There's a new slice in town: Deep-fri...

There's a new slice in town: Deep-fried pizza

There are 122 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 25, 2009, titled There's a new slice in town: Deep-fried pizza. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

But there are others that grip the imagination and demand immediate investigation, like my latest hot tip: A Wilson takeout shop called Pizza Snobz is serving deep-fried pizza! It was like dropping a deep-fried ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Pizza The Hut

Coal Township, PA

#1 Feb 25, 2009
thank god! Thats what the lehigh valley needs. more fat lazy rich slobs. We should start calling this area Jersey!
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#2 Feb 25, 2009
Doesn't sound like something I'd make a steady diet of, but I'd be willing to try it once out of curiosity. As for worrying about the fats, etc., if people normally eat a good, balanced diet I don't think going out, say, once a month or so for a piece of fried pizza is going to kill them.

Since: Mar 07

Harleysville, PA

#3 Feb 25, 2009
No self-respecting Scot would ever deep-fry a haggis.
a reader

United States

#4 Feb 25, 2009
Pachacutec wrote:
Doesn't sound like something I'd make a steady diet of, but I'd be willing to try it once out of curiosity. As for worrying about the fats, etc., if people normally eat a good, balanced diet I don't think going out, say, once a month or so for a piece of fried pizza is going to kill them.
I'm thinking basically the same thing here.... although I have to admit I am very curious about this deep fried pizza and I rarely eat deep fried anything. It just sounds good in a gross yummy way......... yeah........
justwrong

Northampton, PA

#5 Feb 25, 2009
fat food for fat people. ughhh.
Kate

United States

#6 Feb 25, 2009
All that fat is just not necessary...it would make me sick to my stomach..I never eat fried food. Gross...might as well just inject the pat into your arteries.

“Dirk Duncum”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown

#7 Feb 25, 2009
I admit to liking pizza but deep fried is unneccessary and I will not go out of my way to eat here.
give me more

Quakertown, PA

#8 Feb 25, 2009
Couldn't they put a picture of it on here. Or talk about the size of the slice vs the cost. What kind of food review is this?
Bigby

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 25, 2009
Yes, in london, there are little stands that you pay to deep fry anything.. A friend of mine's keys were deep fried after a night of drinking.. it was a funny deal

To add to this.. Deep frying pizza is not new in any sense of the world. First, the scottish have been doing this forever, and second... Down this way you have plenty of places that sell PANZAROTTI, which is really a deep fried pizza or calzone with a name...
Flyers Fan

Souderton, PA

#10 Feb 25, 2009
...and we wonder why America has an obesity problem.

Health insurance premiums are bad enough, this won't help.
Joe Friday

Slatington, PA

#11 Feb 25, 2009
aginghipster wrote:
I admit to liking pizza but deep fried is unneccessary and I will not go out of my way to eat here.
Come on Hippster I bet Bruno Sanmartino would give it a try, where is your quest for adventure??

“Allergic to stupid people”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#12 Feb 25, 2009
Sounds like a "heart-attack-on-a-stick " or more like "heart-attack-by-the-slic e".

We got one of their flyer in our office awhile back - the one that does sound really good, if I ever dare, is the "Tomato Allergy" Pizza- ricotta, mince garlic, mozzarella and olive oil.

Since: Mar 07

Harleysville, PA

#13 Feb 25, 2009
Well, it's nice that the MC would choose to review this dump - - just in-time for LENT.
Staberdearth

Allentown, PA

#14 Feb 25, 2009
The owner looks like he's been experimenting eating this unhealthy pizza for quite some time. No thanks!
Dave

Bethlehem, PA

#15 Feb 25, 2009
Hi this Is Dave owner/operator of Pizza Snobz I was'nt going to right on here. I feel everyone has a right to their opinion. And as for all the comments I have no problem wtih any of them both good and bad. Except for the on calling my place a dump although small we are very clean, santized and organized. I hope everyone the best in all things. Thats all I will say because I don't want to use this forum as a way to advertise.
Dave

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Feb 25, 2009
Dennis Mac wrote:
Well, it's nice that the MC would choose to review this dump -- just in-time for LENT.
My place although small is very clean, sanitized and organized.
Reader

Easton, PA

#17 Feb 25, 2009
It seems that some people never have anything constructive to say about anything.
So what if it's deep fried. Some people enjoy life. Who says you have to enjoy anything to excess?
As for the narrow minded ones who complain about Americans being overwieght in general, there's no better way to grow those extra pounds than to sit at the keyboard all day, instead of enjoying the fresh air and getting up an moving around.
Dave, I wish you nothing but the best. Who knows, I may even try your deep fried pizza some day.
Brad

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Feb 25, 2009
Like this country needs to getter any fatter or unhealthier? I almost puked while reading this story. Gross.
DFP

Kuopio, Finland

#19 Feb 25, 2009
Wut gif me sum too
dose

Vandalia, OH

#20 Feb 25, 2009
That pizza sounds awesome. A joint and a slice of fried pizza would be heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NORC Poll: Voters interested, not excited about... 9 hr WasteWater 1
News Macungie martial arts instructor charged with i... (Sep '11) May 13 Law guy 5
News Texting may cause neck and spine injury (Nov '14) May 13 Chiropractor From... 120
News Report: KidsPeace teens had sex (Feb '09) May 2 Goodmom01 60
News Is it Leather Corners, or Leather Corner Post? (Jan '06) Apr '16 Denno329 12
News Did You Work for Free on Leap Day? Mar '16 fire Snedecker 1
News Police ID possible driver in Upper Macungie hit... Feb '16 Emma a P O S 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orefield Mortgages