Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,867)

Showing posts 37,321 - 37,340 of45,604
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39693
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>It is ...
... another post from the global warming hypocrite.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39694
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are a burning fossil fueled hypocrite.
So you finally glommed onto a new word, eh skippy?

I guess even global warming hypocrites caan be taught.

LOL
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39696
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot deny the effects of government policy.
I didn't. But neither do I need to exaggerate them, as you have. Or blame them solely, over other factors.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39697
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, wrong again.
You've picked out Fox News as your favorite boogie man.
Get over it.
Scientists equate globalwarming with human activities with a 95% certainty. That is equivalent with the certainty for tobacco causing health problems. Where do you get your information that this is not so? Some blog?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39698
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot deny the effects of government policy.
Those policies are what makes America great! The private sector would run ramped if it was not for the government policies. Much of those policies are paid for by the private sector influence in Congress. Who can we trust? I'll trust the democratic policies of the USA.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39699
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You're presupposing that it is a crisis in the first place.
But you still post over and over again driving up your own carbon footprint while still demanding others reduce theirs.
Global warming hypocrites are everywhere so you aren't alone.
You might take some solace in that, but it doesn't make you any less a hypocrite.
It is not a crisis today, but that is what we want to protect against. Going around screaming that the scientists are calling global warming a crisis today is disingenuous. Scientist are simply trying to get a handle on future problems caused by adding all that CO2 from burning fossil fuels.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39700
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists equate globalwarming with human activities with a 95% certainty. That is equivalent with the certainty for tobacco causing health problems. Where do you get your information that this is not so? Some blog?
Ya know... I'm sure Fox News is on right now. Why don't your run on over and find out what else you can blame on them.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39701
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Those policies are what makes America great! The private sector would run ramped if it was not for the government policies. Much of those policies are paid for by the private sector influence in Congress. Who can we trust? I'll trust the democratic policies of the USA.
Fox News! Fox News! Fox News!

There... that should make you feel better.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39702
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a crisis today, but that is what we want to protect against. Going around screaming that the scientists are calling global warming a crisis today is disingenuous. Scientist are simply trying to get a handle on future problems caused by adding all that CO2 from burning fossil fuels.
Seriously? You're arguing that overblowing the argument today is for the betterment of the future?

Wow.

When did deceit become a scientific practice?

btw, I said the scientists WEREN'T acting as if it is the CRISIS the warmists say it is.

Neither are the warmists loudest politicians, spokesmen and proponents.

But there are a gaggle of them tearing up the internet and the media as if it is.(Never mind that they take plane trips for their conferences, marches, and conventions gobbling up all kinds of fossil fuels while at the same time lamenting that use of those same fossil fuels are causing the problem in the first place.)

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39703
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? You're arguing that overblowing the argument today is for the betterment of the future?
Wow.
When did deceit become a scientific practice?
btw, I said the scientists WEREN'T acting as if it is the CRISIS the warmists say it is.
Neither are the warmists loudest politicians, spokesmen and proponents.
But there are a gaggle of them tearing up the internet and the media as if it is.(Never mind that they take plane trips for their conferences, marches, and conventions gobbling up all kinds of fossil fuels while at the same time lamenting that use of those same fossil fuels are causing the problem in the first place.)
So, do you agree that it is possible that it will become a crisis in the future? I doubt it, you mostly just deny anything that supports the fact that CO2 levels are a future problem. Most of the frenzy that I see on the internet is from those who deny that global warming is a future problem and pretend that burning fossil fuels is perfectly harmless......

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39704
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News! Fox News! Fox News!
There... that should make you feel better.
Hmmmm...I must have touched a nerve.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39705
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm...I must have touched a nerve.
LOL

Not at all. Just giving you blame target up front.

Happy now?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39706
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News! Fox News! Fox News!
There... that should make you feel better.
You know scientists by their nature are usually introverted so selling a message is not what they are about. There are not too many David Suzuki's in this world. So they have to rely on the honesty of the press to get their message out. On the other hand any commercial interest that wants to defend the status quo can buy any PR machine to do the work for them including right wing bloggers putting out tonnes of misinformation. When it comes to the environment, we either have to put faith in our government or collect from & rely on the public to protect it. It won't come from anywhere else.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39707
Sep 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know scientists by their nature are usually introverted so selling a message is not what they are about. There are not too many David Suzuki's in this world. So they have to rely on the honesty of the press to get their message out. On the other hand any commercial interest that wants to defend the status quo can buy any PR machine to do the work for them including right wing bloggers putting out tonnes of misinformation. When it comes to the environment, we either have to put faith in our government or collect from & rely on the public to protect it. It won't come from anywhere else.
Not just the status quo buys PR machines like Al Gore, who hypes the issue, and makes absurd proclamations.

Your lens needs cleaning.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39708
Sep 24, 2013
 
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
So they have to rely on the honesty of the press to get their message out.
Not a likely outcome when Faux News is the medium.

Rupert Murdock wants to CONTROL the message, not deliver it.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39709
Sep 24, 2013
 
When does a crisis become a crisis? Just when it is recognized?

I could argue that eating tainted food is a crisis for your body from the beginning, but is only recognized as one when you get sick.

Likewise, we could be in a crisis now, but don't recognize it. Someone sounding an alarm now could be considered a fear-monger, and in hindsight, a few years down the road, a visionary.

Dr. Hanson comes to mind.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39710
Sep 24, 2013
 
Wheat will not do well as temperatures increase, as hotter weather will affect growth and the amount of disease the plant has to deal with.

Eating bread with certain fungi in it will induce a crisis in your body, as well; one that could be fatal.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39711
Sep 24, 2013
 
I love my bananas, but an increasing number of extreme weather events, like typhoon Bopha, which destroyed one quarter of the 2012 Philippine crop, will only increase my food costs in the future.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39712
Sep 24, 2013
 
More sweet stuff, like maple syrup yields, is being reduced by warmer winters in the Northeast. Not only is that a rather bitter pill, but the syrup industry, worth about $25 million, is being impacted by climate change.

Nothing to waffle about; I'd hate to see the industry pancake.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39713
Sep 24, 2013
 
I don't do wine, but I understand too much heat makes for a poor quality crop of grapes.

You probably won't be able to stomp out very bad years in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,321 - 37,340 of45,604
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Teaman 1,073,284
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 39 min LizW 483,122
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 55 min LizW 70,391
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr LizW 17,553
Orlando heroin 2 hr dino 20
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 8 hr Doug77 17,043
The alphabet (Jun '06) 9 hr Doug77 1,018
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••