Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
33,721 - 33,740 of 46,246 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>hey, ask that of the other poster!!! LOL i'm about the only person here who questions the wisdom that these people seem hell bent and 100% certain that their way is the only way to deal with the environment and "climate change". when i don't seem so willing to join the cult.....it is i who was called a teabagger, petroleum paid shill, gop white guy...blah blah blah.
i'm independent. i think for myself. these people readily admitted who they are and why they support their beliefs. EVEN THOUGH THEY CAN'T BACK UP THEIR CLAIMS! it's hysterical.:-D
Back off hayseed!

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Can anyone convince me that science in the last 28 years of CO2 research has ever said thier crisis "WILL" happen, not just "might" happen?
28 years of science saying only "maybe" proves it "won't be" a crisis.
Deny that!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>To mememe:

Sadly, I think you're correct in this assessment. I wish it weren't so....but it probably is the case. What else could rational people conclude?
LOL. mememe is irrational liar like you.

<mini minds met and approved each other>
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

mememine69 wrote:
Can anyone convince me that science in the last 28 years of CO2 research has ever said thier crisis "WILL" happen, not just "might" happen?
Deny that!
Hey it is happening as you deny it is happening. That's why you are called a denier.

Duh..

Get over your self-importance that science will answer to your whims. Nobody knows even your real name, silly goose.

Have a nice day in Canada. Perhaps you should sign up like your countrymen for a suicide mission to Mars.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>To the nutsy:

Back off hayseed!
You are right.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>just your county, I crooked letter crooked letter I.....?
dumb shit.
bwahahahahahahahahahaha
Nutsy!

Or is it nutsey? Notsi?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>just your county, creten.
jasper county...in good ole mississipp!
the county that has the most gas and oil in your incredibly obese welfare sucking state.
the same hayseed county that has the cheapest board of supervisors per favor.
the place where the closest thing to a nordstrom's is a fuquing dollar general.
and lastly....creten is the proper spelling of the word for those who actually know and understand the derivation of the term, son. don't ever try to give me spelling lesson, hickboy. LOL
say....kan ewe spail M I crooked letter crooked letter I.....?
dumb shit.
bwahahahahahahahahahaha
I don't know much about Jasper County, since I'm not from there.

But Mississippi, I know well. It's the home of some of the world's most famous writers, musicians, and innovators.

Like Dr. Leslie Rush, of Rush Hospital in Meridian, Mississippi, performed the first bone pinning in the United States. The "Rush Pin" is still in use. Or Dr. James D. Hardy of the University of Mississippi Medical Center, who performed the first human lung transplant in Jackson, Mississippi. In 1964, Dr. Hardy performed the first heart transplant, transplanting the heart of a chimpanzee into a human, where it beat for 90 minutes. Or researchers at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, who discovered a functional cure for HIV/AIDS in infants.

Then there's other little facts that further make you sound stupid with your misspelled "creten" remark, like the annual International Ballet Competition and NASA's rocket engine test facility.

I think you're the dumb shit.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO@U
i had to read this again......i thought you were actually admitting this about climate at first glance!!:-D
btw....where's the OWS?
That you have reading comprehension problems, or make irrelevant comments, is not surprising. You're pretty much totally worthless as a poster here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

mememine69 wrote:
Deny that!
Can you convince us you have even AVERAGE intelligence, ability to reason, and sincere interest in the subject? Because you appear to be a silly, repetitive troll along the lines of Brainless_G.

And yes, I DO deny your utterly stupid claim about science.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>just your county, creten.
jasper county...in good ole mississipp!
the county that has the most gas and oil in your incredibly obese welfare sucking state.
the same hayseed county that has the cheapest board of supervisors per favor.
the place where the closest thing to a nordstrom's is a fuquing dollar general.
and lastly....creten is the proper spelling of the word for those who actually know and understand the derivation of the term, son. don't ever try to give me spelling lesson, hickboy. LOL
say....kan ewe spail M I crooked letter crooked letter I.....?
dumb shit.
bwahahahahahahahahahaha
You're not only childishly abusive as usual, mocking Mississippi and its inhabitants for no particular reason other than a false sense of superiority, but you're arrogantly WRONG (the best kind!) about spelling, too.

'Cretan' is the proper spelling of an inhabitant of Crete.

'Cretin' is the proper spelling of a word meaning 'imbecile.'

'Creten' is not a word.

I suggest we apply the SECOND spelling to you...:)
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

MAJURO, Marshall Islands (AP) About 6,000 people who live on the remote northern atolls of the Marshall Islands are facing acute water shortages as a severe drought worsens.

The Pacific island nation this week declared a state of disaster in the north. Australia announced it would provide 100,000 Australian dollars ($101,000) for the emergency supply of desalination units.

There is no end in sight to the drought, with fine weather forecast for at least the next 10 days. The drought has also affected the food supply, withering crops such as breadfruit, bananas and taro.

National Disaster Committee chairman Casten Nemra says many families are surviving on a gallon of water a day and the situation is becoming "increasingly desperate." He says they've deployed ships carrying food, water and medical supplies to the affected islands.
Retired Farmer

Kuttawa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

News from the BBC:

"Daily measurements of CO2 at a US government agency lab on Hawaii have topped 400 parts per million for the first time.... The last time CO2 was regularly above 400ppm was three to five million years ago - before modern humans existed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

In 1960 it was about 305 ppm.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

You climate cowards like to watch the world burn!

You remaining climate blame believers are cold hearted fear mongers who bully our own children to the greenhouse gas ovens of an exaggerated crisis. Climate change belief was a pure war crime that put billions of helpless children through 28 years of needless panic and the only crisis you fear mongers have to worry about is how your grandkids will explain how you condemned them so easily and with such sickening childish glee. "I see the signs of change" "The change cannot be denied."
Grow up because climate blame was the left's Iraq War without a real enemy and history is watching your Reefer Madness of climate blame belief.
Get up to date losers; Occupywallstreet now does not even mention CO2 in its list of demands because of the bank-funded and corporate run carbon trading stock markets ruled by politicians.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

mememine69 wrote:
You climate cowards like to watch the world burn!
You remaining climate blame believers are cold hearted fear mongers who bully our own children to the greenhouse gas ovens of an exaggerated crisis...EDITED....
You're an utter LUNATIC. In fact it's DENIERS like you who are "watching the world burn" while denying the scientific FACT of warming - and then, in your case at least, raving lunatic gibberish about our "children" and "gas ovens."

GET HELP. You need it...
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
MAJURO, Marshall Islands (AP) About 6,000 people who live on the remote northern atolls of the Marshall Islands are facing acute water shortages as a severe drought worsens.
The Pacific island nation this week declared a state of disaster in the north. Australia announced it would provide 100,000 Australian dollars ($101,000) for the emergency supply of desalination units.
There is no end in sight to the drought, with fine weather forecast for at least the next 10 days. The drought has also affected the food supply, withering crops such as breadfruit, bananas and taro.
National Disaster Committee chairman Casten Nemra says many families are surviving on a gallon of water a day and the situation is becoming "increasingly desperate." He says they've deployed ships carrying food, water and medical supplies to the affected islands.
This is just another example of the effects of Catastrophic Climate Change Caused by Man.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

mememine69 wrote:
Deny that!
Has it ever occurred to you why the Dinosaurs are not still around. Science still can't agree on the cause of their extinction. Yet both sides of the camp agree it was caused by a massive climate change on the planet. Either by a big ass rock coming in from outer space or volcanic activity. There is still NO definitive answer.
So the only thing that can be agreed on that somehow their habitat for survival was destroyed and the reset button was pushed.

But the fact remains, they are not here now and all the science of today is warning us if we want to remain in our comfort zone for generations to come then we need to change course or we head for the same sort of outcome. Just because its a message you can't comprehend or don't want to hear doesn't change its context. Whats worse making those changes would not harm us in anyway even if by some remote chance the predictions turned out to be false. It would place value in the habitat in which we live and not the value gained by destroying it. How does that not make sense ?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

mememine69 wrote:
Deny that!
Lucky you. Here's Al Gore:

400 ppm May 10, 2013 : 10:25 AM

Yesterday, for the first time in human history, concentrations of carbon dioxide, the primary global warming pollutant, hit 400 parts per million in our planet's atmosphere. This number is a reminder that for the last 150 years -- and especially over the last several decades -- we have been recklessly polluting the protective sheath of atmosphere that surrounds the Earth and protects the conditions that have fostered the flourishing of our civilization. We are altering the composition of our atmosphere at an unprecedented rate. Indeed, every single day we pour an additional 90 million tons of global warming pollution into the sky as if it were an open sewer. As the distinguished climate scientist Jim Hansen has calculated, the accumulated manmade global warming pollution in the atmosphere now traps enough extra heat energy each day to equal the energy that would be released by 400,000 Hiroshima-scale atomic bombs exploding every single day. It's a big planet -- but that is a LOT of energy. And it is having a destructive effect.

Now, more than ever before, we are reaping the consequences of our recklessness. From Superstorm Sandy which crippled New York City and large areas of New Jersey, to a drought which parched more than half of our nation; from a flood that inundated large swaths of Australia to rising seas affecting millions around the world, the reality of the climate crisis is upon us.

Our food systems, our cities, our people and our very way of life developed within a stable range of climatic conditions on Earth. Without immediate and decisive action, these favorable conditions on Earth could become a memory if we continue to make the climate crisis worse day after day after day.

With any great challenge comes great opportunity. We have the rare privilege to rise to an occasion of global magnitude. To do so, our communities, our businesses, our universities, and our governments need to work in harmony to stop the climate crisis. We must summon the very best of the human spirit and draw on our courage, our ingenuity, our intellect, and our determination to confront this crisis. Make no mistake, this crisis will demand no less than our very best. I am optimistic because we have risen to meet the greatest challenges of our past.

So please, take this day and the milestone it represents to reflect on the fragility of our civilization and and the planetary ecosystem on which it depends. Rededicate yourself to the task of saving our future. Talk to your neighbors, call your legislator, let your voice be heard. We must take immediate action to solve this crisis. Not tomorrow, not next week, not next year. Now.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Solar required on new construction.

http://thebea.st/10obIB8

I can remember hearing about the long arm of the government mandating toilets and grounded electrical plugs. How'd that work out for us?

Pretty damn good!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
You are a liar. You've lied yet again.
I challenge you to show my misreading. I invite anyone to review the record.
Here's a google search of Topix for your review:
https://www.google.com/search...

That's a long URL, here's the tiny version: http://tinyurl.com/cjrnpc9

gcaveman1 wrote:
Sometimes I forget a password, but I have a dozen, most very secure, in case you're planning thief to you resume'.
Daddy always said "A man that'll lie will steal."
I'm sorry you forgot your password.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Scientists are calling on world leaders to take action on climate change after carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere broke through a symbolic threshold.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info