Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 54002 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#40719 Oct 20, 2013
U R a huge idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Planet has been cooling for 12-15 years.
You are a huge idiot if you believe that.

http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/gistemp/from...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#40720 Oct 20, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a huge idiot if you believe that.
http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/gistemp/from...
He basses a claim for the PLANET (not even specifying the SURFACE)on a graph for AIR temperature (at 2 meters, aka meteorology data). Huge idiot is too kind..
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40721 Oct 20, 2013
futsy wrote:
Is that what warmist do, just cave in.......
We know toxic topix AGW denier brains have caved in, with no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly earned hi skule DEE-ploomaas. We also know 7 toxic topix AGW deniers don't have hi skule DEE-ploomaas.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40722 Oct 20, 2013
pansy popscikle wrote:
Stop Earth warming, Impeach Obama Boo Boo!
toxic topix AGW deniers are re-pubic-lick-uns, disguised as tea party poopers. "pansy popscikle" is crying because re-pubic-lick-uns, even with all the racists in america voting against Obama, still lost......twice.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40723 Oct 20, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
tea bagger taliban
//////////
motheaten muffed
Loon.
////////
litesong wrote:
Good that you see the pure & true tones of the Loon. More truth is that toxic topix AGW deniers have a grand lack of science & mathematics degrees & little science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc for their poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas. Oh yeah, 7 toxic topix AGW deniers have no hi skule DEE-plooomaas, at all.
Real Republican

Hopkinsville, KY

#40724 Oct 20, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
toxic topix AGW deniers are re-pubic-lick-uns, disguised as tea party poopers. "pansy popscikle" is crying because re-pubic-lick-uns, even with all the racists in america voting against Obama, still lost......twice.
You have it backward. The Tea Party is a crazy bunch of anarcho-capitalist / libertarian / Christian fundamentalist theocrats who are masquerading as Republicans. Real Republicans were men like Senator Bob Dole and John Sherman Cooper. To see what kind of statesmen they were, just look up Cooper on Wikipedia.
Anonymous

Saint Augustine, FL

#40725 Oct 20, 2013
wow
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40726 Oct 20, 2013
real re-pubic-lick-un wrote:
The Tea Party is a crazy bunch of anarcho-capitalist / libertarian / Christian fundamentalist theocrats who are masquerading as Republicans.
re-pubic-lick-uns are changing. The increasingly radical re-pubic-lick-un party sends tea partiers out to test american waters, to see what re-pubic-lick-uns can safely incorporate into their busting-up party, which does not represent Americans.
Real Republican

Hopkinsville, KY

#40728 Oct 21, 2013
I'm not educated well enough in science to say whether or not global warming is real. Even if it is not, we are still in trouble because of the ever increasing amount of coal being burned. This report from China could well be the future for the whole world.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013... +(USATODAY+-+News+Top+Stories)
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40730 Oct 21, 2013
real re-pubic-lick-un wrote:
I'm not educated well enough in science .....This report from China could well be the future for the whole world.
Yeah, we know you have no science or mathematics degrees. Probably, you have little science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. We know what you don't know.

As for the Chinese report you make sound like its something new, chinese communists(always small letters) have been heavily polluting their city & landscapes & Chinese citizen organs for many score years, as they dirtily industrialize. With much effort AND without an EPA, chinese communists(always small letters) have been killing themselves with pollution. Initially thought to be 500,000+ chinese per year, later reports have upped the vicious deaths(again, probably conservative) to 1.2 million deaths per year, with little end of death by pollution in sight.

re-pubic-lick-uns, spearheaded by tea partiers, smug about American pollution, fight further regulations for coal, oil, gas, transportation, & electrical energy generation, & voluntarily look away as their own citizens & constituents die of pollution.

Yeah, "real re-pubic-lick-un" plus all his other AGW deniers, can't know anything, without science & mathematics. Its not-so-humble admission of its lack, does not curb AND readily adds to pollution deaths in the world, & in its own country.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#40731 Oct 21, 2013
Real Republican wrote:
This report from China could well be the future for the whole world.
Killer smogs are the PAST (1950's to 1970's) for the rest of the world. China is just 'catching up' and learning the same 'lesson' that we are starting to forget..
Real Republican

Hopkinsville, KY

#40732 Oct 21, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we know you have no science or mathematics degrees. Probably, you have little science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. We know what you don't know.
As for the Chinese report you make sound like its something new, chinese communists(always small letters) have been heavily polluting their city & landscapes & Chinese citizen organs for many score years, as they dirtily industrialize. With much effort AND without an EPA, chinese communists(always small letters) have been killing themselves with pollution. Initially thought to be 500,000+ chinese per year, later reports have upped the vicious deaths(again, probably conservative) to 1.2 million deaths per year, with little end of death by pollution in sight.
re-pubic-lick-uns, spearheaded by tea partiers, smug about American pollution, fight further regulations for coal, oil, gas, transportation, & electrical energy generation, & voluntarily look away as their own citizens & constituents die of pollution.
Yeah, "real re-pubic-lick-un" plus all his other AGW deniers, can't know anything, without science & mathematics. Its not-so-humble admission of its lack, does not curb AND readily adds to pollution deaths in the world, & in its own country.
Damn idiots like you are why the Tea Party was able to take over the GOP. I never said I deny global warming. I said I don't have the science education (I have a MA degree, but not in science) to say. I defer to the scientists who do have the education. But when people like me who try to stand up to the whackos in the Tea Party are attacked by people like you, it cuts the ground right out from under us with the rank and file.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40733 Oct 21, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Killer smogs are the PAST (1950's to 1970's) for the rest of the world. China is just 'catching up' and learning the same 'lesson' that we are starting to forget..
The UN's WHO just published a report on lung cancer caused by this type of pollution. We are not forgetting but observing and analyzing the havoc from fossil fuels.

Another point is to remind China that they were not to repeat the mistakes of the west.. What happened to those promises?

It is late they deliver on their words.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40734 Oct 21, 2013
Real Republican wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

Damn idiots like you are why the Tea Party was able to take over the GOP. I never said I deny global warming. I said I don't have the science education (I have a MA degree, but not in science) to say. I defer to the scientists who do have the education. But when people like me who try to stand up to the whackos in the Tea Party are attacked by people like you, it cuts the ground right out from under us with the rank and file.
Heck.. nothing sacred about the GOP. It has run its course to irrelevance... and demise.
Real Republicans

Hopkinsville, KY

#40735 Oct 21, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Heck.. nothing sacred about the GOP. It has run its course to irrelevance... and demise.
You may be right, but what takes its place might be worse. Imagine a Tea Party as the powerful second party. On the other hand, there may be a new, younger generation of men and women in the mold of John Sherman Cooper who will win the "Civil War" that is going on in the Republican Party and bring it back to the center. That would probably be the best outcome. But for that to happen, the Democrats also have to come toward the center, and work together like Cooper and Hubert Humphrey did.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40736 Oct 21, 2013
litesong wrote:
Yeah, we know you have no science or mathematics degrees....... later reports have upped the vicious deaths(again, probably conservative) to 1.2 million deaths per year, with little end of death by pollution in sight.

////////
"real re-pubic-lick-un" replied:
Damn idiots like you are why the Tea Party was able to take over the GOP....... I defer to the scientists who do have the education. But when people like me who try to stand up to the whackos in the Tea Party are attacked by people like you, it cuts the ground right out from under us with the rank and file.
//////////
litesong wrote:
I am Snohomish Tribe, & remnant of Native Tribes decimated by self-righteous euros & transplanted euros. Swearing at Native Tribes will not save the re-pubic-lick-un party.

Transplanted euros, still chewing on "injuns", are so ravenous, they now feed on themselves, your example being prime. It is not my mission that particular euro & transplanted euro political parties exist. It is time for you to see that your party NEEDS to pass away & surrender its egotism. Rich transplanted (re-pubic-lick-un?) euros will take care of themselves & do not need lower case re-pubic-lick-uns to run political thick-walled interference for them.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40738 Oct 21, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
China is just 'catching up' and learning the same 'lesson'......
///////
SpaceBlues wrote:
......remind China that they were not to repeat.......
/////////
litesong wrote:
Dictators COULD respond faster than democracies to make their countries better........ if dictators had a soul. But they don't.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#40739 Oct 21, 2013
Mothra wrote:
Gore Says U.S. Likely to Beat ‘Inadequate’ Carbon Target
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-18/gore...
Only the brave warmists will read the comments.
btw, notice this aint from FOX News
LOL
Nice article. I hope you read it.

Gore, the man, is not as important as what he says.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#40741 Oct 21, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor, it would seem, are Gore's actions "important".
I read the comments.
Did you?
Well for someone who constantly whines any time any of us bring up Fox news to make a point, your lot seem to be sure obsessed with Al Gore's private life.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40743 Oct 22, 2013
motheaten wrote:
It was BLOOMBERG.......
NOT FOX.
Both are highly regarded edge-of-technology science avenues......specially when Bloomberg shows the Dow Jones & Fox shows bikini clad cheerleaders, simultaneously. "motheaten" is excited by both.... like a moth to flames.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 12 min Mary NY 500,293
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min John Galt 1,252,366
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 50 min Cajun Queen 72,245
Ann Coulter and Donald Trump Are Doing Their Pa... 59 min Culture Auditor 1
two words (Jul '10) 1 hr End Times 27,316
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr The Real Missy 18,270
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Just Roxie 12,171
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages