Does the Chief and Trustees of Orland...

Does the Chief and Trustees of Orland Fire spend money like drunken sailors?

Posted in the Orland Park Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Unhappy Taxpayer

Harvey, IL

#1 Dec 29, 2010
I was appalled when my neighbor told me how the Orland Fire Protection District is spending taxpayer money. So far they have spent over 500,000 on new air packs when the ones in use were perfectly good.
Orland Fire Protection District has an aerial truck that is only 6 years old and it is a reserve unit. These trucks cost close to a million dollars and we have 3.
They built a new building because the chief is trying to make a name for him self and change how the commanders run a fire when the way all commanders from all the surrounding area departments have no issue or problem with the current system. The building cost several million dollars.
The chief and trustees are building a 5 million dollar addition to attach fire station 1 with the administration building.
The current chief and trustees refuse to give the Battalion Chiefs a fair raise. The Battalion Chiefs are underpaid compared to other towns. These men work hard and deserve to be treated fairly. The chief came from their ranks and apparently forgot where he came from. The chief is the only chief in any fire department who is paid to work overtime. What a waste of money.
It is time we stop this waste of taxpayer’s hard earned money. We need to elect new trustees and stop this frivolous spending spree.
Fumming Taxpayer

Harvey, IL

#2 Dec 29, 2010
Unhappy Taxpayer wrote:
I was appalled when my neighbor told me how the Orland Fire Protection District is spending taxpayer money. So far they have spent over 500,000 on new air packs when the ones in use were perfectly good.
Orland Fire Protection District has an aerial truck that is only 6 years old and it is a reserve unit. These trucks cost close to a million dollars and we have 3.
They built a new building because the chief is trying to make a name for him self and change how the commanders run a fire when the way all commanders from all the surrounding area departments have no issue or problem with the current system. The building cost several million dollars.
The chief and trustees are building a 5 million dollar addition to attach fire station 1 with the administration building.
The current chief and trustees refuse to give the Battalion Chiefs a fair raise. The Battalion Chiefs are underpaid compared to other towns. These men work hard and deserve to be treated fairly. The chief came from their ranks and apparently forgot where he came from. The chief is the only chief in any fire department who is paid to work overtime. What a waste of money.
It is time we stop this waste of taxpayer’s hard earned money. We need to elect new trustees and stop this frivolous spending spree.
I am not calling you a liar but I hope you are exaggerating somewhat. What you have posted is incredible. It is blatant disregard for tax payer’s money. It seems to me their attitude is we have the money we have got to spend it. When is their meeting I would like to attend and find out if what you are saying is completely true? We need to take back government agencies that spend excessively with no sense of fiscal responsibility.

Why are they treating the Why are they treating the Battalion Chief’s so badly? Is it because the chief of the department does not want to lose his over time? I called a friend of mine who has a brother that is currently a firefighter. When I asked him about the fire chief being paid over time to work he told me flat out he has never heard of any fire chief being paid overtime. Just another example of a government worker who has a sweet deal when the rest of us are struggling. He told me if there is a big call that requires the chief to respond not during his regular work hours all fire chiefs are either compensated by comp time or it is considered part of their job and they receive no extra pay at all..
James

Tinley Park, IL

#3 Dec 29, 2010
Why are people from oak forest worrying about other towns? Stick to the problems in your own town.
Orland Resident

River Forest, IL

#4 Dec 29, 2010
James wrote:
Why are people from oak forest worrying about other towns? Stick to the problems in your own town.
Hey Jimmy boy your ISP show you live in Tinley Park. Is that where you live? My ISP shows I am posting from Oak Lawn but I reside in Orland Park. If what they are saying is true we as resident need to take immediate action. The chief working overtime is crazy. All he is doing is boosting his pension. He is fooling no one. I will call the fire department next week to find out when their next meeting is. We need to reign them in. We need to get trustees and a chief who are responsible to the tax payers not them selves.
Right

Melrose Park, IL

#5 Dec 30, 2010
Well first overtime is not pensionable. This sounds like one of the Battalion Chiefs is writing this woe is me, honestly what they do plus a vehicle they are extremely well paid. The majority of there calls are for medical. They don't run to many fires and how hard is that, put the water on the fire and stop when it goes out. I love how they spend so much money but they don't spend it on the battalion chiefs. what a joke, so the chiefs want that money instead of equipment for the fire fighters? How do you know about there airpacks, how old are they, and that reserve truck was a grant and it does not have a pump. Nice try but I don't think this is a good thing you whinning on this site your not making enough money, Every chief is making well over 100,000 plus a car and they think they are underpaid?
Incredible

River Forest, IL

#6 Dec 30, 2010
Right wrote:
Well first overtime is not pensionable. This sounds like one of the Battalion Chiefs is writing this woe is me, honestly what they do plus a vehicle they are extremely well paid. The majority of there calls are for medical. They don't run to many fires and how hard is that, put the water on the fire and stop when it goes out. I love how they spend so much money but they don't spend it on the battalion chiefs. what a joke, so the chiefs want that money instead of equipment for the fire fighters? How do you know about there airpacks, how old are they, and that reserve truck was a grant and it does not have a pump. Nice try but I don't think this is a good thing you whinning on this site your not making enough money, Every chief is making well over 100,000 plus a car and they think they are underpaid?
The chiefs make over 100,000 per year working in Orland park and they think they are under paid? You seem like you have some very good insight. Only a current member would know such particulars as grant and pumps on trucks. Tell us more.
Election Time

Midlothian, IL

#7 Dec 31, 2010
Incredible wrote:
<quoted text>The chiefs make over 100,000 per year working in Orland park and they think they are under paid? You seem like you have some very good insight. Only a current member would know such particulars as grant and pumps on trucks. Tell us more.
It is time to elect leaders who are resposible to the TAY PAYERS. We need to remove the Chief and the rogue trustees.
New Deputy Chief

River Forest, IL

#9 Dec 31, 2010
I just heard the chief promoted his best friend to Deputy Chief who is a Lieutenant. He by-passed all the other battalion Chiefs. Let the fire works begin. The beginning of the end is near.They are not going to take this lying down or quitely.
Dont worry be Happy

Evergreen Park, IL

#10 Jan 1, 2011
Unhappy Taxpayer wrote:
No doubt written by a unhappy battalion chief because they are the only people on earth who would think they are underpaid. Give me a break. Quit bad rapping your dept on topix and grow a set.
We Will Be Happy

River Forest, IL

#11 Jan 1, 2011
Dont worry be Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt written by a unhappy battalion chief because they are the only people on earth who would think they are underpaid. Give me a break. Quit bad rapping your dept on topix and grow a set.
Don't worry come April we will be happy. We have joined a very powerful political force who is putting her money where her mouth is and is backing two good candidates. When they are elected Krizik, Madden will be gone. We will finally be treated fairly. You should not speak about something you have no clue about. So come April we will be happy thanks for the advice.
Chief Politics

Midlothian, IL

#12 Jan 6, 2011
We Will Be Happy wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry come April we will be happy. We have joined a very powerful political force who is putting her money where her mouth is and is backing two good candidates. When they are elected Krizik, Madden will be gone. We will finally be treated fairly. You should not speak about something you have no clue about. So come April we will be happy thanks for the advice.
What Chief's are working with the opposition political party? Is it Krizik working both sides of the fence to keep his job?
Batt 2

United States

#13 Jan 7, 2011
Chief Politics wrote:
<quoted text>What Chief's are working with the opposition political party? Is it Krizik working both sides of the fence to keep his job?
He has his head burried so far up a Cook County officials azz it is pathetic. He is also working with a former trustee who lost a bitter election two years ago and is still bitter. That is all he talks about besides running his business out of the firehouse right under the current chief's eye who is afraid to say anything to him because the chief knows just how deep the batt chief is in the politics.
Time for Change

United States

#14 Jan 9, 2011
Batt 2 wrote:
<quoted text>He has his head burried so far up a Cook County officials azz it is pathetic. He is also working with a former trustee who lost a bitter election two years ago and is still bitter. That is all he talks about besides running his business out of the firehouse right under the current chief's eye who is afraid to say anything to him because the chief knows just how deep the batt chief is in the politics.
If what is being posted is true it is time for a huge change. Get the enema out and flush all the turds down the toilet.

Come the next election I am voting for no incumbants. We need change and we need it now.
correct-o

Orland Park, IL

#15 Jan 11, 2011
Now he's done. He promoted his best friend, and a few years ago one of his girlfriends
OHPO

United States

#16 Jan 11, 2011
correct-o wrote:
Now he's done. He promoted his best friend, and a few years ago one of his girlfriends
You think you have problems with your chief you sould work for our inept chief. The morale is at an all time high and he is attacking the full time career union officers. Trust me you don't have it so bad.
OHPO

United States

#17 Jan 11, 2011
Sorry for what ever reason HAHA was suppose to be after the morale is at an all time high. We are dying here and can not wait until the mayor makes a change.
The Almighty Krizo

United States

#18 Jan 12, 2011
We just got Krizisized today. This gut is out of control spending wise. He wants to put a two man squad in service and will staff it with overtime. There is no need for this. A colossal waste of tax payer money. Members of union will be reaching out to the B/C who is working with the commissioner and if her candidates promise us they will remove Krizik PERMANETLY from the department we will back them. As a tax payer this has got to stop. The board under the chief's direction raised the tax levy 5%. No fire department in the south or western suburbs has a budget as large as Orland and this clown spends it as fast as he makes it. What next? You are correct he promoted to Lt an person of special interest to him. Ask the fire commissioners. Look at the final list a commissioner DID not sign it. Ask him why. And then he promoted his best friend from Lieutenant to Deputy Chief over all the other battalion chiefs.
This is the same chief that has thrusted us into a fight with a neighboring department and lost. No chiefs in the area respect him. Hell ask the men who work for Orland and are chiefs on other towns. We have 8 see what these guys have to say.
Right is wrong

Orland Park, IL

#19 Jan 12, 2011
Hey Right, some of your info is incorrect. The reserve truck was not bought with a grant and not all battalion chiefs take home a car. The day chiefs get cars because they like to play "Volunteer Fire Chief" and show up on calls from home. Some people think it's a joke when actually it's a serious problem. The shift chiefs can run calls fine but the minute a day guy shows up it turns into a mess. Ask any of the guys theyll tell you the same except for a select few who think everything is grand.
batt 2

Midlothian, IL

#20 Jan 12, 2011
the truck that went to katrina with the new d/c was required to respond because it was a federal grant. This truck is the reserve truck. But you are right they have a big mess on there hands there with that administration. With all the increases in taxes by all the taxing bodies the people of that this town are going to revolt. I hope change is in the air, it sounds like the personnel would welcome that.
Short Term Memory

United States

#21 Jan 13, 2011
The Almighty Krizo wrote:
We just got Krizisized today. This gut is out of control spending wise. He wants to put a two man squad in service and will staff it with overtime. There is no need for this. A colossal waste of tax payer money. Members of union will be reaching out to the B/C who is working with the commissioner and if her candidates promise us they will remove Krizik PERMANETLY from the department we will back them. As a tax payer this has got to stop. The board under the chief's direction raised the tax levy 5%. No fire department in the south or western suburbs has a budget as large as Orland and this clown spends it as fast as he makes it. What next? You are correct he promoted to Lt an person of special interest to him. Ask the fire commissioners. Look at the final list a commissioner DID not sign it. Ask him why. And then he promoted his best friend from Lieutenant to Deputy Chief over all the other battalion chiefs.
This is the same chief that has thrusted us into a fight with a neighboring department and lost. No chiefs in the area respect him. Hell ask the men who work for Orland and are chiefs on other towns. We have 8 see what these guys have to say.
Why is everyone surprised by Krizik's actions? Remember he is tied into Arties lawsuit. He was one of the main characters who forced Artie out with no remorse. That was his agenda from the get go.
He also worked behind the scenes to force Danny out. Have you guys forgotten? He is a rotten person. He has carried on affairs with women on the department while still being married. Oh he is legally separated from his wife so he can still keep her on Orland's health insurance. Is that the type of man you want as your chief?
This is the kind of person we have as chief. A real trustworthy guy. An honorable guy. A guy who you can depend on. A straight forward of a guy he is. He positioned himself to be made Deputy Chief under Bettenhausen. Bettenhausen really trusted him. The whole time Krizik's goal was to be named chief. Unfortunately Bettenhausen was not smart enough to see that Krizik was setting himself up to be named chief behind the scenes. Krizik stuck it right in Bettenhausens azz and thought nothing of it. He kicked Bettenhausens feet right out from underneath him, just like he did Danny and Artie. The board President was too lazy to conduct a search for a chief and now Orland is stuck with the worst chief in their history bar none.
I hope the members of the department do band together and get a real chief who is really concerned about Orland and straightens the place out.
Krizik has lost the members confidence. He needs to be replaced immediately. Do you really want a man who has carried on countless affairs with co-workers, promoted one of those co-workers to Lieutenant, promoted his best friend to Deputy Chief by passing all other chiefs and still is technically married to his wife so he can keep her on the health insurance plan thus saving him money? This is the type of character you want as fire chief of Orland?
I think not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orland Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 3 hr AAWDAW 250
Know how to get a thread removed completely? 3 hr MPMMB 5
Liberal Coup Dreams Die 4 hr HAHAHA 7
Kindly clarify.....you're "Anti-government"... 9 hr Im confused 2
Trump and Macron 12 hr MPMMB 3
Trump the Turd in the Punchbowl 13 hr Priorities 21
New Lenox Fire Department tax hike flops. 13 hr Priorities 91

Orland Park Jobs

Personal Finance

Orland Park Mortgages