Land Resource CEO finds right fit in ...

Land Resource CEO finds right fit in Orlando -- OrlandoSentinel...

There are 349 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 31, 2007, titled Land Resource CEO finds right fit in Orlando -- OrlandoSentinel.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Mike Flaskey, 39, is chief executive officer of Land Resource LLC, a privately held vacation-home land development and sales company based in Orlando.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Deb

Cocoa, FL

#298 Sep 29, 2009
FYI, I did NOT put the hyperlinks in my message!! In fact, I just noticed they had been inserted when I returned to this forum. Sorry for the imposition.
Atlgrl

Athens, GA

#299 Sep 29, 2009
Hi Deb, I never saw any hyperlinks in your post...
Jim Horn

Supply, NC

#300 Oct 4, 2009
I understand that Ward killed his wife.Is there anything left of Land Resource and do they have any employees left.
yaeh

Tallahassee, FL

#301 Oct 5, 2009
blah
argh

Tallahassee, FL

#302 Oct 5, 2009
ick
LR lot owner

Saint Augustine, FL

#303 Oct 5, 2009
Jim, there are no employees left. LR is in the final stage of Chapter 7 bankruptcy. All assets of the LR companies have been sold and are already gone or are in the process of closing. Secured creditors will be paid from whatever proceeds were obtained in the sale. Bob Ward obviously diverted huge sums from the companies to his personal accounts, and he is being personally sued for fraud in a multitude of lawsuits, but whatever money he hasn't already managed to hide will be used for his criminal defense. I see from the videos he and his family are still concerned with "protecting the money" for the girls. What a joke- it is our money! Larry the Leg-breaker will be coming after me and my family for the loan on my worthless lot.
This whole thing is beyond belief.
ROGER

Belle Fourche, SD

#304 Oct 5, 2009
Alice C wrote:
Mr. Flaskey, unfortunately you left one of your neighborhoods out of the article - RiverSea Plantation, here in southern North Carolina. The area is beautiful, we love the beaches and the rivers for exploring on our boat. Unfortunately, Land Resource is not living up to their advertised brochures. We are still waiting for our beach club on Holden Beach, our boat ramp and storage area, the boardwalks on the river, the river front clubhouse, etc. I hope that anyone considering buying in one of your developments investigates your company thoroughly before purchasing.
Roger that Slick
Cumberland Harbour

New York, NY

#305 Oct 12, 2009
From Paula and Ward's taped jailhouse conversations between each other, Paula knows exactly where all the money is!
Bridgepointe wrote:
I wonder what song Mallory was dancing to. Could it have been "Daddy-0 Where Did You Hide the Money-0" with Paula Saare as her back-up singer.
Bridgepointe

New York, NY

#306 Oct 14, 2009
Here is a posting on In Session:

I have known this man personally for about 10 years now. He is capable of doing just what he originally said he did. He is a very talented liar and if these officials don't watch him carefully, he will walk on this one.

He has money, don't let the "bankruptcy" fool you. He has the means to hide it and once this is over and he ditches his creditors, you will see him for what he really is. My question to Mr. Ward is, "Did you not have another bed post handy that you could break off and beat this lady with?" Was the gun the only thing you had?

Maybe the law should look into just why Mrs. Ward wanted to kill herself. Who will take her place, the wonderful Paula or his own daughter? And speaking of Paula, where is Mr. Saare? How safe is he?
Deb

Cocoa, FL

#307 Oct 14, 2009
RETURNFAVOR provided some good info on that same "In Session" thread, listing all the attorneys and investigators who lined up the initial deposition (4 years of personal Ward financial records) and are looking to find more! Their contact information is provided, as well, so anyone who can provide REAL dirt on Bob, Diane, Paula, Glen, or any other Land Resource people (Flaskey comes to mind) can contact them, and they'll do all the legwork. I'd LOVE to see the whole group go down in flames.
Bridgepointe wrote:
Here is a posting on In Session:
I have known this man personally for about 10 years now. He is capable of doing just what he originally said he did. He is a very talented liar and if these officials don't watch him carefully, he will walk on this one.
He has money, don't let the "bankruptcy" fool you. He has the means to hide it and once this is over and he ditches his creditors, you will see him for what he really is. My question to Mr. Ward is, "Did you not have another bed post handy that you could break off and beat this lady with?" Was the gun the only thing you had?
Maybe the law should look into just why Mrs. Ward wanted to kill herself. Who will take her place, the wonderful Paula or his own daughter? And speaking of Paula, where is Mr. Saare? How safe is he?
Bridgepointe

New York, NY

#311 Oct 15, 2009
Paula and Glenn have been “outed” and all are well aware of this duo having full knowledge of Mark Rogers advising Ward on his “Comeback” and inner workings of Land Resources, below is an excerpt from Mark Roger’ interview.

Mark Rogers Interview

"I would remark to my wife how well he handled [the bankruptcy]," said Mark Rogers, formerly an executive vice-president with Ward's development company, Land Resources Group. Rogers last talked to Ward on Thursday.

"He was very upbeat, very positive, same as he always was," said Rogers, now a freelance development consultant based in Peachtree City. He was advising Ward on his comeback, and the developer of vacation communities was eagerly mapping out his second act,“Rogers said.

Mark Rogers is now on the KeyBank Payroll “as a consultant” to map out Bob Ward’s “second act.”
Just recently Mr. Rogers has been appointed the new Declarant of Cumberland Harbour.

Mark Rogers’s email to Camden County Administrator

“The County Administrator received an e-mail from Mark Rogers, EVP – Acquisitions and Development at Land Resource that for all intents and purposes, his final official day with the company will be January 23, 2009. He has stated that two members of the accounting department will continue part time for approximately three weeks. He also stated that the bank may request personnel to perform some hourly assistance related to the closings, but that would be minimal.”

“Mr. Rogers” quoting from an article in the Ashville Citizens-Times. Greyrock:

Mr. Mark Rogers of Land Resource Companies stated that his company is committed to completing the work at Grey Rock. He explained the difficulties they were up against, citing problems with the original design, which has been based on faulty topographic maps; the narrowness of the road right of way, which did not provide adequate space for grading and filling; and the inexperience of the contractor in working in this kind of terrain. He said that in phases 3 and 4, ground level surveys would be conducted with an experienced crew. Also, a contractor is on board who understands how to build in this environment.

Property Owner Complaint

“Steven Zide offered the following comment after reading the Asheville Citizen-Times article on their website. "I own a lot in Gray Rock phase II. I am very concerned about the article that I just read. I had no idea of the problems that Grey Rock is causing. As lot owners, we should be informed. The roads were supposed to be done a year ago and I can not even get to my property to see it. Very disturbed..." March 1, 2007”

Wow! What a coincidence!! March 1, 2007,“gee wasn’t that right around the time Bob Ward and Mike Flaskey needed more breathing room so they left the state of Georgia and bought multi-million dollar houses in Islesworth, Florida.”
Bridgepointe

New York, NY

#312 Oct 15, 2009
Land Resources Bait & Switch

Mark Rogers, Land Resource executive vice president, said in an e-mail message that the Villages at Norris Lake is a three-phase community. Rogers said the entry, roads and utilities have been completed in most of Phase 1, and in Phase 2 roads are rough cut but not complete and utilities have not been extended. In Phase 3, he said, roads are rough cut and utilities have not been extended.

Rogers said that except for a boat ramp and a small convenience boat dock, none of the amenities are complete.

Even before the financial trouble, the Villages had faced some turbulence. In a 2005 lawsuit, three plaintiffs from Knox County alleged that they were hired to sell lots in the development and that they were terminated because they refused to keep quiet about and/or participate in illegal activities including "the utilization of bait-and-switch tactics to induce lot purchases."

The Villages is a gated community, and roads have been built in at least one portion of the project.

During a visit last week, signs indicated that lots have been sold to buyers from states including Florida, Colorado, Ohio and New Jersey.
Cumberland Harbour

New York, NY

#313 Oct 15, 2009
Paula Saare

A disturbing revelation came out about sister-in-law Paula Saare.

"Your sister was shot at a close range, and you begged detectives to make it an accident - is that true?" asked Prosecutor Robin Wilkinson.

"Yes," Saare answered.
Cumberland Harbour

New York, NY

#314 Oct 15, 2009
Deb:

Paula doesn't have to worry about Jerry Springer anymore.

She now has Nancy Grace to contend with who is now reporting on the murder case of Diane Ward, showcasing Bob Ward and the "Close Family." Nancy has a "Contact Us" on her website for anyone with questions or information they can supply about Bob Ward, his bankruptcy, the millions unaccounted for, his millionaire lifestyle while hundreds of property owners he left high and dry.

This should be very interesting!
Deb wrote:
Now is a good time for ALL of us to be approaching the media outlets in our areas to expose as much about the untimely and illegal demise of our communities and Land Re4source as a viable company. If you haven't already, contact the Real Estate editor in your local paper, see if they'd be interested in running a story about bankrupt developers who really aren't, bankers who knew what was happening and still placed loans, appraisers who inflated values, and the property owners who were left holding the bag and paying the fiddler. It opens conversation to how many of these developers really closed up and took advantage of the bankruptcy laws without having really lost their biz.... This attention is a way we might find more public support against the Wards of this world
Bridgepointe

New York, NY

#315 Oct 17, 2009
Bob Ward taking care of his buddies, Mark Rogers and John Alvarez

On January 21, 2008 Land Resource will go on the auction block to sell most of its assets after having filed Chapter 11 protection on October 30, 2008. I am hopeful that a quality and well funded developer will step in to clean up the mess left behind. Also, Judge Arthur B. Briskman of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Orlando, FL approved a plan whereby five Land Resource executives will share in an incentive program based on a percentage of the sale proceeds. The report states that the five executives will each receive an equal cut of a sliding percentage ranging from 1.5% to 3% based on the outcome of the sale. The incentive appears to be capped at just under $500,000 meaning that each Land Resource executive would receive around $100,000.

The executives are being rewarded incentives for “extra work” done in preparation for the auction of Land Resource assets. They are credited with helping maximize the value of debtors’ assets as well as taking actions which reduced the debtor’s workforce in a timely manner. The incentives were also approved with the hope that this may encourage some of these executives to remain with the company after the sale.

The five executives held key positions at Land Resource LLC including Executive Vice President of Acquisition and Development; General Counsel; Vice President of Finance; Senior Project Manager; and Regional Development Director. Robert Ward and Mike Flaskey are not included in this incentive program.

Paying incentives to key employee’s during a bankruptcy or corporate reorganization is a standard practice. It really makes sense if you think about it. Corporate knowledge held by key players can sure make the wheels turn much more efficiently and hopefully benefit all stakeholders, including property owners.

It is also understandable why current property owners are disturbed by this decision. Land Resource has left a trail of uncompleted communities across the southeast and you have to wonder where all the money went. Seeing any executive or manager associated with Land Resource receive an “incentive” is hard to swallow.
Cumberland Harbour

New York, NY

#316 Oct 28, 2009
Glenn Saare, Paula Saare's husband and President of the Board of Directors of Cumberland Harbour was fired along with Stan Smith, Richard Faulhaber, Samuel Lindsay,Benjamin Pingree, Brian Timberlake and William Whitlock. They'r dismissal was "effective immediately" on October 27, 2009.

All Board members were appointed by Bob Ward, now charged with the murder of his wife, Paula Saare's sister. Before being appointed to the Board of Directors of Cumberland Harbour by "Bloody Bob" all Board Members had to sign a confidentiality agreement to withhold information from property owners until they announced it themselves.

Hundreds of property owners are enraged and left in the dark as to how our money is spent. They have been demanding an audit for over 1 1/2 years from the Board but as of today, we have not recceived one.

That will soon change now that we have an ethical, honest, responsible board where all property owners fees will go toward our community, Cumberland Harbour.

"Praise the Lord"

kelsyg

Saint Augustine, FL

#317 Oct 28, 2009
Amen

The Saare's own a nice large parcel of Cumberland Harbour surrounding their "modest" home. I'm guessing brother-in-law Bob was helpful when taking care of his own before declaring bankruptcy.
Bridgepointe

New York, NY

#319 Oct 28, 2009
That's all you have to do is listen to Paula's jailhouse visits and the "personal phone calls" between her and Bob. They're more crooked than a cork screw!
kelsyg wrote:
Amen
The Saare's own a nice large parcel of Cumberland Harbour surrounding their "modest" home. I'm guessing brother-in-law Bob was helpful when taking care of his own before declaring bankruptcy.
Deb

Cocoa, FL

#320 Oct 28, 2009
A very important point was made by Cumberland Harbour --
"Before being appointed to the Board of Directors of Cumberland Harbour by "Bloody Bob" all Board Members had to sign a confidentiality agreement to withhold information from property owners until they announced it themselves."
I would think this is illegal, and if not, it's certainly shady....SCREAMS of malicious intent.
Bridgepointe

New York, NY

#321 Oct 28, 2009
Deb,

Yes it is illegal.

There is a lot of money to be made from the Marina and the remainder of the lots at Cumberland Harbour. Recently Glenn Saare
stated that "he" (really Bob Ward) wants to sell clubhouse memberships to outsiders to use our pool and amenties for $2,500 a family and $50.00 a month. The Property Owners were "up in arms." Cumberland Harbour is a "private" gated community, and we paid dearly for such. Can you imagine what would have come through those gates. Families would have brought their friends, and who knows what else.

As this country has seen, Bob Ward, his family and their associates are a dangerous sick group. There is a 156 page full investigative report available on Orlando Chanel 13, I think you will find it very interesting. This report gives disturbing details of EVERYTHING. Very Sad.

Deb wrote:
A very important point was made by Cumberland Harbour --
"Before being appointed to the Board of Directors of Cumberland Harbour by "Bloody Bob" all Board Members had to sign a confidentiality agreement to withhold information from property owners until they announced it themselves."
I would think this is illegal, and if not, it's certainly shady....SCREAMS of malicious intent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Fitius T Bluster 1,583,204
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 5 hr Frindly 1,176
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Agents of Corruption 63,948
News Be sure to watch WDW Christmas Day Parade (Dec '07) 15 hr Television Engineer 3
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 20 hr zazz 98,481
News Three houses busted in Merritt Island for growi... (May '08) Mon ummm 47
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sun Murph 73,828

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages