Scout neckwear ties carver to world

There are 16 comments on the Deseret Morning News story from Oct 17, 2007, titled Scout neckwear ties carver to world. In it, Deseret Morning News reports that:

“It's been a great, great experience.”

Often when people stop to talk with Bill Burch, their first question is "What's the count up to now?" The question refers to the total number of bolo ties the master carver has whittled over his five-decade ... via Deseret Morning News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deseret Morning News.

J Marchant

Renton, WA

#1 Feb 27, 2008
How can I purchase a bolo for my step-son as a gift at his Eagle court of Honor??
John

Spokane, WA

#2 Apr 14, 2008
I had the pleasure of meeting and watching Mr. Burch this weekend, and purchased bolos for both myself and my son. The numbers on the back of our bolos are 45,543 and 45,727. And he probably carved about 50 of them this weekend.
G Stone

Central Point, OR

#3 Apr 30, 2009
I have one of a white mustached army colonel that I earn from Bill at Camp Meriwether when he saw myself and a few other boys cleaning up an area. Mine is numbered 17,220.
Gary Dollar

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Jun 16, 2009
J Marchant wrote:
How can I purchase a bolo for my step-son as a gift at his Eagle court of Honor??
My name is Gary Dollar and I travel with Bill to various scout events. You can send me an email and I will forward Bill's order form so you can purchase a bolo tie.
Rich Hawes

Omaha, NE

#5 Aug 4, 2009
Gary:

I too am looking for a bolo tie of Bill's. I had the pleasure of meeting and working with him at PTC back in 1978. I have a neckerchief slide of his still, but have lost the "old Scoutmaster" bolo that he gave me at the time. I was on staff at the Rocky Mountain Scout Camp when he served during a week at PTC. An order form would be much appreciated, along with a "hello" to Bill.

Yours in Scouting, Rich
Cindy Karlson

Boise, ID

#7 Feb 3, 2010
Could you please send me an order form for bill's bolo's Ilove them and his spirit of scouting.
Jeff Johnson

Loveland, CO

#8 Jul 12, 2010
Gary Dollar wrote:
<quoted text> My name is Gary Dollar and I travel with Bill to various scout events. You can send me an email and I will forward Bill's order form so you can purchase a bolo tie.
Gary,

I was at Philmont two weeks ago and would like to acquire several bolo's from you. Can you email me the best way to do this. I am looking at acquiring 30-90 bolo's.
Patty Ransom

Seattle, WA

#9 Oct 15, 2010
Gary Dollar wrote:
<quoted text> My name is Gary Dollar and I travel with Bill to various scout events. You can send me an email and I will forward Bill's order form so you can purchase a bolo tie.
Gary,
My husband and oldest son have B.B. Bolos and I would LOVE to get one more for my younger son and future Eagle Scout. Is it at all possible to get an order form? Thank you so very, VERY much!
Patty Ransom
410 Jadwin Ave.
Richland, WA 99352
patty.ransom@gmail.com
Allan Campbell

Lake Oswego, OR

#10 Dec 17, 2010
J Marchant wrote:
I am also looking for the order form please.

4allancampbell@gmail.com
Jeff N

Arvada, CO

#11 Nov 13, 2011
I was lucky enough to get a handful from my Grandfather who was a scout director in Spokane. The earliest number that I have is 4,577. He also gave me one that is a guy in a chef hat but on the back it has the initials CEL and the number 44. Does anyone have any idea who that is? The carving looks identical to Bill's work.
caleb homer

Rock Springs, WY

#12 Dec 8, 2012
Gary Dollar wrote:
How do i get ahold of you gary to get some infomation about bill and your slides
guy

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Jan 25, 2013
Chuck Loveless he now lives Spanish Fork Utah
Jeff N wrote:
I was lucky enough to get a handful from my Grandfather who was a scout director in Spokane. The earliest number that I have is 4,577. He also gave me one that is a guy in a chef hat but on the back it has the initials CEL and the number 44. Does anyone have any idea who that is? The carving looks identical to Bill's work.
guy

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Jan 25, 2013
Chuck Loveless in now lives Spanish Fork Utah
Stefanie Ward

United States

#16 May 23, 2014
My name is Stefanie Ward, formerly Stefanie Kirkendall. I grew up on Spokane and my brothers had Bill as a scout Master. Iam now serving as the Stake Primary President and am planning our 11 yr old camp out. This year I really want to thank our leaders in an amazing way and remembered Bill and his incredible Bolos from my youth. I have about 25 leaders and would be deeply grateful for any help I can get to round up some Bolos! Any assistance would be so much appreciated!
Gary Gill

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Jul 21, 2014
I have about 15 Bill Burch bolo ties that I would like to sell if anyone is interested. They are still in their sealed plastic containers.
Mark Nielsen

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Jul 25, 2014
Gary Gill wrote:
I have about 15 Bill Burch bolo ties that I would like to sell if anyone is interested. They are still in their sealed plastic containers.
I've seen these around for years, but I still don't have one. I'd be really interested in getting one(or 3)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
higher cosciosness coincidences (Nov '13) 5 hr gab 311
Debate: Marijuana - American Fork, UT (Sep '10) Apr 10 Philip Galbreath 13
Review: Engine Dynamics Utah Apr '15 nenana325 1
Boycott? Mar '15 Curious 1
News Golden retriever bill defeated Mar '15 laura 1
News Vision Security Barred From Selling Service in ... Mar '15 RGWeir 1
anyone into these bands who would like to talk? Jan '15 deathmetalfan01092 1
More from around the web

Orem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE