Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
40,781 - 40,800 of 45,781 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
hands on AR

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>I call myself SpaceBlues, duh.
Is that about the GB? And what do they grow after a tsunami? How soon, also? What do they have to do to the soil?
I love to learn new truth.
they add soluble calcium ,gypsum ,or organic compost. Mother nature helps with a good saturation with rain as well

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

hands on AR wrote:
Aw the poor brits shouldn't have built in the flood plain ,nobody ever learns but then again sheeple don't think!
Yeah those poor Brits, fancy building on a flood plain with all that land to choose from. The same for the Japanese ,so many people and yet they build homes in a earthquake zone. What about the New Zealanders, or flood prone Bangladesh. I suppose none were as smart as you building in a place where nature poses no threat. Does your brain ever compute that when you multiply this out by every country on the planet this might just pose a problem for your lil patch of sacred ground in the future.
hands on AR

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Nope I got 200 acres in the north country I plan to live off of when I quit workin. I got a creek but it's down in the gully can't reach the house even with all the runoff from the snow!
hands on AR

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

lord Balfour wrote:
The tobacco deniers that claimed that second hand smoke was harmless and that iSSreeli apartheid racism was OK , now demand endless wars for the zionist war profiteers..........red corvette with fl tag 911TH , and hebrew tatoos declaring JDL - Kabalah hatred for the USA.

Have u been drinking?
Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

denier wrote:
<quoted text> more good info but I just have a hard time believing anything that says us.gov at the bottom, ya no what I mean ! Also since1880 1.4degrees globally I understand it takes a lot of energy to raise the temp globally but 1.4 doesn't seem convincing to most people. Have you seen the kelp beds off california there growing out of control do they absorb co2 out of the water? And I don't need anyone else's opinion thank-u !
I would like to think, the scientists are NASA, are a little unbiased, as they do have the technology to observe climate change.There is no doubt there is GW, observation tells us this. It would seem to me, that the science has turned political, and that the issue really is how much of GW is contributed to mankinds actions. Logically, we know carbon from fossil fuel consumption and means of extraction does pollute the biosphere and our environments. That it took millions of yrs for the atmosphere to be cleaned of the same toxic shit we are putting back.
Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

And that it was the trees,vegetation,marshes and the natural alchemy of evolutionary process that filtered out the toxic chemicals and gases in the atmosphere to make what we call life today.And while there are many natural variables for global warming ,like volcanic activity, forrest fires, and methane gasses. That the planet has gone through many different climate changes, is true and is shown by science to have occurred .But mankind as a whole has transformed almost 70% of the global land mass, we have diverted whole lakes and streams,chemicals used in our crude-oil byproducts such as plastic, is found in every body of oceans, lakes and streams. we have depleted 50% of the global rainforests in the last 50yrs. Now science is not perfect , and it does not have all the answers, but from what we do know, and logical common sense should tell us, is that in a world of 7billion consumers on a shared planet of finite resources, mankind can not continue with the mismanagement of the science we do know, and the precious resources we have left.It is just simply time we as a whole, take responsibility for our actions, and use the best science,technology and human ingenuity, to take better responsibility for our actions, for all of humanity and our environments.Think of all the wasted time energy and resource , we as a whole have put into the war machine and destruction of each other in the last century and beginning of this one alone.The Zeitgeist of mankind , has always come about when, as a whole, we work together, and share our knowledge, for the common interest of the whole. If practical change is what we the people want, then we must stop our bread and circus democracy's of self interest, and we the people must educate and participate in our Democracies..
denier

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> I would like to think, the scientists are NASA, are a little unbiased, as they do have the technology to observe climate change.There is no doubt there is GW, observation tells us this. It would seem to me, that the science has turned political, and that the issue really is how much of GW is contributed to mankinds actions. Logically, we know carbon from fossil fuel consumption and means of extraction does pollute the biosphere and our environments. That it took millions of yrs for the atmosphere to be cleaned of the same toxic shit we are putting back.
what do you know about the kelp imean didn't they test kelp in space to see how much oxygen it created I could be wrong ,but I KNOW it's growing 60ft in some places to the surface can we plant it in other places?
Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

PS, We the people are government, to say you do not trust government is a bit of an oxymoron.There is no them and us. It is the responsibility of the citizenry, to be self informed and educated about the people you want to represent us. Other wise you end up with the current system of self interest and manipulation of those who know how the system is run.To many have said fuk the system, or are so divided by 2 parties that are sponsored and controlled by the same elitist republic. Something the Romans called a bread and circus. The constitution was not written for the times it was written in, it was for the future generations, who where responsible and mature enough to vote in the interest of the whole, not self interest

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

denier wrote:
<quoted text>what do you know about the kelp imean didn't they test kelp in space to see how much oxygen it created I could be wrong ,but I KNOW it's growing 60ft in some places to the surface can we plant it in other places?
There is only one problem with that, for instance Toyota sold 9.7 million vehicles last year and in the interest of capitalism they won't be happy with that. So this year they will want to sell 10 million do you get the picture ? That's a hell of a lot of kelp to grow to counter that and the other thing you forget while Capitalism needs to grow in order to survive the planet does NOT. So it doesn't take Einstein to figure there is a clash of interest here!
We either turn our efforts into a cleaner future or we end up like the Roman Empire.
Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

denier wrote:
<quoted text>what do you know about the kelp imean didn't they test kelp in space to see how much oxygen it created I could be wrong ,but I KNOW it's growing 60ft in some places to the surface can we plant it in other places?
http://intellihub.com/scientists-to-analyze-w...

http://enenews.com/seattle-tv-warning-video-o...

http://oceansnorth.org/climate-change

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

oneear69 wrote:
And that it was the trees,vegetation,marshes and the natural alchemy of evolutionary process that filtered out the toxic chemicals and gases in the atmosphere to make what we call life today.And while there are many natural variables for global warming ,like volcanic activity, forrest fires, and methane gasses. That the planet has gone through many different climate changes, is true and is shown by science to have occurred .But mankind as a whole has transformed almost 70% of the global land mass, we have diverted whole lakes and streams,chemicals used in our crude-oil byproducts such as plastic, is found in every body of oceans, lakes and streams. we have depleted 50% of the global rainforests in the last 50yrs. Now science is not perfect , and it does not have all the answers, but from what we do know, and logical common sense should tell us, is that in a world of 7billion consumers on a shared planet of finite resources, mankind can not continue with the mismanagement of the science we do know, and the precious resources we have left.It is just simply time we as a whole, take responsibility for our actions, and use the best science,technology and human ingenuity, to take better responsibility for our actions, for all of humanity and our environments.Think of all the wasted time energy and resource , we as a whole have put into the war machine and destruction of each other in the last century and beginning of this one alone.The Zeitgeist of mankind , has always come about when, as a whole, we work together, and share our knowledge, for the common interest of the whole. If practical change is what we the people want, then we must stop our bread and circus democracy's of self interest, and we the people must educate and participate in our Democracies..
The environmental disasters of plastic in the water supply and deforestation were made worse by environmental zealots forcing change before adequate study was done.
Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
The environmental disasters of plastic in the water supply and deforestation were made worse by environmental zealots forcing change before adequate study was done.
My friend, it is a contribution of all humanity, the responsibility to demand proper science is that of the citizenry. Mankind has done more damage to planet in the last 200yrs, than all of human history combined. Our population has tripled, because of irresponsibility of science and technology.There are so many chemicals in our food chain, that there is no such thing as natural, we have manipulated the planet to our needs and wants.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Made worse by environmental zealots huh ? Rainforests once covered 14% of the earth's land surface; now they cover a mere 6% and experts estimate that the last remaining rainforests could be consumed in less than 40 years. Deforestation accounts for about 20% of global emissions of CO2. It serves no purpose a country like the US keeping its forest cover at a stable figure while at the same time making up for the shortfall importing forest products with consumerism. Nothing gained there, while places in Sth America, Indonesia cut down rain forests as quick as you can blink feeding the consumer never ending demand. Once again you favour to see Rome burn before looking for a fire hose. Study my a$$, it's another ignorant statement from a denier who try anything to stall what is already known as fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend, it is a contribution of all humanity, the responsibility to demand proper science is that of the citizenry. Mankind has done more damage to planet in the last 200yrs, than all of human history combined. Our population has tripled, because of irresponsibility of science and technology.There are so many chemicals in our food chain, that there is no such thing as natural, we have manipulated the planet to our needs and wants.
Yes and if the citizenry had demanded more study (science ) Of the long term impact of switching from paper to plastic bags. We wouldn't be eating plastic every day and watching the rainforest disappear.
Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and if the citizenry had demanded more study (science ) Of the long term impact of switching from paper to plastic bags. We wouldn't be eating plastic every day and watching the rainforest disappear.
agreed,in a world without self interest,we would have made things out of hemp. Like plastic bags,diapers,paper,cotton ,etc. Hemp can replace up to 80% of crude oil by products.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Made worse by environmental zealots huh ? Rainforests once covered 14% of the earth's land surface; now they cover a mere 6% and experts estimate that the last remaining rainforests could be consumed in less than 40 years. Deforestation accounts for about 20% of global emissions of CO2. It serves no purpose a country like the US keeping its forest cover at a stable figure while at the same time making up for the shortfall importing forest products with consumerism. Nothing gained there, while places in Sth America, Indonesia cut down rain forests as quick as you can blink feeding the consumer never ending demand. Once again you favour to see Rome burn before looking for a fire hose. Study my a$$, it's another ignorant statement from a denier who try anything to stall what is already known as fact.
Environmental zealots drove the lumber business out of the U.S.lumber is renewable for over 200 years in The U.S. Lumber and pulp companies had harvested and replanted. When they were shut down all that production switched to Russia,South America,China and the clear cutting continues.
Check your history as to why Rome fell.
Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Its interesting to note,that the oil cartels of the day had their hand in making hemp illegal. A natural product used for centuries by all cultures.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>agreed,in a world without self interest,we would have made things out of hemp. Like plastic bags,diapers,paper,cotton ,etc. Hemp can replace up to 80% of crude oil by products.
We agree on this point. But with the help of politicians hemp was demonized and lost its favor possibly forever.
Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Environmental zealots drove the lumber business out of the U.S.lumber is renewable for over 200 years in The U.S. Lumber and pulp companies had harvested and replanted. When they were shut down all that production switched to Russia,South America,China and the clear cutting continues.
Check your history as to why Rome fell.
in part perhaps. I think even the lumber industry realized the demand was more than supply,with out having to clear cut ,and wage plus regulation, made those corperations move to places that have no envromenntal regulation or workers rights. And that would include.how much robotic and automation factors could use. Hence the reason china and India are the manufacturing and textile industries on the planet.the big 3 auto companies have been in south america and china since the early 90s. The banking and oil cartels have manopolized our financial institutions,and our governments for their own sell interet of power and greed.And we have fallen for the eyecandy
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

[QUOTE who="lord doesn't matter"]The environmental disasters of plastic in the water supply and deforestation were made worse by environmental zealots forcing change before adequate study was done.[/QUOTE]

Correction:
The environmental disasters of plastic in the water supply and deforestation were made worse by environmental zealots forcing change before adequate study was done, of which oil, energy, business, & re-pubic-lick-uns could have studied(from PEE-R propaganda facilities) for 300 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Tinka 1,079,668
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr marce-encore 483,908
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 5 hr Princess Hey 4,112
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 2,480
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 11,912
two words (Jul '10) 6 hr Princess Hey 26,855
3 word game (Jan '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 13,401
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000