Lowhill Township Orefield Man Killed ...

Lowhill Township Orefield Man Killed In Motorcycle Accident -- ...

There are 37 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 16, 2007, titled Lowhill Township Orefield Man Killed In Motorcycle Accident -- .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

An Lowhill Township man died Saturday after his motorcycle collided with another vehicle in the township, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
doobfourtwenty1

Salfordville, PA

#23 Sep 18, 2007
He was more a friend then my landlord. I'm gonna miss him.
Students

Allentown, PA

#24 Sep 18, 2007
I fully understand you for being upset about the situation.A man died, but you should be more sensitive when you comment about the driver of the SUV. You have no idea what happened because you werent there. I've seen her since the accident and she is absolutely devastated and she will never be the same. She can barely function. Show some sensitivity! Your comments might just be the thing that sends a young girl over the edge in an already vulnerable time. If you want to be responsible for her suicide go ahead! And just keep in mind everyone makes mistakes no matter their age and accidents happen every day. This is a horrible situation that nobody should have to go through. Our deepest sympathies to both parties!
Amused

United States

#25 Sep 18, 2007
Fran2sum wrote:
bash bash bash, I just was reading the article where a women from Lehighton crashed her car and dies (1 vehicle crash) and the posts were nothing but condolences, not one said anything negative, may she rest in peace. But when it is a motorcycle it is a "Harley and Helmut" issue. COME ON PEOPLE WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION, WE MOTORCYCLE RIDERS HAVE FAMILIES TOO!!!!! Slow down, stay in your lane and for God's sake PUT DOWN YOUR CELL PHONE!!!! We can not stop on a dime. we are on 2 wheels, we have no choice but to pay attention, quit taking chances with OUR lifes!!!!!!!! Wait for us to pass and then make your move.
Amen! You really hit the nail on the head.

I've had a few close calls this season while riding my cycle, and you know what? Almost all of them were because someone in a vehicle was on their cell phone. Others were just people who thought that since they were in an SUV or larger vehicle, they could tailgate me to scare me into going faster.

People MUST realize during nicer weather that there are motorcycles out there. Also, just because some are idiots and like to do wheelies (like on Rt. 145 or somehwere), MOST don't do that stuff.
Concerned

United States

#26 Sep 18, 2007
Claire wrote:
These little snot-noses walk away scot free from stuff like this. They rarely give a hang about the disaster and loss they've caused. Mommy and Daddy will fix it.
I go to the same school as her. She can't even come to school because she was so traumatized by it. She said to her best friend "i'm never going to forget it and what it must have done to his family". This will be with her for the rest of her life asshole. So change your perception on teenagers being thoughtless. She inadvertantly killed a man, and that's something even a "snot-nose" cant forget.
Marc

Hancocks Bridge, NJ

#27 Sep 18, 2007
leave the helmut/harley thing alone. please..it's your choice as an individual to wear one or not. guy was a joy to know, and his loss is saddening to everyone who knew him. pray for his family and friends no matter how it happenned.
Marc

Hancocks Bridge, NJ

#28 Sep 18, 2007
to comment again...after i sent my comments my page refreshed. i think its more than a little distasteful of the morning call to have a banner ad for "videos of hot girls on holiday" on their website at all, let alone on the same page as this discussion board. journalsitic intgerity goes out the window there.

“I am correct at times.”

Since: Jun 07

Easton

#29 Sep 19, 2007
Marc wrote:
to comment again...after i sent my comments my page refreshed. i think its more than a little distasteful of the morning call to have a banner ad for "videos of hot girls on holiday" on their website at all, let alone on the same page as this discussion board. journalsitic intgerity goes out the window there.
I was very sad to read about the loss of an obvious good man, father and mentor. And, To the family and close friends, I wish to offer my condolences.
2nd, MARC, I think maybe you should have your computer checked because I have been reading from this website for quite some time and never have encountered and ad banners in distaste.
3rd. Helmet law, I think they should re-enforce the helmet law(granted this guy had one on) but I don't buckle up while in my car and if i'm spotted with it off i'll get a ticket, but however we've got these people riding their crotch rockets with no protection(legally) Why can't i decide if i wish to protect myself with my seat belt just as cyclists can also decide for themselves to wear a helmet. I for one wear a helmat when i ride. But in my car I am in my own space and it should not be any one's business whether i am strapped down or not.

And again i and very sorry to the persons affected by this horrible tragedy.

“I am correct at times.”

Since: Jun 07

Easton

#30 Sep 19, 2007
Nope - no ad banner here. it just sounds like you've been surfing just one too many distasteful sites there, Marc.......................
Kathryn

Allentown, PA

#31 Sep 21, 2007
Claire wrote:
These little snot-noses walk away scot free from stuff like this. They rarely give a hang about the disaster and loss they've caused. Mommy and Daddy will fix it.
Are you kidding me?
I personally know the girl because she goes to my school and in my grade. you think that she wanted this to happen and that she doesn't care? wow, way to sterotype.
do not assume about people you do not know. She is one of the most caring people you would ever meet and is wrecked up by the fact that this happend. what bullshit. STOP ASSUMING
concerned 2

Allentown, PA

#32 Sep 21, 2007
sad wrote:
Actually this was caused by two speeding teenage girls. This was not his fault
It was only caused by one teenage girl. I go to her school, and lately everyone has been concerned about her and how this must be affecting her. It wasn't his fault at all, it was ruled an accident. No one was at fault.
rest in peace Guy<3
student 2

Allentown, PA

#33 Sep 21, 2007
I goto the same school as her and i think she is an amzing person. She obviously didnt mean to do it. It was an accident and she is devastated. Leave her alone for cryin out loud.
Thoughtforfood

Allentown, PA

#34 Sep 21, 2007
Claire wrote:
For everybody's clarification the road that Guy and the young lady who was driving on was a one-way street, and they were both coming around blind corners. It is unfortunate for both halves of this tragedy, we will all miss Guy and he will not soon be forgotten. However, this young woman will have to live with this forever...keep them in your prayers...they both need them.
Student

Allentown, PA

#35 Sep 21, 2007
Claire
Parker Ford, PA
|
Flag
|
Monday Sep 17

For your information you have absolutly no idea how that girl feels and how hard it will be for her to walk around for the rest of her life knowing that she ended someone elses life . And how hard its going to be for her to walk the halls of her school knowing that she killed the dad of a teacher and walk by her and know that, you think shes not going to care? its going to effect her for the rest of her life. You dont even know her so stop making assumptions about her and her life. everyone makes mistakes some are just harder to fix.
student

Allentown, PA

#36 Sep 21, 2007
as a matter of fact this girl goes to my school and no matter what your opinion of her she doesnt deserve the things that you are saying it was declared an accident people if it was a murder than she would be in court so keep your opinions to yourselves the professionals took care of this. this girl learned her lesson i also know the daughter of the man killed personally and i know she would not want you making this girl feel anymore guilty, its a tragedy both ways around she has to live out the rest of her days in our school knowing what she did. have a heart people i mean if your a caring person you wouldnt be saying the things you are. would you like to be the cause of another tragedy seriously her life is ruined as well she has to go through this is where your juvenial comments are heading you are adults right? becuase as of now im acting more mature than you. That girl is a sweetheart everyone makes mistakes adults and kids alike dont sterotype all teenagers because of a mistake. accidents happen and i was shocked when i heard about this mans death even before i knew who did it. im sorry to all those effected but please this girl is going through hell let her be. shes the one that has to live with it not you, you have no idea what shes going through.
Rory Ackley

Fogelsville, PA

#37 Sep 21, 2007
The Death of my father was a horrible tragedy in comparrison to the life he lived with joy and compassion for others. I want to thank those of you who have shared some beautifull stories about his life. It gives my family comfort to know how many lives he has touched.

I have also noticed some other comments in which people have speculated on how my father died. Unfortunately that brings up alot of issues and controversies some poeple feel the need to write about at the expense of people that loved him. Yes, among many thigs my dad was a biker. He was the quinessential bad **** biker that did'nt have a mean bone in his body. He loved the ride, not for the image or due to a mid life crises stunt, but simply because it made him feel free.

To those of you with hate in your heart, that feel the need to express yourself I ask you to please find another means to do so.
Concerned about lives

Fogelsville, PA

#38 Sep 23, 2007
Ed Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at the accident Dennis, Guy was wearing a helmet, it flew off of him from the impact
Not true, helmet was there, but not on, he always had it strapped to the back of the bike..I too was at the scene, don't spread false rumors. Speed had nothing to do with this.
Concerned about lives

Fogelsville, PA

#39 Sep 23, 2007
Let me add though that the helmet isn't the issue. That was his choice, he had that right whether to wear one or not. It does not mean I am insensitive to the man and he did not deserve to lose his life that day. Both parties in this devestating tragedy will live with this forever. My heart goes out to the families at this time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heart project beat the odds Sun life goes on 6
Hot dog Sep 18 Okay 1
News What About Bobby Bones? Aug '17 We Want Bobby 8
News 16-year-old convicted in accidental shooting of... Jul '17 weaponX 4
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Jun '17 Swamp Inhabitant ... 16
News Pa. man accused of showing up drunk at work get... Jun '17 Wow123434 1
News Driver with 4 pending DUI cases gets 5th case t... Jun '17 weaponX 5

Orefield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orefield Mortgages