Feline's fortune flips -- themorningcall.com

Max the cat, exhibiting classic feline disdain for his burgeoning celebrity, sauntered into the living room of Kathryn Gress' Orefield home and sprawled in front of a poster-sized drawing of himself. Full Story
Theresa

Emmaus, PA

#1 Aug 7, 2007
I want to thank the Mr Sheehan and Morning Call for writing this wonderful story about our former rescue cat, Max.

Max touched my family as well as the other volunteers associated with the Cat Shack. I'm very happy to know that Max continues to reach people through his work at the Gresses ranch in the Lehigh Valley and beyond.

I hope the other Morning Call readers enjoy this upbeat story about a little cat's rise from trash to treasure!

Thank you,
Theresa
Cat Shack volunteer
www.thecatshack.com

Since: Mar 07

Allentown, PA

#2 Aug 7, 2007
Why all these dog & cat stories lately?
Has MCALL been bought by the ASPCA or PETA?

The dead dog "investigated" by police,
The kennel survey story,
The "Max" the cat story,.....
The Clifford Family

Beverly, NJ

#3 Aug 7, 2007
What a wonderful coverage your paper did on Max. His story of abandament is not unique in city neighborhoods. Our daughter and the other members of the Catshack group do a wonderful job of rescuing and placing these animals that would otherwise not survive. We hope that Max's story would encourage people to seek other solutions to pets that no longer fit into family plans. Spay/neuter programs go a long way to keeping the pet population under control and help to stop the starvation and suffering of abandoned animals.
Keep up the good work Morning Call of informing people of alternatives and showing how results can be positive for all concerned.

The Clifford Family
troopersmom

Quakertown, PA

#4 Aug 7, 2007
Kathy & Ben-what a great story to hear about Max. It's great to hear he's doing so well and helping people in the process too. What you and your organization are doing is a wonderful thing and it's always good to read stories like this. Keep up the great work you all are doing. I hope Max wins! He's got my vote.

Readers please check out Kathy & Ben Gress's website by clicking on the link at the end of the article. You'll understand then why these stories make the paper - worthwhile reading for sure.
speedtats

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Aug 7, 2007
At least some news has a happy ending.
JRS

Allentown, PA

#6 Aug 7, 2007
Two years ago, a woman brought 2 female kittens to my daughter's girl scout meeting. The kitties were sisters and part of a family of cats found living under an abandoned truck. These two were still unadopted.

Well, I said "OK". These two cats made a wonderful addition to our family. I have no regrets!
lllfmem

Exton, PA

#7 Aug 7, 2007
This is an awesome story! Thanks to Theresa and her family for rescuing the cat, and to Kathy and Ben for giving him a home. The Cat Shack has many cats up for adoption with similar stories who are looking for forever homes (check them out on Petfinder.com ) They are doing an GREAT job there!!! Thanks MC for printing some positve stories!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There's gold in them thar jewelry boxes (Mar '08) Jan 7 maryjaneprincton 8
KidsPeace told to make changes -- themorningcal... (Sep '07) Dec 31 Red 214
Allentown City Council approves appointment of ... Dec '14 silly rabbit 1
Clover Hill's Concord wine takes top honors at ... (Jan '08) Dec '14 marcb0127t 20
Christmas Lighting Judging Dec '14 Ben Powell 1
162nd Great Allentown Fair opens Nov '14 silly rabbit 40
Texting may cause neck and spine injury Nov '14 Chiropractor From... 17

Orefield News Video

Orefield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orefield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News