Man Goes Missing, Adding Another Trag...

Man Goes Missing, Adding Another Tragedy to Family

Posted in the Oregon Forum

newsrat

Jefferson City, MO

#1 Jan 3, 2008
http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detai...

SKIDMORE, Mo.-- It's a bizarre disappearance. It's almost like Branson Perry, 20, disappeared off the face of the earth.

A sweet but shy boy who loved the outdoors. That's how Klino remembers her son, Branson Perry.

It's been almost seven years, and still she's no closer to having any answers about what happened

"The police do believe there is foul play involved, but no one is willing to talk or come forward with information right now," said Klino.

A friend said Branson took some jumper cables out to the shed behind the house and never returned.

Klino said the holiday's are the hardest time.

"You put on a face and try to make it through it and don't let your emotions bring everyone else down," she said.

Over the years it was difficult for his mother to keep her son's story in the news. But then stranger offered to help. Branson's mom calls her an angel. That stranger was a woman named Linda. She set up a new website, sites on MySpace and Facebook. She got Branson on missing persons websites and on the America's Most Wanted website

"She's been pretty much a godsend," said Klino. "It's not something I can handle doing very long at a time."

It's almost hard to believe a thing like this could happen in small town America. But Skidmore is known for making headlines. An infamous town bully was murdered in 1981 in broad daylight. The case remains unsolved. And more recently, Bobbie Jo Stinnet, murdered for her unborn baby.

But Branson's family in particular is close to tragedy. Bobbi Jo Stinnet's husband, Zeb, is Branson's cousin. Another of Branson's cousins, Wendy Gillenwater, was beaten to death by her boyfriend.

"You almost wonder if you believe in curses," Klino said. "Does our family have a curse? But I don't believe in curses though."

Klino can't think about curses because she's still hoping for a happy ending.

"I pray that he's still out there and I pray he'll come home," she said

Branson's family is offering a $10,000 reward for information.

http://www.bransonperry.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oregon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the best athletes from Mound City school... (Oct '07) Jan '17 Proud Dad 23
Thompson's Dirty Little Secret (Mar '09) Jul '16 Notjohnneiderhouse 82
Someone has to know something (Jul '16) Jul '16 Anonymous 1
Looking for info (Oct '15) Oct '15 Sherri Ingram 1
Horney and loney woman in Mounds City. (Jun '15) Sep '15 DrLove 2
beware of the crooked, scandalous local contractor (Aug '14) Jan '15 Otis1 2
texting (Jul '14) Dec '14 Cpv 2

Oregon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oregon Mortgages