Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 3, 2013
Sick of the Crime

United States

#1 Nov 3, 2013
Sorry, but it sure seems like when the population of PR's increased so did the amount of crime in the area. I read where the crime in PR is terrible and many came to leave it but I think they brought it with them. Maybe it's their kids they have had since they have been here and it's just a cultural thing. I don't know. I seriously hate Orlando now that it has so much crime. The last of the good years were in the early nineties. After that the PR population grew and so did the crime. Why don't PR people make their own selves accountable? I know other races commit crime too but it seems disproportionally so with the PR's. I'm very frustrated and honestly it has made me have a very strong bitterness towards them. I would like for this to change.

“waiting for Topix to change---”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#2 Nov 3, 2013
What in the sam hell as you talking about???
One for all All for one

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Nov 3, 2013
Sick of the Crime wrote:
Sorry, but it sure seems like when the population of PR's increased so did the amount of crime in the area. I read where the crime in PR is terrible and many came to leave it but I think they brought it with them. Maybe it's their kids they have had since they have been here and it's just a cultural thing. I don't know. I seriously hate Orlando now that it has so much crime. The last of the good years were in the early nineties. After that the PR population grew and so did the crime. Why don't PR people make their own selves accountable? I know other races commit crime too but it seems disproportionally so with the PR's. I'm very frustrated and honestly it has made me have a very strong bitterness towards them. I would like for this to change.
You sound like you're from the "old school". My parents thought like you did. They even had me thinking that way, but that was a long time ago. My grandmother came to America when she was just 3. When she was 17, she met a man who was German and part Navajo Indian. They married and had 7 children. My grandfather died when he was only 42. My grandmother ended up in a housing project and raised her children there. My dad was the oldest and was responsible for looking after the others until they were grown. The housing project in those days (the 50's) was all white except maybe for a few blacks. Then during the 80s and early 90s, the housing project soon became about 98% Hispanic after all of the older white residents had died off. About 5 years before my grandmother moved out, she was the only white person left in the entire housing project. The only person who was nice to her was a young black woman who lived a few doors down from her. All the rest acted as though SHE was the intruder. I'm not dissing the Hispanics. I understand how they felt, because they had been dissed too. Of course, that doesn't make it right, but I understand. The point I'm trying to make is that times have changed. We live in a much different world. It will never be like it was in the 90s, the 80s or any time before that. Your attitude needs to change. Everyone deserves a place in this world. No one is above anyone else, except for our behavior and how we treat one another. Poverty, indifference and ignorance are what causes people to be who they are, not race. Our grandparents and great grandparents had it tough in their day, but it was also a different world then. Today, we live in a much more crowded and complex world. More people have emigrated to this land in the last 10 years then ever before. It's imperative that we strive to get along and we must teach that to our children if they are to survive, grow up to be decent people & find peace and happiness. I have met many nice and conscientious Hispanics who want to live a good honest life and raise their children to do the same. I think that's what all people everywhere really want. There is good in bad in all of us. Money is usually the root cause of all that goes bad. When people don't have it, they resort to bad things. Not all, but many do. It is happening all over America, not just in Florida. Also, irresponsible parenting presents its problems in children's lives, and that's not only happening in Hispanic families. Learn to reach out a little. Try not to blame so much. Transition takes time with every change that happens over the course of time. My mother's mother told me that when her parents first came here from Ireland, they were very much hated. The Irish were considered scum in those days. So were the Italians when they first arrived. Seriously, everyone is clamoring for their own space in this chaotic world. We all have to make the best of it, cuz there just isn't any other place to go. Accept the inevitable and do something positive in your life. Most of all - relax and be happy. Life goes by so quickly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,100,213
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 486,576
3 word game (Jan '11) 2 hr Rose_NoHo 13,413
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr SpaceBlues 46,313
China Sees Growth in a Web of Fast Trains (Feb '10) 5 hr RayH 3
The alphabet (Jun '06) 8 hr Doug77 1,047
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 11 hr The Real Missy 17,627
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search