Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63620 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43193 Feb 5, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text> Feel free to set me right.
If the glacial is moving fast and dropping into the ocean. Is not the ice being replaced at the back end with new ice?
I would guess no, the back end is melting too.

Did you think a little tiny bit before you posted that question?

Didn't think so....
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43194 Feb 5, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all bozo's on this bus.
My Firesign is Aries.

I know exactly where you are coming from.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#43195 Feb 5, 2014
flack wrote:
UK snow events
On 25 September 1885 snow was reported to have fallen at London and Wallington in Surrey making it the earliest fall of snow on the capital.
On 2 June 1975 snow showers forced the abandonment of several cricket matches across the country.
The snowiest winter of the twentieth century in the United Kingdom was 1947. Between 22 January and 17 March snow fell every day somewhere in the country.
The most disastrous avalanche in the United Kingdom occurred in Lewes, East Sussex on 27 December 1836. Eight people were killed and several houses were destroyed.
You haven't disputed anything, all you have done is strengthened the warming case. Why because all these events you list are at worst decades apart, in some cases 100 yrs or more.
This is what we would normally expect, now scan the records for the past 10 years and you will see all the events you have listed in the past 200 yrs condensed into about 5 or 6 yrs. That is the WHOLE POINT! FREQUENCY

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#43197 Feb 5, 2014
Yup, globull warming strikes again:

Snow heads back to Northeast after Midwest slammed

Winter-weary residents of the Northeast are getting another dose of snow, sleet and freezing rain. The second winter storm of the week is canceling classes, closing government and business offices, and causing hundreds of thousands of power outages across the region after wreaking similar havoc in the Midwest on Tuesday. Anywhere from a few inches to a foot or more of snow was expected to fall Wednesday on East Coast states, while some were getting freezing rain and sleet that made driving treacherous. It's their second go-round since a good coating of snow fell on Monday.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#43198 Feb 5, 2014
Denver sets record low temperature, globull warming fer sure.

Location hidden

#43199 Feb 5, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Denver sets record low temperature, globull warming fer sure.
Yes you got that right!

“The global temperature for the year 2013 is consistent with the long term warming trend,” said WMO Secretary-General Michel Jarraud.“The rate of warming is not uniform but the underlying trend is undeniable. Given the record amounts of greenhouse gases in our atmosphere, global temperatures will continue to rise for generations to come,” said Mr Jarraud.

“Our action – or inaction – to curb emissions of carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases will shape the state of our planet for our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren,” said Mr Jarraud.

Surface temperature is one of the most familiar and consistently measured weather and climate variables, and has the most direct connection to long-term climate change. But it is just part of a much wider picture. More than 90 percent of the excess heat being caused by human activities is being absorbed by the ocean."

http://en.mercopress.com/2014/02/06/last-year...
denier

Zion, IL

#43200 Feb 6, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Yup, globull warming strikes again:
Snow heads back to Northeast after Midwest slammed
Winter-weary residents of the Northeast are getting another dose of snow, sleet and freezing rain. The second winter storm of the week is canceling classes, closing government and business offices, and causing hundreds of thousands of power outages across the region after wreaking similar havoc in the Midwest on Tuesday. Anywhere from a few inches to a foot or more of snow was expected to fall Wednesday on East Coast states, while some were getting freezing rain and sleet that made driving treacherous. It's their second go-round since a good coating of snow fell on Monday.
the warmies told me if it's cold here it's hot somewhere else aren't they smart! The must have algera ,pre cal ,scince, math ,english, Spanish, and a non earned hi skule diplooma.

Location hidden

#43201 Feb 6, 2014
denier wrote:
<quoted text>the warmies told me if it's cold here it's hot somewhere else aren't they smart! The must have algera ,pre cal ,scince, math ,english, Spanish, and a non earned hi skule diplooma.
Well there you go, maybe this weather business isn't so complicated after all.
If you are sick of shovelling snow, then take a break in Brazil, or Australia or maybe South Africa. You can fry an egg on the pavement there!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/01/0...

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#43202 Feb 6, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You (guess) so you don't know for sure do you.
If a glacier is melting it goes slower.
Did you even think a little bit before posted that answer.
Didn't think so.
Lol.

This new intake of deniers is the dumbest ever.
denier

Zion, IL

#43203 Feb 6, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there you go, maybe this weather business isn't so complicated after all.
If you are sick of shovelling snow, then take a break in Brazil, or Australia or maybe South Africa. You can fry an egg on the pavement there!
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/01/0...
all these countries are known to be hot ,yall cried when Australia had 60 in of rain a couple Years ago now your cryin cause there's no rain just like California one year change and it's globull warming ,be honest with ya I would rather California fall into the ocean, full of garbage
denier

Zion, IL

#43204 Feb 6, 2014
This just in rain moves into California relief from globull warming is here!
denier

Zion, IL

#43205 Feb 6, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't disputed anything, all you have done is strengthened the warming case. Why because all these events you list are at worst decades apart, in some cases 100 yrs or more.
This is what we would normally expect, now scan the records for the past 10 years and you will see all the events you have listed in the past 200 yrs condensed into about 5 or 6 yrs. That is the WHOLE POINT! FREQUENCY
High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program . Yes the whole point is frequency

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#43206 Feb 6, 2014
'They treat unbelievably tiny differences in temperature that exist only as a statistical artifact as if they told us something! For instance they contrast the 2013 anomaly of .62C with 2010, which is .66C. The difference is only 4 hundredths of one degree Celsius!'--'NOAA also has 2013 as the 4th warmest year, at 0.62 deg C above the global 20th century average of 13.9 deg C. Note that only 0.09 deg C [nine hundredths of one degree] separates their top ten warmest years.'-'Is there any point at which they would concede that a difference is too small to be taken seriously? Thousandths of one degree? Millionths of one degree? Medieval theologians used to debate how many angels could dance on the head of a pin. Theology is alive and well among Warmists!'
denier

Zion, IL

#43207 Feb 6, 2014
I like how they alter their charts to make it look so drastic ever notice that!

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#43208 Feb 6, 2014
denier wrote:
<quoted text> wait I thought you were a lemming?, was I wrong?
i believe a carbon tax on the relative minuscule amount of co2 man emits into the atmosphere has absolutely zero chance of altering climate now or in the future. Global warming alarmism is about wealth redistribution....it's aims and goals end right there!
SpaceBlues

United States

#43209 Feb 6, 2014
denier wrote:
I like how they alter their charts to make it look so drastic ever notice that!
I call 400,00 hiroshimas daily .. drastic..
SpaceBlues

United States

#43210 Feb 6, 2014
I call 400,000 hiroshimas .. drastic.
litesong

Everett, WA

#43211 Feb 6, 2014
ack ack flack wrote:
Note that only 0.09 deg C [nine hundredths of one degree] separates their top ten warmest years.'-'Is there any point at which they would concede that a difference is too small to be taken seriously?
"ack ack flack" doesn't find it amazing that science can measure such things because it can't measure such things. Of course, he never took science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa & couldn't get its science & mathematics degrees. To "ack ack flack" temperatures could be back at pre-20th century levels & it wouldn't know the difference........ just too long with a thermometer up its butt & misread to boot!

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#43212 Feb 6, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>I call 400,00 hiroshimas daily .. drastic..
lets put your stupid analogy into proper context. The top of the atmosphere receives the "equivalent" of 136,000,000 Hiroshima bombs per day from the sun!!!! Do you feel a little less fearful now, sissified sensationalist?

Lol

Don't you have some urgent envelopes to stuff for the Sierra Club since the Keystone XL approval is gaining momentum?

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#43213 Feb 6, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i believe a carbon tax on the relative minuscule amount of co2 man emits into the atmosphere has absolutely zero chance of altering climate now or in the future. Global warming alarmism is about wealth redistribution....it's aims and goals end right there!
It has nothing to do with reducing CO2. It is all about redistribution of wealth. It is the marxist libtard way. Tell me how me paying someone who doesn't create a lot of CO2 money so I can continue creating CO2 stops anything. Just another libtard scam!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,522,458
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Lon Spector 513,105
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 2 hr Lon Spector 92
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 14 hr zazz 98,384
Republican Party of liars, cheats, sex offenders Apr 24 ChildAbuse is Wrong 1
April is Child Protection Month but Trump Hosts... Apr 24 ChildAbuse is Wrong 1
News Bush revokes pardon after learning of GOP donation (Dec '08) Apr 24 Julios Lottery ti... 15

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages