Jessica Simpson's weight: Why do we care if she's skinny or fat?

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The famous are fuming over photos of Jessica Simpson that prove the singer is - of all things - human.
Comments
1 - 20 of 164 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
BumbleBee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Could I please have the last five minutes of my time back? If this is a news worthy story, it should be interestingly written.
It was rambling and boring...
TTJ

Plainsboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Who is this lady? Is she related to Homer Simpson? Whoever she is, I think she looks good being fat. Give her another bowl of chili. I don't understand why President Obama is feeling hurt by her. Did she sit on his lap?
Stan

Crown Point, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

OK the people in charge of this get upset if you type in all caps cause it makes them feel bad....

sooooo...in little letters....

you had the same story last week !!!
it was stupid then amd its still stupid now !!!!

is this the best you can do?
rehash week old stuff.

here's news tip (no charge)...
james brown died last year and

buddy holly's plane crashed (but 50 years ago tho)

hope you guys aren't too upset...i used a couple extra !!!!!

Since: Jul 08

Genoa IL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

BumbleBee wrote:
Could I please have the last five minutes of my time back? If this is a news worthy story, it should be interestingly written.
Why have all the "NEWS" papers and even the nightly tv news turned themselves into a daily National Enquirer. This has been on the front page of the web edition for a week and I guess I`m a sucker and had to read why!
Gary

Algonquin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Judged:

Live by the sword, die by the sword. She made her fame on her looks, not by any skills or talent. Now she's just a fat person with no skills and talent.
Jolinda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

"We" don't care, but the media apparently does. I've been avoiding these articles about Simpson, but when I saw the "we" headline, I had to comment--please don't include me as someone who cares about a celebrity's weight gain, Drew Peterson, or any of the other trash news that seems to fill up the Trib these days.
Peter

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

She looks SO much better now. Like a real women with curves. If some of those stars new how they looked, either like stick figures or beef jerky with hair (like that Biggest Looser trainer Jullian.) People would pay to get figures like stars??? They should run from them. Simpson looks graceful and feminine, elegant and beautiful. Keep the curves, lose the bones.
Tony Bromo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

BumbleBee wrote:
Yes. Another example of why print media is circling the drain Bee. The girl is a singer. But she's now more notable for who she's dating, her large breasts, her lack of intelligence, and now her weight. Yawn. Leave this to the tabloids.
Salsa Shark

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Judged:

Stan wrote:
OK the people in charge of this get upset if you type in all caps cause it makes them feel bad....
Um, no, people don't like it when you type in all caps because it's the equivalent of yelling.

Why do people like you think that all rules of grammar, spelling and common sense should go out the window when you sit behind a computer keyboard?

I'd love to see what your resume looks like.

“WAY TO GO, STEELERS!!!”

Since: Dec 07

WE ARE #1!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

The media cares if she's skinny; normal American citizens could care less if she's skinny or fat, This young lady is not fat; she is, reportedly, 135 pounds. That is not fat. Ms. Simpson is a healthy weight. Young girls need to realize that real women are healthy, eat, and exercise regularly. Healthy is not stick thin while receiving nutrition via IV drip....
NoConservativePr opaganda

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Who cares.

She doesn't have talent worth paying for. Now she's fat. In several months, she'll have lost the weight, then stage a "comeback", have a new squeeze where someone cheats on the other, will gain weight again, sell more tabloids, etc.

She is nothing more then a professional celebrity.
wrecksracer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

More than anything, it was an unfortunate choice of pants. Very unflattering. I bet she looks just fine without them!
Amused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Why is it that people who complain the loudest about these kind of stories complain the loudest? Don't read beyond the headline if you find it to be a waste of time. And, if you find it to be a waste of time, do not waste time complaining about wasting time.

As to the complaints of her being "fat" -- well, those are legitimate, as are complaints of her being too skinny, to stupid, too whatever. She puts herself into the public eye; she must deal with the comments.

Part of her problem is that she is wearing skinny-people clothing which looks pretty bad with the added pounds. She would probably look good if dresses appropriately. Getting herself a little education would help too.
Bert Jones

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

She looks better now.
John Q Public

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

I didn't like her when she was "skinny".
Wasted energy even making this comment but it's a slow news day.
gimme yo money

Lincolnshire, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

People are now complaining about how we shouldn't comment on her weight, yet she has spent a good part of her life in the limelight? The broad can't have her cake and eat it too. Or maybe she did and thats why she got FAT.
These celebrity critics are a joke telling us not to judge. Yeah right, they don't even live on the same planet as most of us. If they feel that strongly about it, then go get fat and see how their career goes down the drain. F'in hypocrites.
Susan

Waterloo, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

She needs breast reduction. It would save her future back troubles & she'd look better.

But, she's not fat at all.
HazMatt

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Looks like it's time for Pizza Hut to coming calling for an endorsement deal again!
Agreed

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Danyel wrote:
The media cares if she's skinny; normal American citizens could care less if she's skinny or fat, This young lady is not fat; she is, reportedly, 135 pounds. That is not fat. Ms. Simpson is a healthy weight. Young girls need to realize that real women are healthy, eat, and exercise regularly. Healthy is not stick thin while receiving nutrition via IV drip....
You're too smart to be reading these posts....
Kevin H

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Using Rod Blago is bad example. He knows exactly what he's doing. It's all calculated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••