Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63373 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36229 Jun 3, 2013
[QUOTE who="ri tedownthemiddle"...]there is no consensus ...[/QUOTE]

Didn't you earlier admit that there was? Or was that your butt buddy, Lyin' Brian?
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36230 Jun 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>there is no consensus
The truth:

http://bcove.me/c1li8rcl
Teddy R

Reston, VA

#36231 Jun 4, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text> my real point - that CO2 being plant food is RETARDED as an argument
Uncool.

http://www.r-word.org/

Clean up your act, please.
Retired Farmer

Paducah, KY

#36232 Jun 4, 2013
Solar technology proven to work.

Solar Impulse plane arrives in St. Louis after a 21 plus hour flight from Dallas.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/solar-impul...

If it can do this in an experimental airplane, what can it do if we really get serious about applying it to a house - which is the biggest energy user.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#36234 Jun 4, 2013
Bruce De Pedofile wrote:
I'm a typical Denier liar. You don't even know what a freak I am these days. As a pedophile, why would I even care as long as I have the neighbor's boy's pants down?
You'll care when the good police officers show up and give you a baton lesson, weirdo. If only I could be there to help them!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#36235 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>why? because KYLE says so?
nice try.
fail
game over.
thanks for trying.
It's as good as any reasons YOU'VE ever provided, troll. And he happens to be CORRECT, unlike you.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#36236 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if anyone is in denial, KYLE, it's you.
co2 IS plant food.....that's a fact.
i don't argue with science....i argue with your crowds perverted interpretation, abuse, and misrepresentation of studies. you have no conclusive evidence of any of your predictions.....so have the nads to admit it, sport.
there is no consensus to your assumptions and delusions, son.
so stop lying.
He basically said "C02 as plant food is a ridiculous argument against science," which is absolutely true. NOwhere did he say it wasn't plant food, of course.

Which makes YOU the liar, to no one's surprise, troll..:)

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#36237 Jun 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
He basically said "C02 as plant food is a ridiculous argument against science," which is absolutely true. NOwhere did he say it wasn't plant food, of course.
Which makes YOU the liar, to no one's surprise, troll..:)
if anyone's lying, aside from you, it's kyle. he insists the recent tornadoes are connected to man made co2.

co2 is plant food. life couldn't survive without it.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36238 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if anyone's lying, aside from you, it's kyle. he insists the recent tornadoes are connected to man made co2.
BALD-FACED LIE.

Retract it or link to it. Or continue to discredit denier scum by your transparent contempt for the truth.
SpaceBlues

United States

#36239 Jun 4, 2013

NORMAN, Okla.(AP)— The deadly tornado that struck near Oklahoma City late last week had a record-breaking width of 2.6 miles and was the second top-of-the-scale EF5 twister to hit the area in less than two weeks, the National Weather Service reported Tuesday.

The weather service initially rated the Friday tornado that hit El Reno as an EF3. But the agency upgraded the ranking after surveying damage from the twister, which along with subsequent flooding killed 18 people. The weather service determined that the storm packed winds reaching 295 mph.

The update means the Oklahoma City area has seen two of the extremely rare EF5 tornadoes in only 11 days. The other hit Moore, a city about 25 miles away from El Reno, on May 20, killing 24 people and causing widespread damage.

But Friday's massive tornado avoided the highly populated areas near and around Oklahoma City, and forecasters said that likely saved lives. When the winds were at their most powerful, no structures were nearby, said Rick Smith, chief warning coordination meteorologist for the weather service's office in Norman.

"Any house would have been completely swept clean on the foundation. That's just my speculation," Smith said. "We're looking at extremes ... in the rare EF5 category. This in the super rare category because we don't deal with things like this often."

The EF5 storm that hit Moore decimated neighborhoods. In Friday's storm, many of the deaths were caused by heavy flash flooding following the storms. Three storm chasers died in that storm.

Smith said the storm's 2.6-mile path — besting a record set in 2004 in Hallam, Neb.— would have made the storm hard to recognize up close.

"A two and a half mile wide tornado would not look like a tornado to a lot of people," Smith said.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#36240 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if anyone's lying, aside from you, it's kyle. he insists the recent tornadoes are connected to man made co2.
co2 is plant food. life couldn't survive without it.
Get some fish...you need some brain food. You won't survive without it.:)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#36241 Jun 4, 2013
It still doesn't matter to the deniers, Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Wider. Its all part of the natural cycle that man has had no influence on at all.
However those farmers cropping America's food bowl who would normally expect 5 good years in every 7 for their crops might think different. Now they plant seed annually and hope it doesn't turn to dust or drown under 3ft of water. Not to mention all the other damage along the way with extreme weather on infrastructure and its social impact on rural communities.

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/impacts-adap...
SpaceBlues

United States

#36242 Jun 4, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
It still doesn't matter to the deniers, Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Wider. Its all part of the natural cycle that man has had no influence on at all.
However those farmers cropping America's food bowl who would normally expect 5 good years in every 7 for their crops might think different. Now they plant seed annually and hope it doesn't turn to dust or drown under 3ft of water. Not to mention all the other damage along the way with extreme weather on infrastructure and its social impact on rural communities.
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/impacts-adap...
Because -
SpaceBlues wrote:
Deniers rely on broken records. They also hide until the coast is clear.
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
lyin' brian is a broken record.
There's no experimental evidence... a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms... each additional molecule of CO2 has less effect than the previous...crackle... There's no experimental evidence... a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms... each additional molecule of CO2 has less effect than the previous...crackle... There's no experimental evidence... a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms... each additional molecule of CO2 has less effect than the previous...crackle... There's no experimental evidence... a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms... each additional molecule of CO2 has less effect than the previous...crackle... There's no experimental evidence... a cold can of soda will release more CO2 as it warms... each additional molecule of CO2 has less effect than the previous...crackle...
That's all, folks.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#36243 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if anyone is in denial, KYLE, it's you.
co2 IS plant food.....that's a fact.
i don't argue with science....i argue with your crowds perverted interpretation, abuse, and misrepresentation of studies. you have no conclusive evidence of any of your predictions.....so have the nads to admit it, sport.
there is no consensus to your assumptions and delusions, son.
so stop lying.
CO2 is more than plant food. It's those other things that make it hazardous to life.

Show us some evidence that all the effects of CO2 are good. All of them.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#36244 Jun 4, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
CO2 is more than plant food. It's those other things that make it hazardous to life.
show me the study that man made c02 will cause climate change, son!

it's your theory.

where is the study....where is the evidence that mitigating it will do anything?

can you show me.....what mitigation will do....good or bad?

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#36245 Jun 4, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
can you show me the study that gives evidence that man made co2 causes tornadoes?

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#36246 Jun 4, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
can you show me the tipping point of man made co2......oh, we already crossed that one twice, correct?

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#36247 Jun 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some fish...you need some brain food. You won't survive without it.:)
:).....i'm glad you posted that instead of me. you're really sharp, aren't you, son?

lol

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#36248 Jun 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Because -
<quoted text>
<quoted text>That's all, folks.
just in case you wonder why people ignore you......maybe it's because you prefer talking to yourself.

at least you get the answers you need when doing so, huh, son?
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#36249 Jun 4, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>show me the study that man made c02 will cause climate change, son!
it's your theory.
where is the study....where is the evidence that mitigating it will do anything?
can you show me.....what mitigation will do....good or bad?
This a-hole deserves no responses. Don't bother. He's a pathological liar and a troll that repeats proven lies endlessly, never acknowledges refutations, and refuses to support his claims or retract them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Teaman 1,497,726
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 8,007
News Hallmark Delivers a 'Christmas Card' (Nov '07) 3 hr Sarah 2nd Grade 86
two words (Jul '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 28,026
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 12,844
3 word game (Jan '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 14,146
"word game" six word sentence (last letters) 4 hr Princess Hey 84

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages