Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 62336 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#44903 Mar 22, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Actually those three have to defend their records for history as well.
Who would want to do their graduate work with them at this point? Waste of time.
Your whole post is defenseless nonsense.
What a riot. What have you done to defend your CO2 "crisis" hypocrisy?

Not a damn thing.

LOL
dem

Chicago, IL

#44904 Mar 22, 2014
Looks like a certain idiot went bye bye. Lol
truth facts

Mount Orab, OH

#44905 Mar 22, 2014
dem wrote:
Who your alter ego?

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#44906 Mar 22, 2014
dem wrote:
....and yet here you are again.

did you actually learn anything while you went bye bye?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#44907 Mar 22, 2014
Every pixel lit on your display and every bit transmitted through the internet creates Carbon Dioxide. What's not to love about global warming?
dem

Zion, IL

#44908 Mar 22, 2014
I didn't learn anything cause I'm an idiot who hacks off old fairlame and spacecadet post and litesout on occasion oh and I'm 13!
Jose

Fullerton, CA

#44909 Mar 22, 2014
dem wrote:
Right now I got litestick in my mouth and spacecadet in my rear!
in YOUR mouth? too funny. lol
dem

Chicago, IL

#44911 Mar 22, 2014
dem wrote:
I didn't learn anything cause I'm an idiot who hacks off old fairlame and spacecadet post and litesout on occasion oh and I'm 13!
Your name might be Sam if you post dumb shit like this. At least put some effort into gramps.

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Orlando, FL

#44912 Mar 22, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name might be Sam if you post dumb shit like this. At least put some effort into gramps.
You couldnt fight your way out of a wet paper sac nut job. Casey thinks you are pathetic.
dem

Chicago, IL

#44913 Mar 22, 2014
jessesToons wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldnt fight your way out of a wet paper sac nut job. Casey thinks you are pathetic.
Fk off, moron. I don't know you or Casey.
litesong

Everett, WA

#44914 Mar 22, 2014
dum wrote:
I didn't learn anything.....
......, as I've stated, because you have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

Since: Mar 14

Australia

#44917 Mar 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Leaving for what? An island in the Pacific Ocean?
There is no escape from the global problems like this one. When that's understood by the rich like the Koch bros.. we will proceed to acceptable solutions.
the bait is thrown out and the hook set bites. The current holy grail of science is to find life elsewhere, we have a space station, first step. You would be mistaken if you believe science has no understanding of the holiness of life, it is within our DNA to seek and to find. And to go, to get away, to explore and to prosper 10000 years from today. 100000, 1 million? Science recognises no limits, it is the religion of reason and the universal infinite. Welcome to my world stu

Australia

#44918 Mar 23, 2014
Arne Marco wrote:
What we normally forget when talking about the amount of CO2, is the significance it has for the human (and other creatures) health. Above 425 ppm in the atmossphere the healthproblems will become more servere, because the blood will slowly be more acid. This will affect bloodpressure etc.
BTW: President Johnson was informed in 1965 about the dangers in increasing the amount of CO2.
I have an insight after watching the national geographic channel the last couple of weeks.'The cradle of the gods' shows religion predates civilization. There is a healthy need within. Science intends to join the bandwagon and be more proactive. Stu

Australia

#44919 Mar 23, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry- Co2 concentration would have to be 50 times what it is today to cause health problems.
Basic Information about Concentrations of CO2 in Air
* 1,000,000 ppm of a gas = 100 % concentration of the gas, and 10,000 ppm of a gas in air = a 1% concentration.
* At 1% concentration of carbon dioxide CO2 (10,000 parts per million or ppm) and under continuous exposure at that level, such as in an auditorium filled with occupants and poor fresh air ventilation, some occupants are likely to feel drowsy.
* The concentration of carbon dioxide must be over about 2%(20,000 ppm) before most people are aware of its presence unless the odor of an associated material (auto exhaust or fermenting yeast, for instance) is present at lower concentrations.
* Above 2%, carbon dioxide may cause a feeling of heaviness in the chest and/or more frequent and deeper respirations.
* If exposure continues at that level for several hours, minimal "acidosis" (an acid condition of the blood) may occur but more frequently is absent.
http://www.inspect-ny.com/hazmat/CO2gashaz.ht...
capitalists and others speak of raising people out of poverty. As if this is the be all and end all. ThEre are too many of us, we lose even when we think we win. In developing countries the presence of markets provide supposedly infinite opportunities. Developed countries see markets shut down in order to protect the few and impoverish the rest. There are still too many of us. Stu

Australia

#44920 Mar 23, 2014
Civilizations get old and stale, they stop listening, they implode. This is the repeated history of our small beautiful planet, this conscious seeking race. No social structure survives for long. At least try communally to keep the population down. That way we have a little more time. Stu

Australia

#44921 Mar 23, 2014
AlgoreTheTinFoilHatter wrote:
Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) is a theory (hypothesis). It is an
unproven theory. What you do with theories is put them to the test with
scientific observations. Let's see what data points we now have:
1) Average annual temperatures have not surpassed 1998 (NOAA)
(University of Alabama)
2) Average annual temperatures are now trending downward since 1998
(NOAA)(University of Alabama)
3) Ocean temperatures have not risen since 2000 when the 3000 Argo buoys
were launched. The buoys even show a slight decrease in ocean temperatures
4) The Arctic ice froze to February levels by December 07, there are 1mm
more sq km than before (previous was 13mm sq km)
5) The Arctic ice is 20cm thicker than "normal" (whatever that is)
6) All polar bear pods are stable or growing (NOAA/PBS)
7) Mount Kilimanjaro is not melting because of global warming, rather
"sublimation"
8) The Antarctic is not "melting", it is growing in most places, the
sloughing off at the edges is normal as the ice mass grows
9) The majority of the Antarctic is 8 degrees below "normal" (again,
whatever that is)
10) The coveted .7 degree rise in temperatures over the last 100 years
has been wiped out with last years below "normal" temperatures (NOAA
coolest winter since 2001)
11) Al Gores film was just deemed "propaganda" in a court of law in the
UK as many points could not be substantiated by scientists
12) It was also just reveled that some of the footage in Als film was
CGI. The ice shelf collapse was from the movie The Day After Tomorrow (ABC)
13) One of the scientists that originally thought that CO2 preceded the
warming has now found with new data that the CO2 rise follows the
warming (Dr David Evans)
14) August 2008 was the first time since 1913 there were no sun spots.
15) The Medieval Warm Period was warmer than the 20th century (no SUVs)
16) Many scientists are now predicting 30 years of cooling.
17) The greenhouse effect is real, our small contribution to it cannot
even be measured
18) Several publications, including those that are warmist have recently
written that the natural cycles of the earth may mask AGW. Give me a break.
scientists are united on global warming. The reason they act as mice is simple, no one dares or wants to hear it. I remember one or two sages trying, they were booed offstage. Our great great great grandchildren are going to cook. Book my ticket to Mars. Stu

Australia

#44922 Mar 23, 2014
How often do I have to say there are too many of us. Stu

Australia

#44923 Mar 23, 2014
There are too many of us. This world cannot support the people it has. Science is already looking for a way to cut its losses and run. Stu

Australia

#44924 Mar 23, 2014
Stuart Cudahy wrote:
<quoted text> I have an insight after watching the national geographic channel the last couple of weeks.'The cradle of the gods' shows religion predates civilization. There is a healthy need within. Science intends to join the bandwagon and be more proactive. Stu
cut my head off, cake it in clay and wait.

Australia

#44925 Mar 23, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
......, as I've stated, because you have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
life is a gift. If there is no excuse for yor lac shut up and listen. Monkeys scream in trees, men step down and state their case. Stu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Sunnier 1,459,123
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 7,944
News Doctor offering 'chelation therapy' has office ... (Apr '08) 19 hr Debbieg1 10
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Mon zazz 98,272
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Mon Maggie McGee 73,750
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Dec 4 Murphey_Law 512,863
News Hollywood hospital administrator quits after li... (Jul '08) Dec 4 Catpeople 268

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages