Auxiliary to disband after settling w...

Auxiliary to disband after settling with social club

There are 16 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 17, 2009, titled Auxiliary to disband after settling with social club. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A social club composed of Whitehall Township firefighters settled a dispute with its ladies auxiliary group over $26,000 in fundraising money, but the conflict has caused the auxiliary group to disband.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Dan

United States

#1 Jan 17, 2009
Just sounds like alot of egos were trying to be in charge !
Bethlehem

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Jan 17, 2009
Yeh at the firehouse seems they wanted to monies their way. Wish the ladies luck and hope they don't give 1 red cent to the firehouse. See where they get their money now.
Bethlehem

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Jan 17, 2009
sorry the monies
Fundraising under Guise

Salfordville, PA

#5 Jan 17, 2009
Wasn't the Ladies Auxiliary of Laurel Fire Company No. 1 established to support the fire company? Why would they solicit donations and expect people to give to the fire co aux only to find money given elsewhere? I just think it was wrong to raise money under the guise of supporting the fire company. I give to many charities. When I go to the Cementon Fair any buy an apple dumpling from their stand, I am doing so for the fire company. Likewise, it would not be right if firefighters collecting doantions along the streets would not provided that money to the fire company. Do not raise money under the guise of an organization if the majority of the money does not support that organization. I suspect they have a Charter states their purpose.
Supporter

Augusta, NJ

#6 Jan 17, 2009
Now the greedy fire company gets to have its own bake sales and other events. They'll realize soon enough that they made a huge mistake in demanding all of the money from the Auxiliary.

I wish the women of the Auxiliary well and would love to see them still raising money for the other charities they support.
RonMania

Sellersville, PA

#7 Jan 17, 2009
Fantastic news WOMEN ARE DISBANDING!! Could this be a national trend?? A return to sanity & intelligence that will lead us all to a bright future?? Let us pray.
tired of it

Bethlehem, PA

#8 Jan 17, 2009
Its about time Mr.Hozza and Whitehall Township step in and do something about this corrupt Fire Company.They are nothing more than an embarrisment to Cementon and all of the other firemen in Whitehall.Greed is what makes up this group,not hard work.I
suggest they dispand now and let the other Fire Companies take their place
Fundraising under Guise

Salfordville, PA

#9 Jan 17, 2009
Supporter wrote:
Now the greedy fire company gets to have its own bake sales and other events. They'll realize soon enough that they made a huge mistake in demanding all of the money from the Auxiliary.
I wish the women of the Auxiliary well and would love to see them still raising money for the other charities they support.
Your missing the point Mam. Raising money as the Laurel Fire Co Aux and then wanting to disperse most of the money elsewhere is misleading and inappropriate. The aux is using the fire company as a ploy for people to give. If we were talking about an organization call Cementon Madams then they can do what they want with the funding. A fire company aux is just that.

How was money used in the past?
Just curious

Salfordville, PA

#10 Jan 17, 2009
Didn't the Laurel fire company build a new building or addition. Who is paying for that? Isn't that why they need the money more than before? If so, I do not think that is greedy. I think it is understandable if are driven by the expense of the new building. I think the main mission should be the fire company, but it may be ok to give elsewhere so long as priorities are set and the mission is disclosed upfront.

Since: Jun 08

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jan 18, 2009
now this is sad i thought all the money i gave to the woman's auxiliary went to help the fire company... now i will not attend any more of their functions...
good bye auxiliary

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jan 18, 2009
What it comes down to is the fact the people are misled. When someone goes to a bake sale, a spaghetti dinner, buys hoagies, etc. they believe their money is helping the fire company. A lot of people will have the laides keep the change or donate extra while purchasing their items. When in fact the ladies can decide where the money goes. So actually barely any of the money could end up going the fire company in the ladies' eyes. This is very misleading!!!!

So the bottom line is the greedy auxiliary just hurt the fire company more then they ever helped them.

My fire company back home had the ladies disband as well and it was the best thing the Fire Company could have ever had happen to them. I'm not saying all Ladies' Auxilaries out there are bad, but a lot of them have disbanded!
Good Night Ladies

Allentown, PA

#14 Jan 18, 2009
So now who's going to make up the sandwiches to fill the Fire Dept. frig? And do they have to fetch their own beer too? I quit!
Too Bad Brenda

Allentown, PA

#15 Jan 18, 2009
Its rather sad the Ladies were nothing more than a name. The President and its memembers didnt live anywhere near Cementon. The whole thing started when the Fire Company needed financial records from the Ladies who refused to give it to them. Additionally the ladies entered the fire company during a social event and removed all sorts of equipment. The fire company felt as if they were being taken advantage of and took action. GOOD FOR THEM! The ladies are nothing more than a bunch of old troublemakers who lack the social skills needed to work with others.
I understand they have set their sights on the Fullerton crew (watch your pesos) by hanging around and helping out. I wish them good luck!
If ever there was a need for an AG investigation, it is BK and her gang of black widows!
Fries with That

Allentown, PA

#16 Jan 18, 2009
tired of it wrote:
Its about time Mr.Hozza and Whitehall Township step in and do something about this corrupt Fire Company.They are nothing more than an embarrisment to Cementon and all of the other firemen in Whitehall.Greed is what makes up this group,not hard work.I
I agree, remove every Fire Officer in the Township and START OVER! Merge stations and set strict SOPs!
Fries with That

Allentown, PA

#17 Jan 18, 2009
Bethlehem wrote:
Yeh at the firehouse seems they wanted to monies their way. Wish the ladies luck and hope they don't give 1 red cent to the firehouse. See where they get their money now.
You are retarded!
Fries with That

Allentown, PA

#18 Jan 18, 2009
tired of it wrote:
If you feel that strong about your ignorance, I suggest you go to the Township Meetings and mention that! Otherwise shut your beak!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allentown Man Fans Cash At Woman, She Tells Pol... (Dec '07) Jun 6 Wow 78
News Woman couldn't avoid hitting former Parkland co... (Jun '08) May 31 My sister 130
News Texting may cause neck and spine injury (Nov '14) May 29 Melisa 121
News NORC Poll: Voters interested, not excited about... May 28 WasteWater 1
News Macungie martial arts instructor charged with i... (Sep '11) May '16 Law guy 5
News Report: KidsPeace teens had sex (Feb '09) May '16 Goodmom01 60
News Is it Leather Corners, or Leather Corner Post? (Jan '06) Apr '16 Denno329 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orefield Mortgages