Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63981 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

United States

#41464 Nov 20, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still your opinion.
Nope.

Fact.

Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

Until you grow up and admit this basic fact, further discussion with you is pointless.

But thanks again for bringing up Gore. I do love holding warmists to at least some measure of standards.
litesong

Everett, WA

#41465 Nov 20, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
USA has roughly about 317 million people in it right now. On average that is about 200 people per square mile.
////////
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Total Area = 3.79 million square miles
Population 313,900,000 in 2012 (world bank figures)
so slightly under a hundred people per square mile.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Throw out the vast regions of wilderness, mountain ranges, Alaska tundra, great lakes(including the Great Lakes), Texas flats, National Parks & Monuments(specially in northern winters), large tracks of desert, vast Wyoming & Montana ranches & farms & desolate regions that nobody wants(specially Native Tribal Concentration Camps), then you know why people bump into each other, even with 1400+ foot skyscrapers.

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#41466 Nov 20, 2013
dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: The climate changes.
Opinion: Man should control the climate.
Fact: CO2 is closer to a dangerously low level than it is to a dangerously high level.
Opinion: CO2 can control the climate.
The facts are not at issue.
Opinions are.
Facts presented by an idiot like you may be an issue, because they may not be facts at all, but rather the foolish babblings of an ignorant old man, which in this case they certainly are.

Level 1

"the green troll"

#41467 Nov 20, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Fact.
Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.
Until you grow up and admit this basic fact, further discussion with you is pointless.
But thanks again for bringing up Gore. I do love holding warmists to at least some measure of standards.
Well, discussion with you is going to go a long way isn't it, you infantile moron.
Mothra

United States

#41469 Nov 20, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, discussion with you is going to go a long way isn't it, you infantile moron.
Warmists are incapable of having an intelligent debate if they cannot admit Al Gore is global warming hypocrite.

But if they can pass this seemingly monumental hurdle there's a chance they can have rational discussions.

btw, name calling won't win an points in the 'rational discussion' argument.

Level 1

"the green troll"

#41470 Nov 20, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Warmists are incapable of having an intelligent debate if they cannot admit Al Gore is global warming hypocrite.
But if they can pass this seemingly monumental hurdle there's a chance they can have rational discussions.
One can't have a rational discussion with a vacuous moron.

The only thing to do is to point out he is a vacuous moron.

You are certainly a vacuous moron.

At least you're in good company in this thread.

(Hello ratdownthemiddle and sock puppets.)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41471 Nov 20, 2013
litesong wrote:
OzRitz wrote:
USA has roughly about 317 million people in it right now. On average that is about 200 people per square mile.
////////
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Total Area = 3.79 million square miles
Population 313,900,000 in 2012 (world bank figures)
so slightly under a hundred people per square mile.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Throw out the vast regions of wilderness, mountain ranges, Alaska tundra, great lakes(including the Great Lakes), Texas flats, National Parks & Monuments(specially in northern winters), large tracks of desert, vast Wyoming & Montana ranches & farms & desolate regions that nobody wants(specially Native Tribal Concentration Camps), then you know why people bump into each other, even with 1400+ foot skyscrapers.
What's even worse, 200 yrs on still allowed to bump into each other carrying fire arms and not those single shot muskets back when the constitution was drafted. But of course all this makes perfect sense in a crowded 21st century where a government can enforce the wearing of selt belts & no smoking in public buildings in the interest of public safety. But to take my automatic weapon, or force me into healthcare is taking away my freedom & that is something that defies logic.
Mothra

United States

#41472 Nov 20, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
One can't have a rational discussion with a vacuous moron.
The only thing to do is to point out he is a vacuous moron.
You are certainly a vacuous moron.
At least you're in good company in this thread.
(Hello ratdownthemiddle and sock puppets.)
Aww gee... little warmist has a fit.
Mothra

United States

#41473 Nov 20, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
What's even worse, 200 yrs on still allowed to bump into each other carrying fire arms and not those single shot muskets back when the constitution was drafted. But of course all this makes perfect sense in a crowded 21st century where a government can enforce the wearing of selt belts & no smoking in public buildings in the interest of public safety. But to take my automatic weapon, or force me into healthcare is taking away my freedom & that is something that defies logic.
<yawn>

Nothing to see here... just more big government babble.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#41474 Nov 20, 2013
I need not even be here to get inside some of these mullets heads!

Bwaaahhaaaahaaaaa!!

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#41475 Nov 20, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
<yawn>
Nothing to see here... just more big government babble.
thats all these clowns stand for. Helpless hapless loons!
Lol
Jessie

Corona Del Mar, CA

#41476 Nov 20, 2013
My great grandfather used to record temperatures for the government from 1911 to 1933. He said they (him and his friends) used to make up numbers all the time because half of the thermometers were broken. He said it was "good enough for government work". He said he could tell within 2 or 3 degrees what the temperature was at any time.

He tended to drink a bit also.

Level 1

"the green troll"

#41477 Nov 20, 2013
Jessie wrote:
My great grandfather used to record temperatures for the government from 1911 to 1933. He said they (him and his friends) used to make up numbers all the time because half of the thermometers were broken. He said it was "good enough for government work". He said he could tell within 2 or 3 degrees what the temperature was at any time.
James wrote:
There is no global warming. My grandpa used to keep those temperature records. He said him and his co-workers would just make numbers up. Said it was "close enough for government work".
He said the thermometers didn't work very well and were sometimes in the shade as trees and bushes grew. The shaded thermometers were wrong so they just picked a number that sounded good.
Joe wrote:
My great grandfather used to record temps back in 1920-1935. He said they drank wine and often made up temps for the log book. He said it was "close enough" for government work. Said everyone did it.
Are you three brothers?

Location hidden

#41478 Nov 20, 2013
Jessie wrote:
No need to worry, these days with technology they can drill into a piece of ice 1000's of years old and determine the temps then anyway.
It makes up for all that poor equipment used in the old days.

Location hidden

#41479 Nov 20, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>thats all these clowns stand for. Helpless hapless loons!
Lol
Yes this forum is about warming, and it's plain as day no matter what is presented even when you can't understand it you will still dismiss it anyway. However every now and then a post comes in ranting on about big government ruining their lives and we are ready for that too. And the Al Gore obsession just because he is a capitalist as well as a warmist, using the same tools to get his message out as the fossil crowd do. No problems with that either!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#41480 Nov 20, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic is global warming, not Al Gore. Since you apparently have no valid argument against global warming, you must resort to deflection. That is the hurdle over which you so often trip.

The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Facts that you do not wish to discuss.
litesong

Everett, WA

#41481 Nov 20, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
200 yrs on still allowed ......fire arms...... force me into healthcare is taking away my freedom.......
//////////
litesong wrote:
I like my gun in those....."vast regions of wilderness, mountain ranges, Alaska tundra, great lakes(including the Great Lakes), Texas flats, National Parks & Monuments(specially in northern winters), large tracks of desert, vast Wyoming & Montana ranches & farms & desolate regions that nobody wants(specially Native Tribal Concentration Camps)".

Don't worry 'bout the healthcare. No one, who can't afford proper food & heated housing, will be able to pay for the healthcare, either.........specially in the Native Tribal Concentration Camps....... just the way re-pubic-lick-uns rigged it up & wanted it.
Tex

Los Angeles, CA

#41482 Nov 20, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to worry, these days with technology they can drill into a piece of ice 1000's of years old and determine the temps then anyway.
It makes up for all that poor equipment used in the old days.
You're all hat and no cattle.
litesong

Everett, WA

#41483 Nov 20, 2013
wrong text wrote:
A re-pubic-lick-un speaks up.......
Jefferson

Fullerton, CA

#41484 Nov 20, 2013
Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min JCPete 1,603,077
News Student zapped by Taser leaves juvenile detenti... (Mar '08) 8 hr Thaliamar Jimenez 161
Poll Child Protective Services Should Be SUED Along ... (Aug '12) Sat Angela 40
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sat Murphey_Law 513,687
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,518
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sep 22 LizW 73,841
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) Sep 22 james52 244

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages