About orphanages in Haiti

About orphanages in Haiti

There are 51 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 3, 2006, titled About orphanages in Haiti. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

About this report This four-part series, by Staff Writer Tim Collie and Staff Photographers Mike Stocker and Joe Amon, is the Sun-Sentinel's latest special report on the impact of AIDS, this time focusing on ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Catherine

Yuma, AZ

#21 May 23, 2007
I am doing a story on a woman named Susie Krabacher who runs an organization called Mercy and Sharing in Haiti, and I wanted to contrast her with someone who is Haitian and doing similar work. Susie works out of Aspen and has an orphanage for both functional and handicapped children as well as a clinic and a school in Cite Soleil. The difference between trying to do this from Aspen (she comes once a month) and actually living and working amongst the people on a daily basis what interests me. If you know Susie personally and would like to share your impressions, I would also appreciate that. Thanks in advance for your help. My email is [email protected]
SOYEMI KEHINDE

Stoney Creek, Canada

#22 May 28, 2007
Having attended series of seminars,listened to lectures and experienced how children are really suffering,especially the orphans,whose parents died as a result of HIV/AIDS,that there was no attention payed to their well-being,I have now determined to set up a CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION, which would take care of children and everything that would make them be healthy.
It is as a result of this,that I would like you to give me advice on how this can be achieved by me,since you've had the experience of creating one.This has to do with the passion and love I personally have for children.
Also,should you wish to have an international office here in Nigeria,I would welcome you so that we can both try all our best to add values to the children's life and make them become important personalties in the society.
Your candid advice would be highly appreciated by me.
Soyemi Kehinde.
Joshlive

Greenville, SC

#24 Jun 25, 2007
Hey... I didn't read all the ranting above, just enough to say I don't want to read anymore.

Here is the reason I am here. Last night I had some friends over and we got to talking about the clean water problem all over the world. We decided that we want to go dig a well somewhere.

After some research we choose Haiti.

Can anyone here help me by giving me some contacts in Haiti that are trusted and capable of digging wells?

Can wells be dug in Haiti?

Can I and 5 - 8 friends go over there for a week and dig a well or two?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Josh
rene

Stoney Creek, Canada

#25 Jun 25, 2007
Joshlive wrote:
Hey... I didn't read all the ranting above, just enough to say I don't want to read anymore.
Here is the reason I am here. Last night I had some friends over and we got to talking about the clean water problem all over the world. We decided that we want to go dig a well somewhere.
Can anyone here help me by giving me some contacts in Haiti that are trusted and capable of digging wells?
Thanks
Josh
Dear friend, there is a good org. in haiti that dig wells, " Water For Life" look them up, I beleive there home base is Il. They can direct you in what you can do to help. I had a 150 deep well dug by them and can tell you that in 2 days, all of my village profited by it. thanks
David S mustain

Eddyville, KY

#26 Jul 18, 2007
Joshlive wrote:
Thanks
Josh
Mr. Josh,You certainly can! In fact, if you are truely interested, you can contact Jack at [email protected] We are already in the process of mobilizing a drilling machine to Les Cayes Haiti. We already have the expertize in Well-drilling, but if your interested you may be able to help by offering either equipment, time or donation's to this project which is an orphanage in southern Haiti. I will spare you all of the detail's in this script of the orginization's exact purpose, for you can find-out for yourself if you log onto www.theoswork.org Was nice to stumble onto your Quote! Your's truely,DM
Lefty

Pompano Beach, FL

#28 Jan 8, 2009
Send all the Haitians in FL back to take care of these babies. All the Haitian do here is collect welfare and stand aroudn at Publix doing nothing.
Tampa Pastor

Tampa, FL

#29 Jan 9, 2009
It is unfortunate that there are always a few bad apples that tend to cast a bad light on those doing good. I worked and lived in Haiti for 14 years. I saw many so called orphanages run by both foreigners and Haitians that were no more than money making schemes at best and child traffickers at worst. However I know of and was involved with several that were and are doing a fantastic job. I also agree with Rene that the best answer is to help the entire family. Education is the key. My advice to anyone wanting to be involved in work in Haiti is do your homework. Check out the mission or orphanage thoroughly before giving. Do not be discouraged by the scammers. Help in any way you can. I still make 2 or 3 trips a year to this country that has stolen my heart. I will be there on the 19 of this month with a team of doctors working on post and pre-natal care and education. God bless!
NRI

Riverside, CA

#32 Jan 23, 2009
Hello All,

It was very helpful to read all of the posts here. I have started a non-profit based out of California and I am very interested in helping in Haiti. I have a small dental/medical team that can provide free care where there is need. I would like to learn more about where the greatest need is and if there are places that you know of where we can help. I would like to see if we can go to a reputable orphanage do you have contact information? Rene did you ever visit the place Zodiac was speaking of?

Thanks,
L. Mickelwait
www.newrealityinternational.org
NRI

Riverside, CA

#33 Jan 23, 2009
I forgot to add that you can contact me a [email protected] ional.org

Thanks!
imogen

Nedlands, Australia

#34 Feb 4, 2009
wow a lot of conflick here however the care of child mission in Haiti will build a stronger, healthier and educated generation that will in return continue to care for all life in Haiti. God bless these beautiful children and thank you to all who have helped, cared, educated and loved these children either parents or missionary workers bless you all.
imogen

Nedlands, Australia

#35 Feb 4, 2009
please contact me at [email protected] if there is a orphanage in Haiti needing help
imogen

Nedlands, Australia

#36 Feb 4, 2009
world vision help the families of Haiti when you sponsor a child, you are also given postage details to send gifts to the children you sponsor. I did this many years ago but children on the street need all the help possible both medical, education and family life that schools (orphanage) can provide. I have helped with children in orphanages in Chernobyl that the rest of the world ran away from. Jesus and love are the keys for orphan children.
wendy sydney

Newtown, Australia

#37 Feb 12, 2009
rene wrote:
<quoted text>
" When I see a country, I see a village.
" When I see a village, I see a people.
" When I see a people, I see a child.
" When I see a child, I see a soul.
and a soul is what makes up a country, If the answer to any poor country is to take away there children, then what country will be left? Is the answer to a hungry child, a tall cement wall around her and call it a childrens home? Is the answer to family poverty is to sell one of there children, so the others can live? Please! Do not mix the christian thing to do, with the right thing to do. The answer to any poor child, is to help the parent. If we help the grandmother that so wants to raise the child after loosing her daughter, does that make that child an orphan? An orphan is a child that cannot find anyone to give it love but a stranger. Lets make sure that we are really the only stranger that can give that child love, before we adopt them out of the country. We have seen how the Vietnames so called orphans, affect the child as an adult and the families left behind in Vietnam, Lets not make the same mistake with Haiti.
rene what is your organization called?
Liz

Blythe, CA

#38 Jul 31, 2009
for those of you that would like to see some of the amazing things people are doing for the children of Haiti, check out chances4children.org this is an orphanage founded by the most unlikely couple. Craig Juntunen recently wrote a book, Both Ends Burning: My Story of Adopting 3 Children from Haiti, the opening line of the book is; I had a vasectomy when I was 30, it is the most real and inspiring story you will ever read. I am a 21 year old college student and I have had the privilege of watching the Juntunen family become a family, I sat at their dinning room table just 3 days ago and watched these 3 beautiful human beings interact with one another and share love and laugh that may not have been an option if not for Kathi and Craig. So PLEASE read his vook all proceeds go directly to Haitians to improve water systems and education, there is so much to be done and so many ways to help.

The only thing I can ask of all of you is to inspire someone the way the Juntunens have inspired me!

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.~John W. Whitehead
T-Reborn

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Aug 2, 2009
The Haitian Orphanage plan...

The Haitian orphanage plan is to sell their kids to people who will have them beg for money in the streets of Dominican Republic....
T-Reborn

Boca Raton, FL

#40 Dec 7, 2009
T-Reborn wrote:
The Haitian Orphanage plan...
The Haitian orphanage plan is to sell their kids to people who will have them beg for money in the streets of Dominican Republic....
jajajajajja Do not worry about what i am saying, i am a very confused mentally sick loser.Jajajajaja Anything I say, are meant for the D.R.(taking a bow)Sorry to the Haitian people (the annngels on earth). My profile is posted in either My Testimony or Help T-reborn get a head (loking down with tears in my eyes)
Hillary

Lake Worth, FL

#41 Dec 7, 2009
These orphanages are filled with haitians, and haitians carry AIDS
Rhonda from Punta Gorda

Punta Gorda, FL

#42 Jan 13, 2010
Pastor I am interested in helping out an ophanage in Haiti. You said to do your research, can you give a name or names of honest organizations or suggest how I start? Thank you. [email protected]
Tampa Pastor wrote:
It is unfortunate that there are always a few bad apples that tend to cast a bad light on those doing good. I worked and lived in Haiti for 14 years. I saw many so called orphanages run by both foreigners and Haitians that were no more than money making schemes at best and child traffickers at worst. However I know of and was involved with several that were and are doing a fantastic job. I also agree with Rene that the best answer is to help the entire family. Education is the key. My advice to anyone wanting to be involved in work in Haiti is do your homework. Check out the mission or orphanage thoroughly before giving. Do not be discouraged by the scammers. Help in any way you can. I still make 2 or 3 trips a year to this country that has stolen my heart. I will be there on the 19 of this month with a team of doctors working on post and pre-natal care and education. God bless!
one bad cat

United States

#43 Jan 13, 2010
Pardon me if I don't give a shit.
Courtney

Canada

#44 Jan 20, 2010
I feel so bad for all the orphans they are all now sleeping unerneath a pick up truck poor kids. hope someone can get there soon and can help them quickly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min JRB 1,547,802
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 39 min Mary NY 513,189
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,843
The Inspirational Millionaire - An Orlando Risi... 15 hr Inspirationalmill... 1
Rising star in the Luxury - High End Market 15 hr Inspirationalmill... 1
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Wed Frankie Rizzo 1,096
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Wed King George 98,415

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages