Orefield man dies in crash

An Orefield man was killed and his three passengers injured in an early-morning one-vehicle accident Saturday in Lowhill Township, state police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
scott

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Jan 4, 2009
MC do a thorough follow up on this crash and report if it was alcohol related. then do a big story on the tragedy of drunk driving all year round not just during the holidays.
The facts

Allentown, PA

#2 Jan 4, 2009
We don't know the facts yet. But it does appear to be at least another tragic case of bad decision making. I passed out from booze while driving home on Army leave back when I was 19. I have terrible headaches every now and again as a result of injuries from the crash. Thank God I didn't hurt anyone else. What I did was wrong and I learned my lesson a long time ago. God bless all who are affected by this tragedy.
Benji

Telford, PA

#3 Jan 4, 2009
It always saddens me when I learn of the death of such young people. My heart goes out to the family in their time of sorrow.
NoCrap

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Jan 4, 2009
Come guys enough is enough. What is it going to take to realize, that we got to stop this senseless ending of lives.
NoCrap

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Jan 4, 2009
You are a wack job! Do you mean to tell me that you never did crazy stuff with your friends, when you were younger. Oh! I know, by this little sample of your personality, you probably, didn't have any friends. I'd bet still don't.
Good riddance wrote:
Good riddance. Society does not need foolish, selfish losers like these idiots--drinking, driving on a dangerous road, without wearing seatbelts, at 2:30am!
Accidents like this only increase the insurance rates and the medical costs for those of us who are intelligent enough to make the right choices in life.
Stop treating this like a "mistake" or blaming it on "faulty seatbelts". These idiots choose their ultimate destiny, through their own selfish behavior.
I agree, I will save my sympathy and respects for true victims who are deserving of it. These fools get no sympathy from me. Good riddance!
This same article was published yesterday. Read the rest of the REAL comments here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/the-morning...
Friend of Idiot

Allentown, PA

#7 Jan 4, 2009
HEY GOOD RIDDANCE! Corbin Graver was one of my best friends. His accident was tragic.
You are a vapid piece of crap. You don't know anything about what happened except what you read, and if you really "cared" about people you would have sympathy for his family and friends who loved him.
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! Keep your mouth shut because you don't know the facts and you sure make yourself look like an ignorant waste of space.
parkland student

Schnecksville, PA

#8 Jan 4, 2009
All these comments make me SICK to my stomach. For you to talk so ill of Corbin Graver, as if he deserved this. You people need to grow up. No matter what happened, an accident is called an accident for a reason. We make poor choices in life, some have opportunity to go back and learn from them, others aren't given that chance. But I know as a 17 year old senior at parkland high school i look at this tragic accident, and i LEARN FROM IT. As for you, even as an adult, protecting your child. You're gonna sit here talk about speeding, as if you never have? WEll for that neighbor you must be grinning ear to ear knowing he's gone and no longer live with the problem of "speeding" heck you should just stay in your house and not even go on the roads for your fear of speeding, because as far as i'm concerned i see it EVERYDAY. I hope you never need to have a state trooper at your door telling you your kid has been killed, and i hope nobody sits here and tells you your kid DESERVED IT. And for anyone saying anything about parkland students, you don't know anything about us. You're not gonna comment about Alex Rosen's perfect SAT scores, no we're gonna bash the poor spoiled life that was taken because he was a parkland kid who didn't cherish life, because you all know Corbin Graver, don't you? i didn't really think so. That kid lived every single moment to his fullest, and had fun. He was in the prime of his life. Well i feel bad for you people who really can sit here and make such ill comments on him, the kid at the scene who apparently fled, WHICH BY THE WAY DID GO BACK AND DID CALL THE COPS, check the 911 records if you need a reasonable alibi. I'm so sick i can't even bear to read this. My condolences to the family. I know he was great person. And my prayers are with the Graver family always. For they lost someone great.
momofasenior

Whitehall, PA

#9 Jan 4, 2009
I am very sorry this happened to this young man, and very very sorry for his family, but, was the investigation correct? Was he speeding, and were none of them wearing seatbelts? If so, he made a concious choice to put himself, and his passengers in danger.

I am a mother, of four. My son , who is now 19, had an accident at 16. Luckily he was alone, wearing his seatbelt, and got away with a bruised knee and a concussion. There is nothing worse then getting that phone call...until you see your child before your eyes and know he is still alive, your heart is shattering into a thousand pieces. he was in a chain recation accident where several cars hit each other, not even speeding, and it was enough to cause two people to be hurt, and total his van, another vehicle was towed. This was going 15 miles per hour. One can only imagine the devistation caused at a high rate of speed.

What is so sad, is that the speeding, and the poor judgement, took this young man from his family. I hope his family and friends find some peace and healing as time passes. God BLess.
A Friend

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Jan 4, 2009
Good riddance wrote:
Good riddance. Society does not need foolish, selfish losers like these idiots--drinking, driving on a dangerous road, without wearing seatbelts, at 2:30am!
Accidents like this only increase the insurance rates and the medical costs for those of us who are intelligent enough to make the right choices in life.
Stop treating this like a "mistake" or blaming it on "faulty seatbelts". These idiots choose their ultimate destiny, through their own selfish behavior.
I agree, I will save my sympathy and respects for true victims who are deserving of it. These fools get no sympathy from me. Good riddance!
This same article was published yesterday. Read the rest of the REAL comments here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/the-morning...
Save it. Those other people don't need your kind of sympathy. Wow what a loser. Your more concerned about insurance rates then a HUMAN life regardless how it happened. Any decent person would. Hopefully your statements don't come back and bite you in your ass sometime!
caring friend

Allentown, PA

#11 Jan 4, 2009
My prayers and sympathy go out to Corbin's parents. Your son was a good person and loved you. God will give you strength. God bless and take care.
REST IN PEACE

Allentown, PA

#13 Jan 4, 2009
Good riddance wrote:
Good riddance. Society does not need foolish, selfish losers like these idiots--drinking, driving on a dangerous road, without wearing seatbelts, at 2:30am!
Accidents like this only increase the insurance rates and the medical costs for those of us who are intelligent enough to make the right choices in life.
Stop treating this like a "mistake" or blaming it on "faulty seatbelts". These idiots choose their ultimate destiny, through their own selfish behavior.
I agree, I will save my sympathy and respects for true victims who are deserving of it. These fools get no sympathy from me. Good riddance!
This same article was published yesterday. Read the rest of the REAL comments here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/the-morning...
I'M SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY, DON'T EXPECT MY SYMPATHY FOR WHATEVER GOD HAS PLANNED FOR YOU DISGUSTING SOUL
Curious Questioner

Allentown, PA

#14 Jan 4, 2009
NoCrap wrote:
You are a wack job! Do you mean to tell me that you never did crazy stuff with your friends, when you were younger. Oh! I know, by this little sample of your personality, you probably, didn't have any friends. I'd bet still don't.<quoted text>
You are correct, a wack job. That was an idiotic post and most distasteful and thoughtless.
But, at the same time don't use that stupid argument, "didn't you do crazy things with your friends" to excuse irresponsible behaviors. I hear that all the time and I don't buy it. We are supposed to be adults and teach responsible behavior. Your argument enables poor judgement and poor behavior. It is the same reason athletes are let off the hook for things they should be punished for. The "boys will be boys" argument needs to be wiped out. Stop making excuses.
Brian Graver

United States

#15 Jan 4, 2009
This is to the total jerk who wrote the Good Riddance comments. Where did the article say drinking was a factor? Where in the article did it talk about faulty seatbelts? You call these young men losers, idiots, selfish, and fools. Who are you to judge them because of a terrible accident? You don't even know anything about them. The parents and family are in the early stages of mourning the loss of their child, you insensitive moron. If this was your child, spouse, close relative, or friend, would you call them the same names and say good riddance? I am Corbin's Uncle and I feel sorry that there are people in the world like you who use a time like this to say hateful and hurtful words. You need to get a life!
Just Wondering

Allentown, PA

#16 Jan 4, 2009
A car is a piece of machinery, so why can't people (young and old) think before they get into it.

Would you not wear protective glasses when you do welding? I don't understand these kids today that think they have to show off and drive like a fool, and I hope this was not the case. This young kids life is now over and the three remaining will only go out and still make poor choices if they don't learn from this accident.

Please everyone you really need to slow down. And to the lady that gave me the finger at the Weiss intersection on 7th street, because I was waiting to clear traffic to make a left hand turn, if I were a big bruiser of 300 pounds I would have followed you and beat the crap out of you. But then I would have gone to jail for road rage.

Stop and think you are not the only people on the road, have some common sense if you can find yours. People today think they need to hurry hurry hurry and where the hello does that get you.

My thought and prayers are with all of these kids and mostly to the family that has to stare at this youngmans bedroom for the rest of their lives. SENSELESS acts cause pain to the ones that are left behind.
I never had a cop knock on my door at 3 a.m. for I taught my kids ( and I hope it sinks in to others) that speed KILLS, drinking and driving KILLS, and so does stupidy KILLS.
Wake up america it's time for CHANGE!!!!
grateful

Macungie, PA

#17 Jan 4, 2009
parkland student wrote:
All these comments make me SICK to my stomach. For you to talk so ill of Corbin Graver, as if he deserved this. You people need to grow up. No matter what happened, an accident is called an accident for a reason. We make poor choices in life, some have opportunity to go back and learn from them, others aren't given that chance. But I know as a 17 year old senior at parkland high school i look at this tragic accident, and i LEARN FROM IT. As for you, even as an adult, protecting your child. You're gonna sit here talk about speeding, as if you never have? WEll for that neighbor you must be grinning ear to ear knowing he's gone and no longer live with the problem of "speeding" heck you should just stay in your house and not even go on the roads for your fear of speeding, because as far as i'm concerned i see it EVERYDAY. I hope you never need to have a state trooper at your door telling you your kid has been killed, and i hope nobody sits here and tells you your kid DESERVED IT. And for anyone saying anything about parkland students, you don't know anything about us. You're not gonna comment about Alex Rosen's perfect SAT scores, no we're gonna bash the poor spoiled life that was taken because he was a parkland kid who didn't cherish life, because you all know Corbin Graver, don't you? i didn't really think so. That kid lived every single moment to his fullest, and had fun. He was in the prime of his life. Well i feel bad for you people who really can sit here and make such ill comments on him, the kid at the scene who apparently fled, WHICH BY THE WAY DID GO BACK AND DID CALL THE COPS, check the 911 records if you need a reasonable alibi. I'm so sick i can't even bear to read this. My condolences to the family. I know he was great person. And my prayers are with the Graver family always. For they lost someone great.
I am glad you had the opportunity to get this all out of your system. Perhaps counseling should be your next step. Everybody has a write to his/her opinion. Who are you to judge them? Corbin. rest in peace. You are in a better place now. God Bless your friends and family!!!
wondering

Macungie, PA

#18 Jan 4, 2009
Brian Graver wrote:
This is to the total jerk who wrote the Good Riddance comments. Where did the article say drinking was a factor? Where in the article did it talk about faulty seatbelts? You call these young men losers, idiots, selfish, and fools. Who are you to judge them because of a terrible accident? You don't even know anything about them. The parents and family are in the early stages of mourning the loss of their child, you insensitive moron. If this was your child, spouse, close relative, or friend, would you call them the same names and say good riddance? I am Corbin's Uncle and I feel sorry that there are people in the world like you who use a time like this to say hateful and hurtful words. You need to get a life!
Uncle Brian...aren't you doing the same thing?
Yeah

Catasauqua, PA

#19 Jan 4, 2009
motoring !!! This is a part of life. People live then they die. People have their place somewhere in this Earth.
Join the Revolution

Millersville, MD

#20 Jan 4, 2009
Was a Methlab involved???
my3sons

Orefield, PA

#21 Jan 4, 2009
So sad but it is life in an area where people must drive long distances to get anywhere. Dark winding roads and poor judgement are a fact of life in the suburbs and farm country. No legislation can prevent logistics.
A Friend

Bethlehem, PA

#22 Jan 4, 2009
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Uncle Brian...aren't you doing the same thing?
Yes he is you moran! In honor of his nephew.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Mark 51,465
Allentown Zoners vote down Allentown-South Whit... 2 hr big bic vick 2
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 21 hr Fast Eddie 3,992
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 23 hr Jeremy 183
Woman arrested for snorting coke with child in car Sep 10 silly rabbit 6
Shopping Scout: August 19, 2009 (Dec '09) Sep 8 hampsoneric0 7
Lawyer: Arrest video 'favorable' to Allentown p... Sep 8 silly rabbit 3
•••

Orefield News Video

•••
•••

Orefield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Orefield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orefield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orefield
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••