Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
38,921 - 38,940 of 46,238 Comments Last updated 19 min ago
de vince coke

Hanoi, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>How did you enjoy the hurricane last week?
thx for asking;) it"s in Da Nang!!;-00h, my almanac is very cool!;)
litesong

Monroe, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

motheaten wrote:
And who says there's no connection between global warming advocacy.......
Truth says there are connections between toxic topix AGW deniers & oil, energy, business, & re-pubic-lick-un upper floor, upper crust paper shufflers & people shovers' propaganda PEE-R.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Empty. Kaput. Void. Global warming is real. Admit it.
Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

Like I've said.... over and over and over... that's so basic. Admit that and we'll advance to more the more complex issues.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth says there are connections between toxic topix AGW deniers & oil, energy, business, & re-pubic-lick-un upper floor, upper crust paper shufflers & people shovers' propaganda PEE-R.
A claim of "truth" from the useful idiot loon?

LOL

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I've said.... over and over and over... that's so basic. Admit that and we'll advance to more the more complex issues.
Sorry, hun, but it is obvious that you have no "more complex issues" to discuss. BTW, I am not a fan of AL Gore. However, the message he brings is a valid one. You cannot depreciate that with ad hominem. What don't you understand about that?

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Besides unstoppable warming, just what does have to happen now so science can be 100% certain that their "threat to the planet" WILL be inevitable not just possible?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, hun, but it is obvious that you have no "more complex issues" to discuss. BTW, I am not a fan of AL Gore. However, the message he brings is a valid one. You cannot depreciate that with ad hominem. What don't you understand about that?
Yegads... there is no depth to your denial.

Get past that then we'll hit some advanced stuff.
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

mememine69 wrote:
Besides unstoppable warming, just what does have to happen now so science can be 100% certain that their "threat to the planet" WILL be inevitable not just possible?
oh 'meme' it is a concern that there is not enough floride in your drinking water. no one should question the results of government paid scientific, almost proven facts. you people in canada need to start listening to that motorcycle guy, he makes up some real scientific stuff. canadian beer is good,but you need to start drinking more government approved tap water. it is not too late to save the planet 'meme', drink the water.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Wiz, now David Suzuki's assets are questioned. Well how about this, all you fossil fueler's better come home covered in coal dust or oil plus live in a 4ft x 10ft wooden shack to have any credibility in anything you have to say.
Why would a person tell me how to live, how to curb my "carbon footprint", how and why I should reduce energy etc...while he lives in 4 large homes and drives around in a large SUV and has other cars, luxuries etc?

And just for the record, I am not covered in oil where I work, but I do work in the oil-gas fields. So do 50,000+ other Canadians, many other foreigner workers and the thousands of other spin off jobs. They, and myself, work hard everyday to contribute to ourselves and this country's GDP.

David Suzuki spews forth more hot air carbon out of his mouth than any process of oil, and his worshippers have more time to protest than anyone else because they have nothing else to do.

Next time David Suzuki travels around Canada telling me how to live and be anti-industry, he better use a bicycle instead of a plane or large diesel burning bus. Same for that Al Snore.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

heavytune wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'meme' it is a concern that there is not enough floride in your drinking water. no one should question the results of government paid scientific, almost proven facts. you people in canada need to start listening to that motorcycle guy, he makes up some real scientific stuff. canadian beer is good,but you need to start drinking more government approved tap water. it is not too late to save the planet 'meme', drink the water.
I know yer baiting but that's ok :)

Your belief is just faith and our denier knowledge is our wisdom:
YOU believers are telling children a crisis is coming while science has NEVER agreed beyond "could be". Prove me wrong.
They have a 30 year old meaningless 田ould be" consensus of nothing and have NEVER said or agreed it WILL be a crisis. Not one IPCC warning says it but YOU do. Too funny!
Prove me wrong and prove that science agrees with YOU that it WILL be a crisis, not just possibly and likely and.....
But if "could be" from science is good enough for YOU to believe a crisis WILL happen, we can respect that level of "faith".
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU believers are telling children a crisis is coming while science has NEVER agreed beyond "could be". Prove me wrong.
They have a 30 year old meaningless 田ould be" consensus of nothing and have NEVER said or agreed it WILL be a crisis. Not one IPCC warning says it but YOU do. Too funny!
Prove me wrong and prove that science agrees with YOU that it WILL be a crisis, not just possibly and likely and.....
But if "could be" from science is good enough for YOU to believe a crisis WILL happen, we can respect that level of "faith".
oh 'meme', just yesterday the wind picked up, and a cloud went over the sun. I looked down the street and a neighbor was using a gasoline powered leaf blower. we ran down to stop him, untill another police car showed up to deliver extra batteries for the tazers and the machine was shut off. we were fighting a loosing battle. the sun came back out and everything was peachy keen again. it could have been far worse, we could have had an outbreak of uncontrolled common sense that would have destroyed our goal of having taxes like austrailia. we are loosing ground people, only you, can prevent global warming. what will happen if people live their own life and never pay

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a person tell me how to live, how to curb my "carbon footprint", how and why I should reduce energy etc...while he lives in 4 large homes and drives around in a large SUV and has other cars, luxuries etc?
And just for the record, I am not covered in oil where I work, but I do work in the oil-gas fields. So do 50,000+ other Canadians, many other foreigner workers and the thousands of other spin off jobs. They, and myself, work hard everyday to contribute to ourselves and this country's GDP.
David Suzuki spews forth more hot air carbon out of his mouth than any process of oil, and his worshippers have more time to protest than anyone else because they have nothing else to do.
Next time David Suzuki travels around Canada telling me how to live and be anti-industry, he better use a bicycle instead of a plane or large diesel burning bus. Same for that Al Snore.
The point is you believe in your own BS propaganda. I made the analogy because you infer that green advocates should live in tree houses to be credible. But green and capitalism can co-exist when a clean energy source can allow us to live exactly as we live now. The only other things we have to look after are our resources which we need to generate food and clean water. So the same BS about everyone having to park their car in the garage and not take any advantage of technology to reduce carbon emissions is another myth you associate with green.
The classic example of technology working in the fossil fuel industry is fracking. Now that was not possible a couple of decades ago and now it is used extensively so much so it has reduced the US emissions way beyond what was expected and cut back on imported oil. So there is one example of how science can save as well as warn. The problem is with you guys is that you want all that science to exploit your industry but will not accept it being used in competition. That's the bottom line.
democrat wife

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

SNOWSTORM GREETS GLOBAL-WARMING PROTEST
Only 50 show up after 300 planned to be there

lol.
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh my'meme' haven't you seen the reports? don't you know that only you can save the planet? even the friggen prince says so. how much trouble can you endure? if only smart people were in charge. what if's and maybe's are good enough for me.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is you believe in your own BS propaganda. I made the analogy because you infer that green advocates should live in tree houses to be credible. But green and capitalism can co-exist when a clean energy source can allow us to live exactly as we live now. The only other things we have to look after are our resources which we need to generate food and clean water. So the same BS about everyone having to park their car in the garage and not take any advantage of technology to reduce carbon emissions is another myth you associate with green.
The classic example of technology working in the fossil fuel industry is fracking. Now that was not possible a couple of decades ago and now it is used extensively so much so it has reduced the US emissions way beyond what was expected and cut back on imported oil. So there is one example of how science can save as well as warn. The problem is with you guys is that you want all that science to exploit your industry but will not accept it being used in competition. That's the bottom line.
I don't want greenies to live in tree houses to be credible. I want them to stop living the very lifestyle they criticize anyone else for living. It's hypocritical for enviro gurus like David Suzuki to tell others what they are doing wrong and he does it himself.

Going green should not also include penalizing other industries. I do not want carbon taxes in my country and neither does alot of economists.

You're for fracking? You must be one of the few on the greenie side. Fracking is a big issue where I live, so many against it yet it would bring in multi-millions for a province with revenue and unemployment probs. I fly out to western Canada for work, fracking is all over the place there and in some places been used for decades with no probs but the masses back here in the east think all fracking is bad.
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh 'meme', why make stuff up when comets are coming? why make stuff up when the president is lying? why make stuff up when only australia has made money off of a global warming tax? gee wizz.
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>
geewizz meme, you mean tomorrow we hsve to wake up to what ever weather the world has to offer? no one needs to suffer so. just take the bait meme, the sun will come out, for sure. we only need to put some new tires on it.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
You're for fracking? You must be one of the few on the greenie side. Fracking is a big issue where I live, so many against it yet it would bring in multi-millions for a province with revenue and unemployment probs. I fly out to western Canada for work, fracking is all over the place there and in some places been used for decades with no probs but the masses back here in the east think all fracking is bad.
I never said I was FOR fracking, it was an example of how science & technology got together to further exploit more uses for the fossil fuel industry. The fact that it burns cleaner than the rest is the only bonus that comes from it.
When they go onto prime agricultural areas & contaminate the water table etc it poses a huge risk. This is the problem with the fossil fuel industry they have no freaking boundaries, its that endless thirst to exploit. So you would be hanging out for the keystone pipeline which is another point of contention. We all know this is bad for us, but we keep using it. It's like asking a heavy smoker to quit, a very hard task indeed. So we need to embrace clean energy not see it as a threat!
Professor Emeritus Fellow

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

In 50 years from now, the earth's average temperature will be 1 degree warmer.

... or 1 degree cooler.

It will not be the same. Guaranteed!
Ghidorah

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
A claim of "truth" from the useful idiot loon?
LOL
hoo duh bop

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando