Film review: 'Wayward: The Prodigal S...

Film review: 'Wayward: The Prodigal Son' nicely shot, a little unrealistic

There are 1 comment on the Deseret News story from Feb 8, 2014, titled Film review: 'Wayward: The Prodigal Son' nicely shot, a little unrealistic. In it, Deseret News reports that:

Landon Henneman as Tyler McMillan with Walter Platz as Farley in "Wayward: The Prodigal Son," featured at the 2014 LDS Film Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deseret News.

Mike

South Jordan, UT

#1 Feb 10, 2014
I didn't see this film, but quite a few of the films suffered from Stage-Acting syndrome. What may work well on the Hale Center stage, is not appropriate for film.Overacting, for short. And the directors can't seem to beat that out of their actors. The writing often had awkward jumps in character motivations and story lines. That said, I got exactly what I expected from the festival and overall I enjoyed it. If not for the festival, many of these folks would have no venue to screen their works and craft their skills further. For that I thank them. The panel discussions were great. And packed. JD Payne (upcoming writer of Star Trek III) expounded greatly on the subject of writing scripts and rewriting ad infinitum. Good advice.
Oddly, the film that worked most for me was Orc Wars. yeah, I know... but done for $100M less than all those other blockbuster films, this proved to be a fun romp in Orcland. I got more than I expected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Cadence Chiropractic Mon Kay Hanna GED FAIL 2
Trump (May '16) Oct 1 pearl street 2
10 wifes in utah Oct 1 madsen 1
tipton Sep 30 katrina 1
Joseph Smith was a fraud (Sep '14) Sep 30 jazz music 4
News Utah high school band performs in Cuba (May '15) Sep 30 randy 2
ancestry ... Sep 30 chris 2

Orem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance