Police: Motorcyclist hits pedestrian ...

Police: Motorcyclist hits pedestrian -- both men killed -- Spor...

There are 46 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 2, 2008, titled Police: Motorcyclist hits pedestrian -- both men killed -- Spor.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A motorcyclist struck a pedestrian early Sunday morning in Orange County, killing both the driver and the pedestrian, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Voice of Reason

Melbourne, FL

#1 Jun 2, 2008
A person is a pretty small target to hit, especially with a motorcycle.

Sounds like it was just their time to go. But I hope the investigation doesn't show that either was under the infulence of anything.

My thoughts go out to both families...
Bradley

Clearwater, FL

#5 Jun 2, 2008
You have to wonder at what speed the motorcycle was travelling to throw the victim 300 feet.
ABC

Orlando, FL

#6 Jun 2, 2008
Is there any information on if Mr. Harrel was crossing at an intersection or light or if he was jaywalking in the dark?
Chi-Town

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jun 2, 2008
Dave you will truly be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to your kids
david harrell

San Antonio, TX

#10 Jun 2, 2008
To anyone who reads this i am truly sorry you have to imagine the pain my family and David McKays are going through at this time.
Unfortunately tragedies like this will happen everyday with no real reason. If anyone has any comments on this page please remember that my brothers two sons (ages 9 and 14) who were in front and behind him when this occurred are reading anything they can find on their fathers unexplainable death, please remember that they were there and saw the whole thing so your opinions and comments can cause unnecessary harm.

To Davidís family i am truly sorry for your loss and my deepest sympathy goes out to you at this time. As families we grieve together.

Sincerely, David Allen harrell
later gator

Longwood, FL

#11 Jun 2, 2008
What a freaky accident.
DennisP

United States

#12 Jun 2, 2008
Why didn't his loud pipes save him? ;-}

Level 1

Since: May 08

Orlando

#13 Jun 2, 2008
david harrell wrote:
To anyone who reads this i am truly sorry you have to imagine the pain my family and David McKays are going through at this time.
Unfortunately tragedies like this will happen everyday with no real reason. If anyone has any comments on this page please remember that my brothers two sons (ages 9 and 14) who were in front and behind him when this occurred are reading anything they can find on their fathers unexplainable death, please remember that they were there and saw the whole thing so your opinions and comments can cause unnecessary harm.
To Davidís family i am truly sorry for your loss and my deepest sympathy goes out to you at this time. As families we grieve together.
Sincerely, David Allen harrell
David, I'm really sorry for your loss and both families are in our thoughts.
Accept defeat

Melbourne, FL

#14 Jun 2, 2008
david harrell wrote:
To anyone who reads this i am truly sorry you have to imagine the pain my family and David McKays are going through at this time.
Unfortunately tragedies like this will happen everyday with no real reason. If anyone has any comments on this page please remember that my brothers two sons (ages 9 and 14) who were in front and behind him when this occurred are reading anything they can find on their fathers unexplainable death, please remember that they were there and saw the whole thing so your opinions and comments can cause unnecessary harm.
To Davidís family i am truly sorry for your loss and my deepest sympathy goes out to you at this time. As families we grieve together.
Sincerely, David Allen harrell
The accident happened at 2 AM so I doubt that his kids witnessed his motorcycle slaying the pedestrian and launching him into oblivion. Don't ask us to police the internet and we won't ask you to police the bikers.
Sandy

AOL

#15 Jun 2, 2008
Accept defeat wrote:
<quoted text>
The accident happened at 2 AM so I doubt that his kids witnessed his motorcycle slaying the pedestrian and launching him into oblivion. Don't ask us to police the internet and we won't ask you to police the bikers.
David McKay has one daughter and she is 10. She lives with her mom in another country so I think you may have gotten the info confused on here. It was a tragic accident and David mcKay, my brother, will be missed by all of our family here in Wisconsin and all of his dear friends elsewhere. He has many many who love him. My thoughts go out to you Mr Harrell on your loss.
Sandy
Alan

Wilmington, DE

#16 Jun 2, 2008
My deepest sympathies go out the both families. To the children - there are people on the internet that are rude, stupid and obnoxious. Your father loved you, and that is all you need to focus on. Why this happened is beyond our comprehension, and why people would make assumptions about this is unexplainable. You need not blame anyone, and your Mom needs your attention now more than ever. Just ignore the idiots, please.
Mara

Eddyville, KY

#17 Jun 2, 2008
To Mary and the boys..
You have MANY people that love you and will support you through this aweful time!! Our prayers are with you and your family.
To the McKay family, we pray for you all to be strong during this horrid time. God bless!
Mr Perfect

Orlando, FL

#19 Jun 2, 2008
This is terrible. While you never know when someone posts whether it's a person playing the part of a family member or freind. It makes no difference of the circumstances. They have to put someone they love in a box and say good bye for ever. Be strong and don't give the negative an audience.
annie

United States

#20 Jun 2, 2008
Accept defeat wrote:
<quoted text>
The accident happened at 2 AM so I doubt that his kids witnessed his motorcycle slaying the pedestrian and launching him into oblivion. Don't ask us to police the internet and we won't ask you to police the bikers.
It was Mr. Harrell's children who were present at the time of the accident, with legitimate reason. There is a lot to the story you don't know. Please don't doubt the family members on either side, especially any who were present at the time - they are going through enough right now.

To Mary and the entire Harrell family, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Your faith will carry you through.
George

Orlando, FL

#23 Jun 2, 2008
The motorcycle was doing 130 MPH when he hit Paul.

Paul's two young sons were at the scene and saw their father die instantly when he was struck and then had to sit with the lifeless body until EMS arrived.

Another example of a meanless murder by a drag racing idiot at the controls of the motorcycle.

McKay is dead and never has to deal with the grieving wife and two sons now without a father.

P.S. What difference does it make if he wore a helmet? I'm sure the man he hit and his fatherless sons don't really care.
Sandy

AOL

#24 Jun 3, 2008
I agree there is alot to the story that wasn't out in the paper. What we were told happened isn't even listed in the article and I am sure there is alot more we won't know of for awhile. Alot of people make comments in here without even knowing any of the facts. Remember that the press doesn't always get the whole story so they report on what they are told or what they hear from others. All the family members on both sides of this are grieving and have to bury their loved ones before they shold have had to. Both of these men have children who have to go on with their lives not knowing their fathers. It is such a shame. It was an accident, a very sad accident.
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Mr. Harrell's children who were present at the time of the accident, with legitimate reason. There is a lot to the story you don't know. Please don't doubt the family members on either side, especially any who were present at the time - they are going through enough right now.
To Mary and the entire Harrell family, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Your faith will carry you through.
Sandy

AOL

#25 Jun 3, 2008
It was not a murder. David never meant to hit Paul. Take it for what it is, a senseless accident. I am positive that what happened and what is speculated on in here isn't the real or whole story.
George wrote:
The motorcycle was doing 130 MPH when he hit Paul.
Paul's two young sons were at the scene and saw their father die instantly when he was struck and then had to sit with the lifeless body until EMS arrived.
Another example of a meanless murder by a drag racing idiot at the controls of the motorcycle.
McKay is dead and never has to deal with the grieving wife and two sons now without a father.
P.S. What difference does it make if he wore a helmet? I'm sure the man he hit and his fatherless sons don't really care.
Regina

Winter Park, FL

#27 Jun 3, 2008
I am a friend and co-worker of David McKay's. He was a wonderful, loving person with a wicked sense of humor and a caring heart. This tragedy has left us all in shock and grief and he is truly missed. I am so sorry for the Harrell family and the McKay family. My prayers are with you all. I was blessed to know David and I am a better person for it. Please remember when you are making comments about this situation that you know very little about, that both these men leave behind many people who love them and are greiving for them. Please have some respect. Thank you.
zachary harrell

San Antonio, TX

#28 Jun 3, 2008
Accept defeat wrote:
<quoted text>
The accident happened at 2 AM so I doubt that his kids witnessed his motorcycle slaying the pedestrian and launching him into oblivion. Don't ask us to police the internet and we won't ask you to police the bikers.
i just wanted to let you know that i was there. and my little brother and did see what happened to our dad. for you to doubt my uncle the way you did in this comment upsets me. my dad was a good man and i know that he is in a better place right now.....evan though i miss him so much. and i just want you and evryone else too know my mom and the whole famly reads your comments so plz think before you post anything....and i thank all of you for your support!

~zachary A. harrell
Mary wife of Paul

United States

#29 Jun 3, 2008
Thank you Sandy, I feel your pain. I am Paul's wife and we know this is a tragic accident, so young and so much going for them both. My boys miss him and I miss my best friend. But I know that he is watching over us. As a ordained minister at the nursing home ministering with my boys. He would never want to leave us, Zach 14 wants to be a chaplain in the Air Force and Nathan 10 is destraut. Let his family know that my thoughts and prayers are with them. I am glad their are people like you that look out and stick up for our families. My Zach has looked on-line everyday frequently looking for what people are saying about both Paul and David. People do need to think before they spit out nasty uncalled for comments.
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
David McKay has one daughter and she is 10. She lives with her mom in another country so I think you may have gotten the info confused on here. It was a tragic accident and David mcKay, my brother, will be missed by all of our family here in Wisconsin and all of his dear friends elsewhere. He has many many who love him. My thoughts go out to you Mr Harrell on your loss.
Sandy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,564,102
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 98,447
News Adam Walsh case to be declared closed (Dec '08) 11 hr SmartestOne 404
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 15 hr Murphey_Law 513,302
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 15 hr Princess Hey 13,001
Song Title Game (Apr '15) 16 hr Princess Hey 663
One Word (Jul '10) 16 hr Princess Hey 2,535

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages