Disgruntled Man Moves Parked Car: Dis...

Disgruntled Man Moves Parked Car: Disgruntled Man Moves Parked Car

There are 155 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 2, 2009, titled Disgruntled Man Moves Parked Car: Disgruntled Man Moves Parked Car. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Washington Township man, apparently disgruntled about people parking cars in front of his home, hopped in someone else's running vehicle on his block, revved the engine and moved the car about 20 feet as the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Amused Crack-er

Bethlehem, PA

#28 Feb 2, 2009
Why did the people leave the car running while they were inside the house? It would've been funnier if the guy moved the car a few miles down the road and then left it!
Focus

Schnecksville, PA

#29 Feb 2, 2009
Are the Kovalchick's going to be charged for leaving their car running? I thought that is illegal too.
rooftop

Bethlehem, PA

#30 Feb 2, 2009
idiots.....anyone who agrees with this guy is as smart as a parking pad....and code of honor....even dumber! people are whiners when they ask the law to handle a jerk....
Amused Crack-er

Bethlehem, PA

#31 Feb 2, 2009
Joe the worker guy wrote:
As for parking in front of your house, who more deserves to park there? You can have one family on a block parking up the whole street with a fleet of scrap box cars while mother's have to carry small children and groceries for blocks. In many neighborhoods there is a code of honor to not park in front of other people's homes. Do on to others as you would have done to your self. OK the guy was wrong to move the car but the others were wrong to call the police on him. The couple who left the car running with the keys in it were just as wrong as there are laws against that too.
<quoted text>
I know TOO well what you mean. There is a guy who lives a couple doors down from me who has 5 or so vehicles. At one time, he had 8 and parked up almost the entire block! It's not too bad now, but for how limited the parking is, he usually has 4 vehicles on the street. My neighbor is just an idiot and when she parks, it's almost in the middle of the spot! You can't park a car in front or behind her because they you would block driveways. Needless to say, when I have company over, it is next to impossible for them to park in front of my house due to the idiot who can't park and the other one with too many cars.

People are stupid and inconsiderate, all the same.
East Bethlehem Resident

Bethlehem, PA

#32 Feb 2, 2009
I use to do this to rookie co-workers. They would warm up their car and go inside for a few minutes and I would move the car to a different spot in the lot just to screw with them. I guess I got away with "theft by unlawful taking, attempted theft of a motor vehicle, criminal mischief and other crimes"

“Matthew 5:10”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown

#33 Feb 2, 2009
Who has the right wrote:
Lets collect for his bail /attorney fees. I agree w/him,there are times I would like to do that. No one has respect for home owners these days.
No home owner owns the street in front of his/her home. This guy was wrong and he should be punished accordingly.
West End Resident

Allentown, PA

#34 Feb 2, 2009
From the article: "For allegedly burning out [???] in someone else's car, Jonathan Andrews, 48, of 3465 Main St.,... Police said that about 5:35 p.m., Brenda and Michael Kovalchick of Orefield parked their car in front of 3469 Main St....

What's up with the address difference ? Were they in front of his house, or not ?

Also "burning out" =?

Since: Feb 07

Weatherly, PA

#35 Feb 2, 2009
For the last time, if it is a public street, anyone can park in front of your house unless it is a 2hr zone or other permit parking. YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO THE SPOT IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE.

UGH.
Nate

Cambridge, MA

#36 Feb 2, 2009
There are a lot of people one here who fail to mention or realize that this moron was drunk. So if you think he casually walked outside in a joking manner and moved a car twenty feet and then walked back inside without causing a spastic and vulgar scene you need to learn how to understand what you are reading. Also if a drunk guy thinks its funny to hop in my car and move it you better believe I would call the police.
LV Emigrate

Virginia Beach, VA

#37 Feb 2, 2009
Ole Johnboy is lucky he didn't catch a beat down after he got out of the car......cuz he sure was a prime candidate for an a$$ whoopin..
BOB

Allentown, PA

#38 Feb 2, 2009
Hope you Tivo'ed the Super Bowl, Johnny!
Waddadick.
mail man

Columbia, SC

#39 Feb 2, 2009
This dude is a nut job, but this story does raise concerns about limited parking near residences. I think the space immediately in front of your house should be yours to park. That a$$hole who parks 4-8 cars on a street should have his vehicles towed. Thats just plain inconsiderate and he is the reason for the parking mess.
West End Resident

Allentown, PA

#40 Feb 2, 2009
This apparently happened in the quaint little village of Emerald. Andrews' house - 3465 Main - is a twin; the neighbors' house - 3469 Main - is a single. You can probably picture it now.
Hands Up

Easton, PA

#41 Feb 2, 2009
We pay money for this?
Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hole.

I can feel the money slipping out of my pocket already.

Stupid American People for allowing this to happen.

Hail to the new police state!
SER

Easton, PA

#42 Feb 2, 2009
Just reading some of the stupid comments makes it quite clear to me why we need more police.
Anon

Bethlehem, PA

#43 Feb 2, 2009
Joe Anybody wrote:
I don't blame him. I live in Allentown and the P.R. trash double park ILLEGALLY all the time. People are so lazy. Park the car LEGALLY and walk you lazy scum.
You are an idiot, since when is Kolvacheck a Hispanic name? And where in the story did it say he was double parked? This guy seems to think he owns the street in front of his house and nobody is allowed to park there, and you are just looking for an excuse to write racist remarks even when there is no relevance!
joe

Catasauqua, PA

#44 Feb 2, 2009
only if they were parked in the street in front of a driveway would it be illegal
A Mom

Slatington, PA

#45 Feb 2, 2009
But nobody is allowed to park in front of his house. The whole main street in Emmerald is no parking. And that is for safety reasons. The street is narrow and near this area is a sharp curve. Not that I agree with what he did, but the people who do park there should have been fined also.
Scarletts Plantation

Palmerton, PA

#47 Feb 2, 2009
Nate wrote:
There are a lot of people one here who fail to mention or realize that this moron was drunk. So if you think he casually walked outside in a joking manner and moved a car twenty feet and then walked back inside without causing a spastic and vulgar scene you need to learn how to understand what you are reading. Also if a drunk guy thinks its funny to hop in my car and move it you better believe I would call the police.
Good thing he didn't throw up or urinate in the vehicle.
You Have No Right

Bethlehem, PA

#48 Feb 2, 2009
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT to get into someone's personal vehicle! I would have FLIPPED out if I saw that happening in front of my eyes! That takes ALOT of nerve, I dont give a crap HOW angry you are about parking in front of your house, once again that "Main Street" IS NOT YOUR PROPERTY! Talk about anger management problem---so what if you are mad, there are PLENTY of things that make me mad and alot of other people out there.. but they are called "normal" people and dont react in stupid f'up ways of helping yourself into someones car etc, because of your problem you have. Its where you live!! Get this--I can't park in front of my work building I have to park in a parking garage and walk about 2 blocks to my workplace--so what do you think I should do about that because I'm pissed about not being able to park where I work. I mean seriouly that guy deserved everything he got!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman dies after walking in front of truck on I-78 (Jun '09) May 10 Richard Kranium 6
News What About Bobby Bones? (Jun '17) Apr '18 paula smarr 11
News Woman arrested for snorting coke with child in car (Aug '14) Apr '18 WNC 20
News Fastnachts: Where to buy them in the Lehigh Valley Mar '18 Reggie Pinetti 12
News Fire destroys 25 school buses, closing Pa. scho... Mar '18 weapon X 12
News Fire damages or destroys over 25 school buses; ... Feb '18 Pardon Pard 3
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Jan '18 UnDoc Risha 29

Orefield Jobs

Personal Finance

Orefield Mortgages