Disgruntled Man Moves Parked Car: Disgruntled Man Moves Parked Car

Full story: The Morning Call

A Washington Township man, apparently disgruntled about people parking cars in front of his home, hopped in someone else's running vehicle on his block, revved the engine and moved the car about 20 feet as the ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of155
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
megg

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 2, 2009
 
Ha ha ha!!! What an idiot!!!
Billy

Fall River, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 2, 2009
 
pretty busy guy....
Fester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 2, 2009
 
His actions are completely understandable.
Mongrels are cool

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 2, 2009
 
OMG...that is SO funny!! I can totally understand why someone could be pushed to that point.
understood

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 2, 2009
 
Well the cops don't do anything about it. Double parking is illegal too. Did the perp get a ticket too or were they just whining crying babies? Tattle tales! I don't blame this guy at all. Go down 17th St in Allentown at 5PM sometime. See how many cars are double parked...usually right next to an open spot. Lazy effers!
Mack

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 2, 2009
 
The article doesn't say anyone was double parked or otherwise illegally parked, so I assume he was just mad that people parked in front of his house as the article states. He does not own the street in front of his house. Sounds like he deserved arrest.
JDW

New Tripoli, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 2, 2009
 
Mack wrote:
The article doesn't say anyone was double parked or otherwise illegally parked, so I assume he was just mad that people parked in front of his house as the article states. He does not own the street in front of his house. Sounds like he deserved arrest.
I agree. It never says he double parked and i never thought that when i read the article. And he doesnt own the street, if he want to have a spot to park his car, buy a house with a garage or somewhere where you have a driveway.
Scarletts Plantation

Albrightsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 2, 2009
 
JDW wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It never says he double parked and i never thought that when i read the article. And he doesnt own the street, if he want to have a spot to park his car, buy a house with a garage or somewhere where you have a driveway.
I agree with a move for this cowboy but don't agree with how he handled it.
Scarletts Plantation

Albrightsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 2, 2009
 
best interests wrote:
Ricans blare their music at the gas station with no regard for others
Not only at gas stations...
Jason

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 2, 2009
 
He's lucky he wasn't shot. Seriously.
Joe the worker guy

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 2, 2009
 
Well in many places you do own the road in front of your house, you just don't have any "right" to it. When I was a kid my parents had the house they owned in south Whitehall surveyed and found the property line went to the double yellow line in the middle of the street. They paid property taxes for like 40 years for public use land. I have never had my property surveyed, I am not sure I want to know how much of the road I pay for with every tax.

As for parking in front of your house, who more deserves to park there? You can have one family on a block parking up the whole street with a fleet of scrap box cars while mother's have to carry small children and groceries for blocks. In many neighborhoods there is a code of honor to not park in front of other people's homes. Do on to others as you would have done to your self. OK the guy was wrong to move the car but the others were wrong to call the police on him. The couple who left the car running with the keys in it were just as wrong as there are laws against that too.
Mack wrote:
The article doesn't say anyone was double parked or otherwise illegally parked, so I assume he was just mad that people parked in front of his house as the article states. He does not own the street in front of his house. Sounds like he deserved arrest.
M Jones

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 2, 2009
 
TEMPER, TEMPER, TEMPER
Who has the right

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 2, 2009
 
Lets collect for his bail /attorney fees. I agree w/him,there are times I would like to do that. No one has respect for home owners these days.
from the inside

Rahway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 2, 2009
 
Smart move. This will be an expensive lesson. It won't be cheaper for him because he is not a PR.
TinFoilHatsAreOv erated

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 2, 2009
 
Right out of an old Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy movie. Not nearly as funny as when on screen though.
JOKE

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 2, 2009
 
The article said .... "He sped away about 20 feet". Am I the only one who finds this funny that he "sped" away 20 feet.
emjoy

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 2, 2009
 
So this guy lives out in the townships, where the houses do not share a wall. He lives in relative quiet, and all he asks is that people respect that choice. But people visiting his neighbor can't seem to park in front of his neighbor's house, and leave their motors running, to boot. We are not told whether or not he has taken this up with his neighbor or with any of the people who habitually park in front of his house. Obviously, there is plenty of room for people to pull up to the correct address. He was able to move the car 20 feet without interference..

“I get to see an Angel everyday”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Feb 2, 2009
 
Joe the worker guy wrote:
Well in many places you do own the road in front of your house, you just don't have any "right" to it. When I was a kid my parents had the house they owned in south Whitehall surveyed and found the property line went to the double yellow line in the middle of the street. They paid property taxes for like 40 years for public use land. I have never had my property surveyed, I am not sure I want to know how much of the road I pay for with every tax.
As for parking in front of your house, who more deserves to park there? You can have one family on a block parking up the whole street with a fleet of scrap box cars while mother's have to carry small children and groceries for blocks. In many neighborhoods there is a code of honor to not park in front of other people's homes. Do on to others as you would have done to your self. OK the guy was wrong to move the car but the others were wrong to call the police on him. The couple who left the car running with the keys in it were just as wrong as there are laws against that too.
<quoted text>
Deserves and legal are two different things. You may DESERVE the spot, but it is not yours. You do not have a right to the street. You cannot dictate parking arrangements. Buy a home with a garage or rent a townhome with assigned parking.

Besides, I could almost understand his frustration if someone had parked there overnight. These people left the car running while they ran their kid inside. This guy is pathetic. If that had been my car, it would've been worse than the cops. I would've drug him out of my car and beat the crap out of him. Period. He has no business whatsoever touching someone else's property let alone getting into it and driving it.
American

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 2, 2009
 
Despite what you whining people with a false sense of entitlement believe...

YOU DO NOT OWN THE PARKING SPOT ON A PUBLIC STREET!!!!

Don't like it? MOVE!!!

Sounds like this man is a grouchy piece of horses*it. He should be put to sleep like an old dog.

“I get to see an Angel everyday”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 2, 2009
 
emjoy wrote:
So this guy lives out in the townships, where the houses do not share a wall. He lives in relative quiet, and all he asks is that people respect that choice. But people visiting his neighbor can't seem to park in front of his neighbor's house, and leave their motors running, to boot. We are not told whether or not he has taken this up with his neighbor or with any of the people who habitually park in front of his house. Obviously, there is plenty of room for people to pull up to the correct address. He was able to move the car 20 feet without interference..
IT IS NOT HIS CAR TO TOUCH OR MESS WITH. PERIOD.

HE DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DICTATE WHO PARKS WHERE. PERIOD.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of155
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Orefield Discussions

Search the Orefield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 17 min PA Dem 3,517
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 28 min Donald Rumsfeld 51,327
Allentown overcharged suburbs more than $2.1 mi... Fri silly rabbit 1
Upper Nazareth woman stole $94,000 from employe... (Mar '09) Apr 17 hespartofit 74
Credit cards woes coming to a head (Nov '08) Mar 26 Henrieta 179
Police: Couple took four children on shopliftin... Mar '14 silly rabbit 1
Report: KidsPeace teens had sex (Feb '09) Mar '14 concerned 55
•••
•••

Orefield News Video

•••
•••

Orefield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orefield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••