If you can't beat corn costs, grow yo...

If you can't beat corn costs, grow your own

There are 27 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 7, 2008, titled If you can't beat corn costs, grow your own. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Three-quarters of a million turkeys eat a lot of corn, wheat and soybeans, and with the cost of food skyrocketing, that could ruffle some feathers for fowl producers who have to feed and sell them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dr Vinnie Boombatz

Allentown, PA

#24 Jul 7, 2008
"Jaindl also has evolved into a diverse company with land sales and real estate/rentals divisions."

Yeah, he's pluckin the turkeys, one way or the other
David-1206

Atlanta, GA

#25 Jul 7, 2008
Lower Mack wrote:
The Jaindl developments have provided jobs, no doubt, but it is inarguable that the Valley has become ugly as a result.
AND,David likes to say, and I've heard him say it more than once, "We are farmers first", that's a really dishonest thing to say
I wonder how often David wear overalls these days and drives a tractor out in the lower 40?
Citizen X

Allentown, PA

#26 Jul 7, 2008
Jaindl's developments provide a lot of jobs to the LV area. There are at least 6 people working in each of the mega humugo warehouses. And someone will eventually have the job of repairing the roads that the trucks tear up. Better than some ugly useless corn fields.
OMAR

Northampton, PA

#27 Jul 7, 2008
Let's see....sell the more profitable land for a lifestyle mall to a Philadedelphia outfit....buy other land for investment...call it a viable farm...and get all sorts of tax breaks.....then sell it in the future for developement......
farmers wife

San Francisco, CA

#28 Jul 7, 2008

When he says "we're farmers first", maybe he's trying to convince himself. He's raping more farmland every year for development & warehouses that just aren't needed. Tere are plenty of warehouses sittinig empty. Fill them up first. As my husband always says when farmland is ruined, "you can't eatg shingles & asphalt. Once the land is developed, it can never be reversed back to farmland.
People need to wake up.
Lower Mack wrote:
The Jaindl developments have provided jobs, no doubt, but it is inarguable that the Valley has become ugly as a result.
AND,David likes to say, and I've heard him say it more than once, "We are farmers first", that's a really dishonest thing to say
Pot Calling the Kettle-

Allentown, PA

#29 Jul 7, 2008
We all know that the Jaindl name is no friend to farmland. The only reason he's buying cornfields is because of this idiotic ethanol craze driving up the prices of corn stock and the real estate market being in the dumper. In another 5-10 years when the market turns around he'll be throwing up more townhomes and warehouses where those corn fields used to be. It doesn't take a genius to see that. I wouldn't want him to be my neighbor.
get rid of all of them

Pompton Plains, NJ

#30 Jul 7, 2008
he sold the land, built all these houses no one can pay for. he's a destroyer of the economy and the land, a real whoooore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kranium likes to sniff weapon xs farts Sat Red Rooster 1
News Woman dies after walking in front of truck on I-78 (Jun '09) May 10 Richard Kranium 6
News What About Bobby Bones? (Jun '17) Apr '18 paula smarr 11
News Woman arrested for snorting coke with child in car (Aug '14) Apr '18 WNC 20
News Fastnachts: Where to buy them in the Lehigh Valley Mar '18 Reggie Pinetti 12
News Fire destroys 25 school buses, closing Pa. scho... Mar '18 weapon X 12
News Fire damages or destroys over 25 school buses; ... Feb '18 Pardon Pard 3

Orefield Jobs

Personal Finance

Orefield Mortgages