Lowhill Township Orefield Man Killed ...

Lowhill Township Orefield Man Killed In Motorcycle Accident -- ...

There are 37 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 16, 2007, titled Lowhill Township Orefield Man Killed In Motorcycle Accident -- .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

An Lowhill Township man died Saturday after his motorcycle collided with another vehicle in the township, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 07

Allentown, PA

#1 Sep 16, 2007
If I were to guess, I'd say a Harley, and no helmet.

Sad.
Laurie Smith

Blue Bell, PA

#2 Sep 16, 2007
Apparently you have nothing better to do with your life then to spread your pathetic opinions when you don't even know what a wonderful, positive, amazing father, loving husband, and caring grandfather Guy was. Many people in our community are deeply saddened and affected by his death, and speaking for them please keep your negative nonsense to yourself. We will miss you Guy!
Dennis Mac is a Clown

Southfield, MI

#3 Sep 16, 2007
Agreed. A great man has passed. We need to keep our eye on the ball here. I always admired Guy. He was one of the few business men to keep a successful company in the heart of Allentown. I will remember him for his booming voice on his commercials, but more for his friendly way with people. My prayers go out to his family.
Tree_Huggin_Hipp ie

Andover, NJ

#4 Sep 16, 2007
Laurie Smith wrote:
Apparently you have nothing better to do with your life then to spread your pathetic opinions when you don't even know what a wonderful, positive, amazing father, loving husband, and caring grandfather Guy was. Many people in our community are deeply saddened and affected by his death, and speaking for them please keep your negative nonsense to yourself. We will miss you Guy!
Why is his/her opinion pathetic? I'm sorry the death has happened however the comment about the helmet is valid. I wondered the same thing when I first read this. So many motocycle deaths can be prevented if the state would pass a law requiring helmets.
I'm sorry that the world has lost another soul.
Dennis Mac is a Clown

Southfield, MI

#5 Sep 16, 2007
What is PATHETIC is the fact that he (along with the rest of us)that "Dennis Mac" comments on every article he reads (over 1,100 in the last 6 months) basically 150-200 comments per month! He, along with the rest of us, has no clue about the details of the accident. He has a right to his opionion, however to be the first person run to his PC to post a comment is lame. What is truely "sad" is his message board addiction, along with the turd from Topton who defends him (which is probably him again anyway...without using his screen name complete with gun picture)
Tree_Huggin_Hipp ie

Andover, NJ

#6 Sep 16, 2007
I'm not Dennis Mac. He's in Allentown (according to the ip record) and I am in Kutztown (even though it reads Topton).

I typically don't insult people on message boards and it's not my intent here however I'd like to point something out.

The fact that you pay so much attention to what another user has to say, how many comments that user has posted w/in said time frame has much to say about YOU. You're as pathetic as you claim Dennis Mac is.

Do you really concern yourself with someone who , according to you, runs to a PC to post a comment. What is lame is that fact that you pay attention to all these things.

So you are upset with Dennis Mac beucase he/she is the first one to make comments or are you upset w/ the content of the post?

Not that I need to explain myself but I was not defending anyone. Dennis Mac, or MacDonald or Joe effin Schmo brought up a good point. Was a helmet worn? That is a perfectly objective question. It's not biased.
greynomo

Walnutport, PA

#7 Sep 16, 2007
R.I.P. Guy! It was a shock to see this small blub in today's paper. I'm sure tomorrow's headline will be different. I'm shocked and saddened. The Valley has lost a valuable member. R.I.P.
sad

United States

#8 Sep 16, 2007
Actually this was caused by two speeding teenage girls. This was not his fault
greynomo

Walnutport, PA

#9 Sep 16, 2007
sad wrote:
Actually this was caused by two speeding teenage girls. This was not his fault
sad-I'm still sad. I think I knew Guy from the time I was born. I can't believe such an awful thing happened to him.
Alex D

Lawrenceville, GA

#11 Sep 16, 2007
As a childhood friend of his daughter, I know what a kind and generous man Guy was. This was terrible news to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Our Prayers

Whitehall, PA

#12 Sep 16, 2007
My families prayers go out to the Ackley's during this terrible time. A loss like this speaks to how precious life is - that it can be forever changed at anytime - a reminder to always let people know how important they are to you. May the family and friends of Guy find comfort in the joyous memories they hold of him.
manbearpig

Allentown, PA

#13 Sep 16, 2007
I remember his short lived show on WAEB "The Outraged Citizen" or something like that, he was outdoing Stern, Poor Emma Tropiano

RIP
CJG

AOL

#14 Sep 16, 2007
To the Ackley family and his collegues at the agency I will speak annonymously for all Guy's friends,business associates and former listners: God bless him and all who love him.
Ed Rider

Hatboro, PA

#16 Sep 17, 2007
Dennis Mac wrote:
If I were to guess, I'd say a Harley, and no helmet.
Sad.
I was at the accident Dennis, Guy was wearing a helmet, it flew off of him from the impact
Claire

Allentown, PA

#17 Sep 17, 2007
Another reason the driving age should be raised, and also why parents shouldn't give so much freedom to their stupid teenaged bints.
Claire

Allentown, PA

#18 Sep 17, 2007
These little snot-noses walk away scot free from stuff like this. They rarely give a hang about the disaster and loss they've caused. Mommy and Daddy will fix it.
Megan

Allentown, PA

#19 Sep 17, 2007
It does not necessarily mean he rode a Hrley or did not wear a helmet. I am an avid motorcyclist and one of my dear friends died this year from impact with a car...my friend DID have a helmet on. Just because some wonderful man has passed and it happened to be on a bike, does mean he was careless. ( time out of 10 , it is the cars at fault and helmet or not...a death may occur. It is a persons right to wear a helmet or not.
just joshin

Falls, PA

#20 Sep 17, 2007
Most of the motorcycles I hear about are caused by other careless drivers of vehicles. And then they have the nerve to trash all motorcylists! And it's his choice if he feels the need to wear a helmet or not. I for one wouldn't go out on a motorcycle without one for fear of all the idiots in vehicles!
just joshin

Falls, PA

#21 Sep 17, 2007
That is scary, I've been told that the helmets are made for not flying off on impact.
Ed Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at the accident Dennis, Guy was wearing a helmet, it flew off of him from the impact
Fran2sum

AOL

#22 Sep 18, 2007
bash bash bash, I just was reading the article where a women from Lehighton crashed her car and dies (1 vehicle crash) and the posts were nothing but condolences, not one said anything negative, may she rest in peace. But when it is a motorcycle it is a "Harley and Helmut" issue. COME ON PEOPLE WAKE UP AND PAY ATTENTION, WE MOTORCYCLE RIDERS HAVE FAMILIES TOO!!!!! Slow down, stay in your lane and for God's sake PUT DOWN YOUR CELL PHONE!!!! We can not stop on a dime. we are on 2 wheels, we have no choice but to pay attention, quit taking chances with OUR lifes!!!!!!!! Wait for us to pass and then make your move.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cosplay in Coplay, PA Apr 8 pervert panda 1
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Feb '17 TAG 12
News Two get probation in Pa. streetlight... Jan '17 silly rabbit 1
News Report: KidsPeace teens had sex (Feb '09) Dec '16 Bulldog mom 61
News Judge approves release of Dennis Gumbs (May '08) Dec '16 The real me 72
News Judicial candidates raised $357,000 for campaigns (Dec '07) Sep '16 silly rabbit 2
News Woman caught in compromising position outside Wawa (Sep '16) Sep '16 silly rabbit 3

Orefield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orefield Mortgages