in my door this afternoon to a three year old little girl who looks remarkably like Caylee and I absolutely cannot get my mind around how she could do this. My precious baby tells me how much she loves me and just wants to be by my side "helping" me all the time. How could a mother be so cold and uncaring for that adorable little person?? My God, she's in a landfill somewhere or at the bottom of a lake and her mother's out partying and doing whatever else she was doing all this time???? And, it's beside the point if it was an accident, IMO. The disgrace is what happened to her afterward! She drove around in that car with that baby in the trunk!! Lord, help us all!! Sorry for the rambling, but my emotions are in overdrive right now. Why, Casey?? Why?? You were supposed to protect her. She was supposed to be safest with you. Why??
Rest in peace, sweet Caylee. I'm so sorry you didn't have a mother who loved you like you deserved.
One should laways go with their gut instinct.

Never let lies change your mind, unless you just do it for the KICKS.
Queen of the Pool

Spring, TX

#3003 Jul 26, 2013
Never watched any of it. Boring and from what I heard, she acted like an absolute goof. She and that chick in Arizona should be cellmates. Just don't let the Albino Gorilla in Florida impregnate either one of them.
1 World Trade Center

Spring, TX

#3004 Mar 22, 2015
Heavy wrote:
<quoted text> the dogs hit on the backyard but nothing was found, that was after she borrowed the neighbors shovel and the same dirt from the backyard was also found in the trunk of the vehicle, the body was moved.
So, the theory is that the body was buried in the backyard a couple of days after she was last seen. Then, when things heated up, the body was moved. It's hard to tell whether a lot of dumb mistakes were made or whether her father was blackmailing her so she wouldn't say anything about what might have gone on with her when she was younger.

I remember seeing an interview with Cheney Mason and he stated that Casey has zero contact with her father, zero contact with Lee and maybe some kind of limited contact to no contact with her mother. I think this was as of 2014.

These days, you don't even see a pic of her at a Starbucks or anywhere out. She is more reclusive than Robert Durst and there's lot of suspicion surrounding him.
T-Fal

Spring, TX

#3005 Mar 25, 2015
That Kronk gives me the creeps. I'm not sure how he saw something from that far away in the first place. Then he says he can't check it out because there is a 4 foot diamond rattlesnake in his way. He describes a swamp and wants someone else to check it out. At some point he claims he took a stick and played with the baby's skull. He already got $$$. I don't know what the case is about him or the phony nanny. I'd just as soon not know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 145
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min flack 1,396,358
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 14 min LizW 513,338
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 21 min LizW 73,660
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 48 min spud 386
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 60,175
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr zazz 98,096
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 3 hr zazz 25,566

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages