Gratitude for sacrifice

Allentown's Grand Patriotic Parade on Sunday paid tribute to veterans who served the armed forces in war and peace with the usual flags, floats and too few spectators. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tony K

Fleetwood, PA

#51 Nov 12, 2007
By the way smed, you one of those pcs of human waste that protest at the graves of our fallen soldiers? Don't get near a biker, you may fall off and hurt yourself.
Angie

AOL

#53 Nov 12, 2007
The Patriot wrote:
They won't come out to support the veterans but they sure came out in mass for the Puerto Rican Parade or the Hispanic Parade or whatever the correct name is now. But then again, that was for "their" country and this is not it..
Puerto Rice is part of this country.
Tony K

Fleetwood, PA

#54 Nov 13, 2007
The tet offensive was 68. More clear now. Tet in 70 was next to nothing. I just hope your head is confortable up there. I see you are on other threads going off subjuct, can you read and understand what you are reading?
Whats with Smedley

AOL

#55 Nov 13, 2007
This country has freedoms that let Smedley protest the war we are now in.
When we take away those freedoms we invite more protestors.
The French tried to be occupiers in Indo China and Algeria. They failed, and De Gaulle advised Kennedy not to get involved in Viet Nam. We didn't listen to him and we became the occupiers in the Vienamese eyes.
It's touch and go in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran.
When we start to look like occupiers instead of fighting for their freedom we will exit all these countries.

Since: May 07

Allentown, PA

#56 Nov 13, 2007
A VERY Proud Marine Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I am completely ok with the fact that my husband is over there for the holidays, does it suck well yes but are we getting over it yes. We have bought a tree to send we are making cards etc. Do I need to explain myself or my life to you? NO. My 3 year old does not understand why but Im sure if you had a three year old they would get what a war is right??? Never once would I say STOP THE WAR BRING HIM HOME FOR CHRISTMAS.. I simply said EXPLAIN TO MY DAUGHTER WHY, all I can tell her is Daddy is away helping Santa take care of other kids in Iraq. Is that dumb yes Im sure it is but to a kid who all they understand is Santa and that part of Christmas that was all the answer she needed. Perhaps next time you would kindly not read into posts before jumping down peoples throats.
God bless your husband and all of his fellow soldiers and may they come home safe. Bless you and your little girl too and all of the military families.

I am grateful for the sacrifices you make. You may hate the war, but love the soldiers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr ED Swindell 51,458
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 17 hr Fast Eddie 3,992
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 19 hr Jeremy 183
Woman arrested for snorting coke with child in car Sep 10 silly rabbit 6
Shopping Scout: August 19, 2009 (Dec '09) Sep 8 hampsoneric0 7
Lawyer: Arrest video 'favorable' to Allentown p... Sep 8 silly rabbit 3
162nd Great Allentown Fair opens Sep 4 silly rabbit 33
•••

Orefield News Video

•••
•••

Orefield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••