New Lenox woman killed in crash on 14...

New Lenox woman killed in crash on 147th Street

There are 363 comments on the Suburban Chicago News story from Jan 1, 2010, titled New Lenox woman killed in crash on 147th Street. In it, Suburban Chicago News reports that:

A New Lenox woman was killed early this morning in a one-vehicle crash on 147th Street in a Cook County forest preserve area near Oak Forest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Suburban Chicago News.

Family Biz

Palos Hills, IL

#41 Jan 4, 2010
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
amazing comment !! i agree.. god bless somone has some sense in this world.. can u imagion how he feels and these people are bashing one of the nicest guys i know..
Well your party days with him are over. Consider yourself luck. Very Lucky. Jessica wasn't that lucky.
Family Biz

Palos Hills, IL

#42 Jan 4, 2010
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
recieved to much to early.. really.. do u know nick do you know how hard he works do u know how much his dad expects and how awful he feels when he disapoints him.. come on stop talking out of your ass and know this is a great guy.. yes he made an awful mistake but hes living with it now.. let him be the one to show the court what he feels..
why does his money matter it doesnt.. he works hard for his money and his life.. if you dont respect that then ur the one in the wrong..
What half of you people dont get is MONEY DOESNT MATTER.. good his family owns a business and is sucessful shame on you for downing him.. ever heard of the american dream
Riding on Daddys shirt tails. Let Him show the court? I hope our Courts show him! I can't believe you are making poor little nicky the victim. Go to her funeral , then get back to this topix.
Watchman

Harvey, IL

#43 Jan 4, 2010
The driver was 4 xs over the legal limit. He knows the state driving laws like everyone else. YOU Drink, You drink you Lose! Everyone has seen those commercials. Yes the passenger lost her life at both the driver expense and herself. Only if they were wearing their seat belts there may only be injuries involved. I live within a 1/2 of block from the accident site and was able to see the aftermath. The car hit the pole on the passengerís side where Jessica sat. The car rolled over down the embankment. A paramedic who was on the scene knew Jessica. He did not recognize her due to the massive head injuries she sustains from hitting the windshield being crushed from the roll over. She was dead at the scene. A seat belt could have saved her life. Nick is just as guilty though he lived through the accident. If Nick was in the passenger seat the out come would have been his death rather than Jessica's. It sad any way you look at it.
It is funny these days how you really can get the real story of what happened through the realm of teenager and there texting community. My nieces and nephews know both Jessica and Nick. The story goes that Jessica told her folks that she was staying at a friendís house. Instead she went out to bars and a house party and became intoxicated. She calls up Nick for a ride home. Though that is odd since she told her parents she was staying with friends. She really was going to stay with Nick that night. Nick was intoxicated also. Why didn't any of their friends stop them? Friends watch out for one another. In this case they didn't.
Kids just don't get it! They sneak around, drink under age and when tragedy strikes.. Itís the parents they despise that bails them out or buries them . I hope justice pays of in this case.
Look around people ... this is happening all to common it this day and age.
cleo

New Lenox, IL

#44 Jan 4, 2010
This is a tragedy for both families. No one ever sets to go out in the evening and have an accident, much as a tragic one involving death. Two years ago when Jessica was driving drunk and got in an accident, she was alone. I would be curious if Nick was in the car at that time and he died what comments would be made. They both should have had their seatbelts on and of course, been sober. Everyone makes mistakes, as she did, two years ago. She still continued to drink underage at the bars in Orland as many people know, even reportedly that evening. Until everyone realizes these are still kids who think they are undestructable, as we all did, tradgies will continue to happen. Also, before everyone bashes Nick and his family, they should find out who took care of Jessica for quite a while when her own family threw her out of the house. So, stop saying the Sord's are these horrible people until you know all the facts. Why did her own parents kick her out and why didn't they get her help after her last serious accident, then maybe, she wouldn't have called so late after drinking asking for a ride.
sam

New Lenox, IL

#45 Jan 4, 2010
In response to cleo, I do agree that this is a terrible accident. I do feel that neither party should have been drinking. Maybe if one of them was sober this could have been avoided. If one had been sober, that person might had recognized the other one being incapaciated. However, this was an accident. Everyone needs to stop accusing this person as if he meant to harm her. I don't think he would have gone out to get her if he didn't care about her. I feel bad that he even got the phone call so late in the evening after getting home safely. I guess he should have just stayed in, but, as we all know, you never think anything is going to happen. I do not think he's entirely at fault. She should have never got in the car. I feel maybe she was just as drunk and didn't notice or care. By calling and accepting the ride, he's not entirely to blame. Why is a 20 year old girl still out at 3:30 IN THE MORNING. I do not know the Sord's personally, so I can't comment about your remark about Jessica being taken care of. But, if I were to guess, are you saying her parents kicked her out and the Sord's took care of her, letting her live there? That doesn't sound like people who don't care about other people. The whole thing is just so sad.
Tired in Posen

Blue Island, IL

#46 Jan 4, 2010
Sorry to both families. I lost a daughter and she was only 20 at the time. She was murdered by a young man only 22. I know how both families feel. God Bless.
annah

Niles, MI

#47 Jan 4, 2010
Angie wrote:
Why are people so quick to judge Nick, when EVERYONE has driven drunk at one time or another. The only difference is that we were lucky enough not to be involved in an accident. This situation could have happened to any one of us! Would you be saying these things about yourself?? Do you think you deserve to be in jail for 10 years because you made one bad decision? He already has to live with this for the rest of his life and surely has learned his lesson. Yes it is a tragedy she passed away, but it is not ok to fully blame Nick, she did make the decision to get in the car. if I got into a car with someone I knew to be drinking and something happened to me, I would not want that person to be in any trouble.
My point is that nobody has the right to point fingers and place blame when you surely have done the same thing...
First off NOT EVERYONE has driven drunk! I am 22 years old and haven ever driven even after ONE drink because i grew up with parents that taught me that if I ever did something like that i would be grounded for the rest of my life! And i have seen it a million times, once a person drives drunk once they repeat it and it becomes a downhill spiral! So re state your dumb opinion because NOT EVERYONE has driven drunk. I am young and i still know better and its a shame that you and other people dont know better.
Appalled

Channahon, IL

#48 Jan 4, 2010
These kinds of threads on Topix are the worst. They give ignorant people an opportunity to shine.
Reality Check

Chicago, IL

#49 Jan 4, 2010
Unfortunately we live in a society where everyone is quick to judge. I'm not here to judge, but to remind everyone that we were all young and (so called) invincible. We all have made bad choices at one point in our lives. That being said, the choice made that night has taken the life of a young and beautiful woman and possibly destroyed the life of a young man. Unfortunately, we cannot let people get by because they made a bad choice. There are consequences for the choices we make. I hope that our justice system will do the right thing. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families through this tragic time.
JustSadden

Mundelein, IL

#50 Jan 4, 2010
Listen everyone.... A girl died because she made the choice to get in the car with a guy she cared for, he picked her up he cared about her. All the stories say they dated and the famlies had problems with eachother not that the two had problems with eachother. A girl is dead, let her rest in peace and stop bashing her on the net. The guy will have to live with this the rest of his life, and that is punishment enough. Jail time is not going to solve this problem with drinking and driving, as he could come out and do the same thing. He needs classes, he needs to speak to children and look at the pictures of the accident over and over again, as this does help people. I know this as my friend and I were in a car accident she was drinking and driving. I got in the car with her, broke my arm and had 9 surgies on it. I am lucky to be alive as I have the reminder of scars on me not to drink and drive and not to get in a car with someone who is drunk and she does not drink and drive anymore as she has my scars as a reminder. Though, I lost a brother-in-law who killed himself in a car accident as he was drunk. No one learns until it happens to themselves. Some of us are lucky to get a second chance and other lose their lives for makin a MISTAKE!!! So leave the kids alone of this accident and the family. It is no ones bussiness but theirs.
Praying

United States

#51 Jan 4, 2010
My prayers are with both families. This is a hard thing for anyone to go through. Our children today all think they are invincable. I tell mine everytime they leave I don't want you drinking and driving. If you do please call me. Your not going to get in trouble I want you around. Don't get in the car with anyone who has been drinking I love you I need you to live so I can keep on living. Do they listen I DON'T KNOW. Wear your seat belt. Do they most the time NO. I am a nag. I am a mom. I love my kids and my family.

Nat and Maris wear you seat belts always you mom and dad love you. Nick my prayers are with you boy thats all I can give.

To Jessica's family my heart and prayers are with you.

To all everyone making a big deal about what this family has and thats the reason this happened thats not it. Our kids,every kid thinks its every going to happen to them. Its our kids that make the choices we don't All we can do is pray they make the right ones.
Bubba J

AOL

#53 Jan 5, 2010
Does anyone remember about 5 years ago the accident at 159th and Harlem where the Chicago Cop T-boned a car at 100mph? I seen that accident. Cop was about 3-4 times over limit.
Jaso Caspar is his name. Department of Corrections has him up for Parole in 2018 I believe. He got a 12 or 14 year sentence.
Let's see how Justice will go this time. Blame can be made on all parts, everyone is greiving BUT, God needed another ANGEL!
Let it Rest

Merrillville, IN

#54 Jan 5, 2010
Please!
Family Biz

Palos Hills, IL

#55 Jan 5, 2010
Bubba J wrote:
Does anyone remember about 5 years ago the accident at 159th and Harlem where the Chicago Cop T-boned a car at 100mph? I seen that accident. Cop was about 3-4 times over limit.
Jaso Caspar is his name. Department of Corrections has him up for Parole in 2018 I believe. He got a 12 or 14 year sentence.
Let's see how Justice will go this time. Blame can be made on all parts, everyone is greiving BUT, God needed another ANGEL!
Was that the time when the Police Officer left Fire & Ice? and killed a Sandburg HS student?
father flannigan

Morris, IL

#56 Jan 5, 2010
Bubba J wrote:
God has a strange way of collecting angels. Canser,murder ,headschopped off,hit and run.Why not just float people up on a cloud with no pain and suffering.God either does not exist or does not care . Take your pick!!!
Family Biz

Palos Hills, IL

#57 Jan 5, 2010
correction, 2 Sandburg students. I recall that and it was horrible,
Bubba J

AOL

#58 Jan 5, 2010
Family Biz wrote:
correction, 2 Sandburg students. I recall that and it was horrible,
I saw that and it was worse.
Bubba J

AOL

#59 Jan 5, 2010
father flannigan wrote:
<quoted text> God has a strange way of collecting angels. Canser,murder ,headschopped off,hit and run.Why not just float people up on a cloud with no pain and suffering.God either does not exist or does not care . Take your pick!!!
GOD exists. Too many people blame GOD for everything and fail to remember that HE gave us Paradise once and as Human Beings, we screwed it up.
john

Orland Park, IL

#60 Jan 5, 2010
Family Biz wrote:
<quoted text> His mug shot? Grandma used to call that a Smirk. His face has a Smirk on it. Not one bone should remorse. He cared about her? Cared so much to pick her up smashed? The only reason a man picks up a woman at 3:30 am is booty call or he needs his clothes washed or something cleaned. Why do i feel like you were with him that night? Guilty a bit?
that or maybe she had a horrible night and begged him to get her.. maybe she wanted someone to talk to .. sick of hearing her parents go against him(as the articles say).. come on don't be a prick about it.. u have no clue not every guy thinks like you
Justin Should Be Served

United States

#61 Jan 5, 2010
He didn't Tell her NO because he knew what was in it for him!!!!! HIM!!!! HIM!!!! You must be friends of the family also getting fringe benefits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orland Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Lenox treats veterans like crap, I guess... 20 min History does not ... 41
Bengals... 57 min TheTaxMan 8
If Corporations are now considered "People" 1 hr Crazy stuff 5
She Gone 1 hr Must Be 4
Results Party 1 hr Nothing Surprises... 13
Sam Venti (Jun '14) 2 hr Guest 8
breaking news!!!!! 3 hr Young Guns 644

Orland Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance