Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,635)

Showing posts 32,681 - 32,700 of45,466
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Another day passes without an experiment showing climate change mitigation or man made global warming. That brings their total experimental record up to ... zero.

When will you learn? Don't buy a pig in a poke, I thought you learned that in Kindergarten.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Another day passes without an experiment showing climate change mitigation or man made global warming. That brings their total experimental record up to ... zero.
When will you learn? Don't buy a pig in a poke, I thought you learned that in Kindergarten.
Science is not telling you!

Give it up.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Science is not telling you! Give it up.
Ever notice how global warming alarmists are internet bullies who like telling you what to do?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Ever notice how global warming alarmists are internet bullies who like telling you what to do?
Glad you brought up "bullies."

You are well-documented for serious bully action. Have you forgotten? Topix deleted some of them, I understand.

Yet, you find bullying in: "Science is not telling you. Give it up."

Read your ilk's posts still ongoing with ph'd. What a bully!

P.S. I call it ph'd because I know it's not a PhD like yourself aren't.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Glad you brought up "bullies."
You are well-documented for serious bully action. Have you forgotten? Topix deleted some of them, I understand.
SpaceBlues....... You got a long long memory....... almost as long as mine. Only 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' is more than a bully. It is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener, some of which are prosecutable crimes. That is why 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' complained about its own posts & got toxic topix to delete its posts...... to make evidence of its crimes harder to ascertain for a trial....... a common tactic of toxic topix AGW deniers.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Your (ONE) idea (that you keep posting over & over & over again) is just silly, Brian. I left a similar analogy on another thread, but here it is again:

It's like you're staying in an unfamiliar house, & the furnace is staying on, raising the temperature to uncomfortable levels. You don't know where the thermostat is but you're not even going to look for it. You're just going to "adapt" to the higher temps in the house.

Then you come here & say "the thermostat is a hoax, there's NO way to turn the furnace down."

Yes, Brian_G, the house really might not have a working thermostat, or the furnace could be controlled from somewhere you don't have access to. But YOU DIDN'T EVEN LOOK for that thermostat, let alone TRY to turn it down. How can you possibly say it's a hoax?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
You are in the experiment now and are too STOOPID to realize it!
Clayton Leon Winton

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Arne Marco wrote:
What we normally forget when talking about the amount of CO2, is the significance it has for the human (and other creatures) health. Above 425 ppm in the atmossphere the healthproblems will become more servere, because the blood will slowly be more acid. This will affect bloodpressure etc.
BTW: President Johnson was informed in 1965 about the dangers in increasing the amount of CO2.
This TopicThread went 'adrift', and I'm not reading 32,000 posts of it. lol

Firstly, Global Warming Theory has become TheoryWorship. That is not a 'good thing,' as it leads to hatefully punishing 'non-believers,' and that is not what 'science' is about.

A theory is called a "theory" because all conclusive facts are unknown, otherwise it's another belief-stystem, a religion. That's why we call theories "theories."

That said, Global Warming Theory is interesting because there is a known solution. It's the only theory that has a known solution.

Unfortunately, that solution is so far advanced, technologically, that it sounds like science-fiction. Getting to the point where we may enact the known-solution, and surviving until then, is the real challenge, the real topic, the real issue.

It's all about climate-modification, and choosing which species to let go extinct before we do.

So there is a significant moral-element involved, cultural, ethical, religious, traditionalist, all of it.

One example: the shark species. Just one shark eats in a single day, an entire fish harvest for families. Why should we let it continue? It is immoral to put the 'life' of shark over that of human family. But some people will chain themselves to fishing-boats in their zealotry, faking "environmentalisms."

There are other beasts which consume that which feeds the world, our world, humans.

We must choose extinction for some, or us/humans.

We've done this with the buffalo, because, at the time, with technology as it was, and no infrustructure, tens-of-thousands in herds would leave nothing but mud in their wake. That's our crops. That's our homes. That's our survival they destroyed just existing. It's an animal, or us.

There are many examples. Deadly disease, and so much more. Do we worship the pests that eat our crops? Of course not. Our crops, us, is the only importance. Kill the bugs. period.

In order to survive until we can control climate, we must make hard choices, and nobody will have 'blind-faith' in any choice. But we must face that reality, kicking-and-screaming if we must.

As tp the climate modifications we must make to ensure our own species' survival, we already know what to do, but we don't have the infrustructure nor technology to enact it. YET.

See, we have millions of tons of "space debris", mostly water, hitting the planet daily, adding to the overall mass. There is actually too much water now, we must uplift it, some of it, to reclaim the lands we need, that we lost, that are ours. The greater the mass, the greater the gravity (so there is urgency in technological advancement). That makes a denser atmospher, greater more powerful storms, more errossion of the continents into the bottom of the oceans, raising sea-levels, which means greater storm surge, which means costly deaths, destruction, floodings, and after every flood is infestations and various diseases plaguing us.

We need to re-balance the planet, but that doesn't mean 'population control' of us, as the faux "environmentalists" proclaim (echoeing the words of Hitler in so doing, in their zealotry). It's now about ONE THING: a 'waiting game,' to wait-out advances in technology, which is the necessity, the moral mandate to choose extinction, before extinction chooses us.

Kind Regards, always,
Clayton Leon Winton

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Ever notice how global warming alarmists are internet bullies who like telling you what to do?
Yep! Sure have. Just another wing of the progressive party.
The Primitive Cottage

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Please take a look at our web site for country decor and post on here what you think we should change or add to our site. How you think our prices are and if you would buy from us. Thank you so much and have a good day. www.theprimitivecottage.com

Register on our site or like us on face book at http://tinyurl.com/cgya3hc to receive a 10% off coupon!
Free shipping on orders of 100 dollars or more!
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you brought up "bullies."
Yet, you find bullying in: "Science is not telling you. Give it up."
Read your ilk's posts still ongoing with ph'd. What a bully!
P.S. I call it ph'd because I know it's not a PhD like yourself aren't.
Yes youíre called spacedoutblues because youíre always spaced-out. Put down that funny stuff your smoking you canít afford to lose that last brain cell. You label anyone a bully that refuses to succumb to your scientific science fiction B.S. Go away youíve been dismissed years ago.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Clayton Leon Winton wrote:
<quoted text>
This TopicThread went 'adrift', and I'm not reading 32,000 posts of it. lol
Firstly, Global Warming Theory has become TheoryWorship. That is not a 'good thing,' as it leads to hatefully punishing 'non-believers,' and that is not what 'science' is about.
A theory is called a "theory" because all conclusive facts are unknown, otherwise it's another belief-stystem, a religion. That's why we call theories "theories."
That said, Global Warming Theory is interesting because there is a known solution. It's the only theory that has a known solution.
Unfortunately, that solution is so far advanced, technologically, that it sounds like science-fiction. Getting to the point where we may enact the known-solution, and surviving until then, is the real challenge, the real topic, the real issue.
It's all about climate-modification, and choosing which species to let go extinct before we do.
So there is a significant moral-element involved, cultural, ethical, religious, traditionalist, all of it.
One example: the shark species. Just one shark eats in a single day, an entire fish harvest for families. Why should we let it continue? It is immoral to put the 'life' of shark over that of human family. But some people will chain themselves to fishing-boats in their zealotry, faking "environmentalisms."
There are other beasts which consume that which feeds the world, our world, humans.
We must choose extinction for some, or us/humans.
We've done this with the buffalo, because, at the time, with technology as it was, and no infrustructure, tens-of-thousands in herds would leave nothing but mud in their wake. That's our crops. That's our homes. That's our survival they destroyed just existing. It's an animal, or us.
There are many examples. Deadly disease, and so much more. Do we worship the pests that eat our crops? Of course not. Our crops, us, is the only importance. Kill the bugs. period.
In order to survive until we can control climate, we must make hard choices, and nobody will have 'blind-faith' in any choice. But we must face that reality, kicking-and-screaming if we must.
As tp the climate modifications we must make to ensure our own species' survival, we already know what to do, but we don't have the infrustructure nor technology to enact it. YET.
See, we have millions of tons of "space debris", mostly water, hitting the planet daily, adding to the overall mass. There is actually too much water now, we must uplift it, some of it, to reclaim the lands we need, that we lost, that are ours. The greater the mass, the greater the gravity (so there is urgency in technological advancement). That makes a denser atmospher, greater more powerful storms, more errossion of the continents into the bottom of the oceans, raising sea-levels, which means greater storm surge, which means costly deaths, destruction, floodings, and after every flood is infestations and various diseases plaguing us.
We need to re-balance the planet, but that doesn't mean 'population control' of us, as the faux "environmentalists" proclaim (echoeing the words of Hitler in so doing, in their zealotry). It's now about ONE THING: a 'waiting game,' to wait-out advances in technology, which is the necessity, the moral mandate to choose extinction, before extinction chooses us.
Kind Regards, always,
Clayton Leon Winton
You wrote, "A theory is called a "theory" because all conclusive facts are unknown, "
Unfortunately, you have no concept of what a scientific theory consists of.
http://www.reference.com/browse/scientific%20...

Btw, The Earth adds an estimated one quadrillionth of one percent to its weight each day. Not much to worry about.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote, "A theory is called a "theory" because all conclusive facts are unknown, "
Unfortunately, you have no concept of what a scientific theory consists of.
http://www.reference.com/browse/scientific%20...
Btw, The Earth adds an estimated one quadrillionth of one percent to its weight each day. Not much to worry about.
We can usually identify ignorance with only a little evidence. Of course, as a denier, he flooded us with it.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Patriot, I feel it is important to print the actual words, so if you'll excuse me...

>>>>>>>
The word theory has many distinct meanings in different fields of knowledge, depending on their methodologies and the context of discussion.

In science a theory is a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise verified through empirical observation. For the scientist, "theory" is not in any way an antonym of "fact". For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theories commonly used to describe and explain this behavior are Newton's theory of universal gravitation (see also gravitation), and the general theory of relativity.

<<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <
So Brain g would throw out Newton and Einstein?

Teener thinks Newton and Einstein is a beer.

PHD is spilling his Milwaukee's Best on the keyboard, and drooling in his shoe....

and Gord/SuxObama, has gone back in to have his dosages adjusted....

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

gcaveman1 wrote:
Patriot, I feel it is important to print the actual words, so if you'll excuse me...
>>>>>>>
The word theory has many distinct meanings in different fields of knowledge, depending on their methodologies and the context of discussion.
In science a theory is a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise verified through empirical observation. For the scientist, "theory" is not in any way an antonym of "fact". For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theories commonly used to describe and explain this behavior are Newton's theory of universal gravitation (see also gravitation), and the general theory of relativity.
<<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <
So Brain g would throw out Newton and Einstein?
Teener thinks Newton and Einstein is a beer.
PHD is spilling his Milwaukee's Best on the keyboard, and drooling in his shoe....
and Gord/SuxObama, has gone back in to have his dosages adjusted....
And Big_Goof thinks Newton put the fig in the cookie.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
...So Brain g would throw out Newton and Einstein?...
Newton's and Einstein's theories have been experimentally demonstrated, there are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation or man made global climate change.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Newton's and Einstein's theories have been experimentally demonstrated, there are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation or man made global climate change.
Re-read it, Brain.

In science a theory is a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment OR OTHERWISE VERIFIED THROUGH EMPIRICAL OBSERVATION.

As you've been advised before, stop digging and the hole won't get any deeper. It's called logic.

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

SFV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You really really need to seek some mental help. Well one thing for sure I am functioning more than anyone could say for you. Have you always been a less-on or did you mutate into one?
Can you prove it was a rock?
I would say I won this debate but really you lost it for yourself. Didn't have to even show up.

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

SFV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

http://www.wunderground.com/news/when-will-20...

The Weather Channel people have no idea what they are saying. You internet experts on climate CHANGE are by far more knowledgeable. You have researched this subject for years and have come to the conclusion that the Earth is flat. Chevron will tell you what you want to know about climate change and you will believe it. Most of you functioning morons live in the Bible/Tornado Belt. I hope the last thing you taste is your own blood as a two by four from your neighbors house smashes your teeth through your neck.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

dickhead wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say I won this debate but really you lost it for yourself. Didn't have to even show up.
You really really need to seek some mental help. Well one thing for sure I am functioning more than anyone could say for you. Have you always been a less-on or did you mutate into one? You lost the battle and the war before you made an attempt to show your useless babble.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,681 - 32,700 of45,466
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RoxLo 1,072,042
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 17 min AN other 482,910
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr Maverick 808 17,551
last post wins! (Jul '11) 3 hr _Deja_Moo_ 5,270
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 16 hr Helena-Handbasket 25,465
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 16 hr zazz 96,280
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 21 hr Riverside 70,385
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000