Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
34,561 - 34,580 of 45,839 Comments Last updated 24 min ago
Dont drink the koolaid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
An untruth.
<quoted text>
Status quo would be an invalid term. It is more properly the 'authoritative science' which is hardly a fixed value. Science by real scientists continues to move, hence not a 'status quo' ever.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That is,to say, sounds good to you. Yes. You never let good science come between you and the answer you want.
<quoted text>
Logical? Logic is a way to go wrong with confidence, based on invalid premises and assumptions. Which you seem to 'like'. Reason and data are the only 'truths' and you avoid them.
<quoted text>
Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy when IMPROPER authority is presented as validating a conclusion. That is YOUR line when you like the answer given. Taking the 'Authoritative science' from the actual experts is NOT 'appeal to authority'.
<quoted text>
Pointing out that your 'authorities' are not valid in the climate sciences or are cranks is NOT 'ad hominem' but more 'peer review'.
<quoted text>
If you want an intelligent debate, you are going to have to give up these silly rants and actually select a point TO debate based on valid science. You are probably not up to it. Or at least you have never tried it in the past. But the issue is AGW, not climate change. Do you understand that the global average temperature has an effect on the 'heat engine' that is climate? Nobody knows exactly what that effect will be, but it is definitely disruptive to an economy that is predicated on a steady state. Adaption is EXPENSIVE when billion dollar investments are concerned. So do you want to debate AGW (science)? Even on the SUBJECT, you need to be returned to reason. It cannot augur well for your side in any real debate.
where to begin :-)
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text> where to begin :-)
That is only ONE of your problems.

How about with the atmospheric balance BEFORE AGW? How much do you know?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>we humans create co2 just by living and breathing! I don't intend to support a tax on our rights to do that. I also don't need an agenda to defend that right, dumb azz .
Listen, you pay someone to deal with your crap that comes from other parts of your body. It sure makes sense to pay for the crap that comes out of your mouth. All have a big impact on the environment.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
You're a little blind know-nothing boy sitting in whatever slum you call home.
Its slum home is......'middleofthedownwrongg ully' where its open sewer is.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, imagine a prestigious science journal basically admitting that they were deceptive ,stupid and just plain wrong about their position on AGW .
As they said in the "climate gate" email... will do whatever it takes to prevent such a paper from being published.
It is what climate scientists call their "scientific method".
Good one!

Assuming scientific publications had personalities like yours.

Course, you guys always forget the whistle-blowers and turncoats.

And you'll never admit there's just no good science for your pet project.

Plus, Phil Jones doesn't really look like Satan to you, does he?
Anonymous

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Hyperbranched polyester modified nanoparticles can greatly enhance impregnating varnish performance. propi-onate(HMPA) as filler, using insulating impregnating varnish as matrix to prepare thermal conductivity impregnating varnish to study its performance. Get the following conclusions:(a) hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles can effectively improve the dispersion performance and interface compatibility of the particles in the varnish, when the particles filling amount is 20%, hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles can still evenly dispersed in the varnish, almost invisible agglomeration, while the particles without modification have serious agglomeration.(2) varnish filled with hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles, its impact strength, thermal conductivity is significantly improved. When the filliUsing Al2O3 nano-particles modiffied by aliphatic hyperbranched polydihydroxytoluene ng amount is 20%, varnish filled with hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles reaches maximum impact properties which are 4.96 times than non filled. When the filler content is 25% and filled with hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles, impregnating varnish thermal conductivity reaches the maximum which is 1.82 times than non filled.(3)composite volume resistivity is increased if filling with hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles , but increased slightly, keep within an order of magnitude, the varnish is still able to maintain good electrical insulation. Weihai CY Dendrimer Technology Co. Ltd forwards from "Study of Impregnating Varnish Modified with Hyperbranched Al2O3 Nanoparticles" Fu JiFang a, b, Xiao Yinglin a, Chen Yi a, b, Shi Liyi a, b, Chen Liya a, Zhong Qingdong a, b (a. Nano-Science and Technology Research Center of Shanghai University ; b. School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai University, Shanghai 200072) Insulation Materials, 2011, 44 (2), 4-8
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>we humans create co2 just by living and breathing! I don't intend to support a tax on our rights to do that. I also don't need an agenda to defend that right, dumb azz .
AAIIIIIiiiii! Big Brother will tax the very air I breathe! I DIE! AAAaaaiiiii!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Neal Caffrey wrote:
Hyperbranched polyester modified nanoparticles can greatly enhance impregnating varnish performance. propi-onate(HMPA) as filler, using insulating impregnating varnish as matrix to prepare thermal conductivity impregnating varnish to study its performance. Get the following conclusions:(a) hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles can effectively improve the dispersion performance and interface compatibility of the particles in the varnish, when the particles filling amount is 20%, hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles can still evenly dispersed in the varnish, almost invisible agglomeration, while the particles without modification have serious agglomeration.(2) varnish filled with hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles, its impact strength, thermal conductivity is significantly improved. When the filliUsing Al2O3 nano-particles modiffied by aliphatic hyperbranched polydihydroxytoluene ng amount is 20%, varnish filled with hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles reaches maximum impact properties which are 4.96 times than non filled. When the filler content is 25% and filled with hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles, impregnating varnish thermal conductivity reaches the maximum which is 1.82 times than non filled.(3)composite volume resistivity is increased if filling with hyperfunctional Al2O3 nanoparticles , but increased slightly, keep within an order of magnitude, the varnish is still able to maintain good electrical insulation. Weihai CY Dendrimer Technology Co. Ltd forwards from "Study of Impregnating Varnish Modified with Hyperbranched Al2O3 Nanoparticles" Fu JiFang a, b, Xiao Yinglin a, Chen Yi a, b, Shi Liyi a, b, Chen Liya a, Zhong Qingdong a, b (a. Nano-Science and Technology Research Center of Shanghai University ; b. School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai University, Shanghai 200072) Insulation Materials, 2011, 44 (2), 4-8
I'm gonna remember that.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
Stunningly stupid strawman there, Skippy...LOL

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

The fact that CO2 is a byproduct of metabolism makes it different from industrial pollutants. We need CO2 to survive too.

Strawman or biology?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
The fact that CO2 is a byproduct of metabolism makes it different from industrial pollutants. We need CO2 to survive too.
Strawman or biology?
A strawman, since no one's saying that human exhalation is a major cause of warming or that it should be 'regulated' in some way, as the previous poster suggested.

Nice to see you trying to make a distinction between strawmen and biology though, Brainless, FWIW...:)
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only ONE of your problems.
How about with the atmospheric balance BEFORE AGW? How much do you know?
Oh, prior to 1850 (AGW)?

IMO, it has been improving during the last 12000 years.

Why might you ask?

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Stunningly stupid strawman there, Skippy...LOL
it's no strwman, son. that was a factual statement. i know facts are lost on you and your crowd.....but feel free to refute what i posted! knock yourself out, little adolf, by all means!!!

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, you pay someone to deal with your crap that comes from other parts of your body. It sure makes sense to pay for the crap that comes out of your mouth. All have a big impact on the environment.
i deal with my own "shyt"....maybe your crowd should stop demanding we pick up the tab for your crap.

climate change is a hoax. even barry knows it. you're backing the wrong horse....again. this absurd 'theory' couldn't live longer than the facts that finally exposed it.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
AAIIIIIiiiii! Big Brother will tax the very air I breathe! I DIE! AAAaaaiiiii!
LOL....i don't pretend big brother will tax me to death, but you should stop thinking big brother will protest you at every turn......even if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, punk.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

protect....not protest.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Yeah right, we need to protest like the other countries. But we are tired, confused by the milk choices in the market, worried about fires and floods, etc etc...
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL....i don't pretend big brother will tax me to death, but you should stop thinking big brother will protest you at every turn......even if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, punk.
Hard to organize those thoughts, huh, kid?

You're the one who said something about taxing your right to breathe.

Can you make up your mind?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
protect....not protest.
Well China is moving towards emissions trading so they must be in on the hoax as well. Seems to me, the deniers are getting slowly but surely boxed in with no where to go.

As I have always said, had the US had the smarts to sign the Kyoto agreement it would be in the box seat right now. Not allowing China to play catch up and put the US further at economic disadvantage.
You can blame the GFC in 2008 and the fossil lobbying for that.
But in this game, timing is not when it suits but when there is no other choice.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/18/us-...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>it's no strwman, son. that was a factual statement. i know facts are lost on you and your crowd.....but feel free to refute what i posted! knock yourself out, little adolf, by all means!!!
No, it was a strawman, like I said, putz. And I don't bother going around "refuting" strawmen. They're fallacies to start with.

F--- off, Nazi-lover.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,082,282
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 7 min anna 70,403
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 41 min EXECUTE KID KILLERS 484,272
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 4 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 158
Healthy & GOT c@ndomz ready?maybe you really ne... 4 hr deepkuhratcha 1
snapchat 5 hr kj369d 4
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 9 hr zazz 96,318
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs