Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60655 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33926 Jan 27, 2013
large lying language wrote:
Jesus resurrected. Good proof.
Many slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners hide behind the cross of the Divine Sacrifice, Jesus, Lord & Savior. Now, more than ever,'large lying language' must be opposed.

It is not alright for 'large lying language' to by a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener. And it is not alright for 'large lying language' to hide behind Jesus, with the unrepentant sin of 'large lying language' pouring out of his being.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#33927 Jan 27, 2013
Right. The tomb was empty.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#33928 Jan 27, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Right. The tomb was empty.
The Jesus story is very convincing if you care to study it. However, this has little to do with AGW or even some of the allegories presented in the OT. If you think the Earth is only a few thousand years old because the OT stories seem to point to that, or that a flood covered the entire world, then you cannot correlate this with scientific findings. I doubt that a creator would go to the trouble of putting geological false signs just to test our faith!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33929 Jan 27, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
I doubt that a creator would go to the trouble of putting geological false signs just to test our faith!
The true God is Truthful God.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33930 Jan 27, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
I doubt that a creator would go to the trouble of putting geological false signs just to test our faith!
Astronomical electromagnetic radiations in the form of spectroscopic analysis is also included in determinations of the ancient age of the Universe, & probably more comprehensive.
SpaceBluess

United States

#33931 Jan 27, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... thanks for the check.
np

:-)
SpaceBlues

United States

#33932 Jan 27, 2013
too many s's.. spoil the recipe
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33933 Jan 27, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain?
BTW--Didn't notice you were from the UK.
Are there a lot of fundamentalist Creationists like you in the UK.
Seemed to me with Newton, and BBC, most people in the UK were more... well enlightened.
Meaning you personally do share more with our Alabama citizens here in the US.
Yaas, you'd think that since they speak the Queen's English and all. That they are sophisticated, but can sometimes be as dumb as a Terry Thomas character.
wah

Mooresville, NC

#33934 Jan 27, 2013
wah
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33935 Jan 27, 2013
lite, did that sound like a threat?

Would you say I'm getting myself in trouble? With who? An Anglo Creationist? Like, who is this guy?

He aint Prince Harry.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33936 Jan 27, 2013
And let me tell you something about Anglos.

They were a mongrel race before they ever came to America and melted into the pot of the Native American, European, and each other and became American mongrels. In the blood of every Englishman, every Irishman, every Scot and every Gaelic, there is also French, Spanish, East Indian, Flemish, Swedish, Finnish blood too.

All part of what I hope IS the eventual erasure of race, the mongrelization of the entire human genome. A long time off in the future, I think, but it's a nice dream. Without race we'd have fewer problems.

As an aside, and I know I'm terribly off-topic, but they've done some DNA tests in the Middle East, in Israel and the West Bank, and found that the Jews and Arabs in this area are virtually indistinguishable from each other as far as DNA. The are closer than brothers.

And I think of all the world that way. If you aren't CrEaTiOnIsT and you believe we came from one sub-Saharan Eve a million years ago, you can think we are all brothers, or at least cousins. If you look at history and the vast waves of human migration, the effects of war and famine, the countless murders, kidnappings, rapes, slaves, and genocide we have shaped ourselves with, you have to think we are one.

At least in our suffering from the effects of human nature.

They say white people only came on the scene about 12000 years ago. What's up with that?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#33937 Jan 27, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
God made the ark the temperature just right for all. Perhaps the tempature for the ark was different in each place for each animal to cope in. It said it light was created, then later the sun created, because they are different chapters stupid.
MAGIC!

Majick?

Why didn't Gawd smite the Anopheles mosquito? and what's with loadin all that bacteria onto the boat? And who counted the molluscs and tabulated the beetles? Couldn't HE, in his infinite wisdom, have let the fugging ticks drown?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33938 Jan 27, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
.....be as dumb as a Terry Thomas character.
....... looks like a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig........
http://www.nbc.com/grimm/photos/the-grimm-ger...
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33939 Jan 27, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Couldn't HE, in his infinite wisdom, have let the fugging ticks drown?
Ya got to movt to the Pacific Northwest. Our waters are goot ta swim, without ticks, alligators, crocodiles, water mocassins, etc. Bbbbbbuuuuuttttttttt, them is cold waters, they are I says. Can you get used to mountain lake swimming? Once, I hiked up the southern slope of a ridge on a hot hot day. Said to myself I says I did,'Goin' for a swim once ah get to that there lake'. Clumbt to ridge top, looky the purdy lake........ half covered over with plenty of ICE! I went for a swim anyhow. Swam to the ice & broke off a chunk & swam back to the shore. Got out, I was still hot, so went in again.

Don't think I would be any good in Mississippi tho.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#33940 Jan 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
& you don't think, but are "phud fetid feces face fiend".
And you think topix doesnÂ’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#33941 Jan 28, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
That's it litesong.
Just throw FACTS in their face!
They'll hate that the most....
The only info you throw out there is useless scientific science fiction cut and paste babble. Do show your own entire peer reviewed published work. Sorry you are and do you show the "pinheadlitesout" unpublished work.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#33942 Jan 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Astronomical electromagnetic radiations in the form of spectroscopic analysis is also included in determinations of the ancient age of the Universe, & probably more comprehensive.
Proof this. How?
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#33943 Jan 28, 2013
The "pinheadlitesout" can prove it with its usual hate,cut and paste scientific science fiction BS.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#33944 Jan 28, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yaas, you'd think that since they speak the Queen's English and all. That they are sophisticated, but can sometimes be as dumb as a Terry Thomas character.
or an Alabama redneck....

LOL.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#33945 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof this. How?
Says the guy who wants NO PROOF re: how the Earth is older than 6000 years old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,403,124
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 18 min Imprtnrd 209
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 34 min We Are Almost There 19,086
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 42 min Princess Hey 13,060
two words (Jul '10) 47 min Princess Hey 27,857
News Sex offenders, predators find room at Friendly ... (Nov '08) 2 hr Lockthemup 57
Music (Jun '10) 2 hr --IslandGurL-- 1,635

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages