Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 50,382
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40957 Oct 29, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather, most people here don't descend to simple ad-hominem message such as your, misdirected as to the source anyway. The science comes from scientists, not from Al Gore. And YOU are a hypocrite if you say that he isn't doing enough when YOU think he is doing too much...
Actually, the ad-hominem about Al Gore is about as rational as claiming that he isn't a Christian because he doesn't wear a crown of thorns or nail himself to a cross. How are you doing on that score, or have you sold your soul (if any) to Satan?)
<quoted text>
What would YOU know about religion? Wearing sack cloth and ashes or are you a hypocrite..(<sarcasm>)
And even more deflections....

Can't admit Al Gore is a hypocrite?

Didn't think so.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40958 Oct 29, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather, most people here don't descend to simple ad-hominem message...
Bullshyt!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40959 Oct 29, 2013
Al Gore's California Mansion

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

count the solar panels

Al Gore is a hypocrite.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40960 Oct 29, 2013
Al Gore was robbed of a presidential election.. The guilt goes on to eternity..

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40961 Oct 29, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing that's dead is the education of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y". It has no science or mathematics degrees. "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc for its poorly or non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
DEAD is the knowledge of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".
I'm glad "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" never learns.
LMAO@UI
Why don't you step up to the plate and make a claim based on fact instead of your witless opinions, ya dumfuque assclown!!
Bwaaahaaahaa
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40962 Oct 29, 2013
ratdownthemiddle wrote:
Why don't you......
Why don't you get a science & mathematics education?

The thing that's dead is the education of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y". It has no science or mathematics degrees. "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc for its poorly or non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40963 Oct 29, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you get a science & mathematics education?
actually, son, you have no idea.
Why do waste co2? That is something we both know to be factual, huh, repetitive lap dog?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40964 Oct 29, 2013
Global cooling: Are we headed into a ‘little ice age?’

Global warming? More like global cooling, according to a leading U.K. scientist.

Professor Mike Lockwood from Reading University told the BBC that at the current rate of decline in solar activity, there is a risk that Northern Europe could become much colder and enter a new “Little Ice Age.”

The “Little Ice Age” refers to a period during the 1600s when winters were harsh all across Europe. The cold weather that plagued the continent coincided with an inactive sun, called the Maunder solar minimum.

Lockwood argues that during the late 20th century, the sun was unusually active, with the so-called “grand maximum” of solar activity occurring around 1985. But solar activity has decreased since then.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/29/global-cool...
billy hill

Gurnee, IL

#40965 Oct 29, 2013
Yall are crackin me up

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#40966 Oct 29, 2013
Mothra wrote:
Global warming? More like global cooling, according to a leading U.K. scientist.
Professor Mike Lockwood from Reading University told the BBC that at the current rate of decline in solar activity, there is a risk that Northern Europe could become much colder and enter a new “Little Ice Age.”
The “Little Ice Age” refers to a period during the 1600s when winters were harsh all across Europe. The cold weather that plagued the continent coincided with an inactive sun, called the Maunder solar minimum.
Lockwood argues that during the late 20th century, the sun was unusually active, with the so-called “grand maximum” of solar activity occurring around 1985. But solar activity has decreased since then.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/29/global-cool...
This is a regional effect, not a global one. Does not negate the effects of global warming.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/...
Level 1

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#40967 Oct 29, 2013
Mothra wrote:
And what did the leading UK scientist have to say about the story?
Mike Lockwood It amazing how one can be misrepresented no matter how clear one tries to make it! One point I made to Hudson is that many of the so called bits of "evidence" for solar influence on global temperature actually come from Europe in winter (cf Eddy and all that) and so are not global at all. Depressing.
Mike Lockwood I am only talking of regional effects!!!!!!!!!! On the global front I refer you to Jones, Stott and Lockwood (JGR 2012 doi: 10.1029/2011JD017013) in which we showed that even a Maunder minimum would have almost no effect on global temperatures - very similar to the result in Stefan's paper. I have always made it clear (and did make it absolutely clear to Paul Hudson - I couldn't have stressed it more!) that I am only talking about blocking events so for example if such an event brings cold Arctic air to central Europe in winter, it takes warm moist air up to Greenland.
https://www.facebook.com/MichaelMannScientist...

Deniers are dumb.

Deniers are liars.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40968 Oct 29, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a regional effect, not a global one. Does not negate the effects of global warming.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/...
"The researchers have found strong correlations between weak solar activity and the occurrences of 'blocking'. As the temperature is affected by a weak Sun so the wind's patterns also change and, as the warmer westerly winds fail to arrive, the UK is hit by north-easterlies from the Arctic."

Hmmm... weak solar activity blocking jet stream. No mention of global warming. Could warming come from the sun?

Naaw... that's silly.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40969 Oct 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Jackass.
Level 1

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#40970 Oct 29, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
"The researchers have found strong correlations between weak solar activity and the occurrences of 'blocking'. As the temperature is affected by a weak Sun so the wind's patterns also change and, as the warmer westerly winds fail to arrive, the UK is hit by north-easterlies from the Arctic."
Hmmm... weak solar activity blocking jet stream. No mention of global warming. Could warming come from the sun?
Naaw... that's silly.
What does the author say?
Mike Lockwood so there is absolutely no misunderstanding here - I too am 'vociferous advocate' of (the known science that anthropogenic greenhouse gases causes) global warming!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40971 Oct 29, 2013
What influence will future solar activity changes over the 21st century have on projected global near-surface temperature changes?
Gareth S. Jones
Mike Lockwood
Peter A. Stott

"During the 20th century, solar activity increased in magnitude to a so-called grand maximum. It is probable that this high level of solar activity is at or near its end. It is of great interest whether any future reduction in solar activity could have a significant impact on climate that could partially offset the projected anthropogenic warming. Observations and reconstructions of solar activity over the last 9000 years are used as a constraint on possible future variations to produce probability distributions of total solar irradiance over the next 100 years. Using this information, with a simple climate model..."

A "simple climate model"?

There is such an thing? Seriously?

Sheesh...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40972 Oct 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
(still a) jackass.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#40973 Oct 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the author say?
<quoted text>
Poor old thing can't read for context. Just takes denier blogs as gospil. You will have to explain it to her, really slowly.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40974 Oct 29, 2013
A "simple climate model" is not a literary concept but a coded science term..

'mothy' has no understanding of these things.

“no one told me”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#40975 Oct 29, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Do you always do your #2 first?
Answer: Yes, you do because you learn science from science denier blogs.. LOL.
P.S. Wake up. You are using stale denier material..
Its duly noted your response was just dissembling and blather, typical of religious fanatics/hysterics.

“no one told me”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#40976 Oct 29, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the man from Denver, or is it Florida, plus every other southern state.
Meanwhile around the globe:
LONDON — One of the most powerful storms in Europe in years left at least 13 people dead, hundreds of thousands without power and many stranded on Monday when trains, planes and ferries were canceled after high winds battered the northern part of the Continent.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/29/world/europ...
Move along nothing to see here.
And they've never had a bad storm before, right kangaroo humper?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,173,097
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 min T-REX 491,248
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr Ponderings 96,838
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Miles 70,780
One Word (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 1,936
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 4 hr LizW 17,830
Legit supplier of m-a-rij-uauna,pain n anxiety ... 5 hr dea 2
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News