Lower Saucon says goodbye to 2 officers, hires one

A full-time police officer was sworn in recently and two veteran officers announced their retirement from the Lower Saucon Township Police Department. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ingrid

Slatington, PA

#1 Jan 24, 2009
wonder what kinda pensions the 2 retirees get? i bet more than you and i will get - wait, we won't get a pension. our cos will tell us to take our 401ks and don't let the door hit you in the ask on the way out.
Oh really

AOL

#2 Jan 24, 2009
Eric Marth: Mall Cop
That movie was hilarious!!!
No Pensions

Slatington, PA

#3 Jan 24, 2009
They shouldn't only be aloud to retire with
full benefits till their age and service equals 85
or after the age of 62 with reduced benefits based on the
years of service.
snowman allentown PA

Sellersville, PA

#4 Jan 24, 2009
Why didn't the special ed mayor from allentown do this? Oh that's right, he had to hire his office team to run the office and the city. And now he has lots of money and still has a big debt. What a shmoo.
illiterate

Kulpsville, PA

#5 Jan 24, 2009
No Pensions wrote:
They shouldn't only be aloud to retire with
full benefits till their age and service equals 85
or after the age of 62 with reduced benefits based on the
years of service.
Maybe if you studied in school, you could have a decent pension when you retire. Or weren't you aloud to do good?
Except

Northampton, PA

#6 Jan 24, 2009
Except you whiners don't wear a target on your chest while protecting really great citizens like you who probably do not appreciate anything other than your own boogers.
Whacked

Allentown, PA

#8 Jan 24, 2009
Target on their chest? Have you ever actually been to Lower Saucon?

That said, I don't begrduge their pensions if that was the deal when they signed up. Now the recent Allentown police pensions are a completely different story...
Except wrote:
Except you whiners don't wear a target on your chest while protecting really great citizens like you who probably do not appreciate anything other than your own boogers.
Black Hole Resident

Palmerton, PA

#9 Jan 24, 2009
I'm not a cop, but comments like these are so ignorant and disrespectful. I'd like to see some of you anonymous big shots pull over cars late at night, not knowing what may happen in split second that could make your spouse a widow. To the guy who wisecracked "Mall Cop", sounds to me like this new officer is a bright young guy who worked for a living while putting himself through an outstanding college. Good for him and for the residents of Lower Saucon.
Whacked wrote:
Target on their chest? Have you ever actually been to Lower Saucon?
That said, I don't begrduge their pensions if that was the deal when they signed up. Now the recent Allentown police pensions are a completely different story...
<quoted text>
Whacked

Allentown, PA

#10 Jan 24, 2009
As I said, have you ever been to Lower Saucon? Do you know anything about the history of the police department there, whether there have been any deaths or serious injuries in the line of duty in the past year? 5 years? 25 years?

While I respect cops, I am not ignorantly willing to write a blank check because they have a "target on their chest". My point is that this is not Philadelphia, or even Allentown. The post that I was responding to made the usual assertion that every cop deserves whatever he/she can get because they live with such danger all the time; I was simply pointing out that in some cases that assumption is pretty much baseless. Why then does a Lower Saucon cop make more than a U.S. soldier in Iraq?
Black Hole Resident wrote:
I'm not a cop, but comments like these are so ignorant and disrespectful. I'd like to see some of you anonymous big shots pull over cars late at night, not knowing what may happen in split second that could make your spouse a widow. To the guy who wisecracked "Mall Cop", sounds to me like this new officer is a bright young guy who worked for a living while putting himself through an outstanding college. Good for him and for the residents of Lower Saucon.
<quoted text>
tubby

Easton, PA

#11 Jan 24, 2009
Lower Saucon is no war zone thats for sure. The one guy that retired is as fat as a cow. I doubt he ever taxed his health while on the job. His waist size is about 60 inches and he is about 5' 9". Those cops get paid good money for doing very little. It is rumored that the chief spends his mornings in the gym then goes to lunch and spend about 4 hours a day in the office. He makes about 70 thousand dollars a year for putting in about 20 hours a week. A GPS device ought to be put on him.
tubby

Easton, PA

#12 Jan 24, 2009
Black Hole Resident wrote:
I'm not a cop, but comments like these are so ignorant and disrespectful. I'd like to see some of you anonymous big shots pull over cars late at night, not knowing what may happen in split second that could make your spouse a widow. To the guy who wisecracked "Mall Cop", sounds to me like this new officer is a bright young guy who worked for a living while putting himself through an outstanding college. Good for him and for the residents of Lower Saucon.
<quoted text>


Upper Saucon is much more professional. They have nicer uniforms too.
Scarletts Plantation

Lehighton, PA

#13 Jan 24, 2009
tubby wrote:
Lower Saucon is no war zone thats for sure. The one guy that retired is as fat as a cow. I doubt he ever taxed his health while on the job. His waist size is about 60 inches and he is about 5' 9". Those cops get paid good money for doing very little. It is rumored that the chief spends his mornings in the gym then goes to lunch and spend about 4 hours a day in the office. He makes about 70 thousand dollars a year for putting in about 20 hours a week. A GPS device ought to be put on him.
aahh...Is it fat or muscle?
Rodney

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Jan 24, 2009
suspicious wrote:
i hear they retired because the chief and manager treat the officers with little respect
I get no respect!!! The chief is known not to be loyal towards his own officers.
The Rat

Coatesville, PA

#15 Jan 25, 2009
Lower Saucon is well known for it's low quality police work in Northampton County. The only thing they are good for is TEAM DUI under the direction of Ronny.

Ask any local resident how many officers were fired or left over the past and recent years.

Lower Saucon

Coatesville, PA

#16 Jan 25, 2009
Good luck Officer Eric Marth,

Just wait until you work that "wonderful" schedule with no weekends off. Just wait until the Chief calls you into his office about not doing enough. Just wait until your fellow co workers "rat you out"

Have fun !!!
Wow

Northampton, PA

#17 Jan 25, 2009
Wow.
cop

Whitehall, PA

#18 Jan 25, 2009
The Rat wrote:
Lower Saucon is well known for it's low quality police work in Northampton County. The only thing they are good for is TEAM DUI under the direction of Ronny.
Ask any local resident how many officers were fired or left over the past and recent years.
The last person "fired" was 13 years ago(jan. 5 1996). Where do you get your information??
Chris

Pennsburg, PA

#19 Jan 25, 2009
Lower Saucon wrote:
Good luck Officer Eric Marth,
Just wait until you work that "wonderful" schedule with no weekends off. Just wait until the Chief calls you into his office about not doing enough. Just wait until your fellow co workers "rat you out"
Have fun !!!
This police force is know through the valley as a chicken crap operation. All they do is sit on Rt 378 and watch for the college kids leaving Starters Pub.

If this new guy is smart he will not limit his career to this place. Its a big world out there and don't let this place ruin your chances of becoming a professional.

No one in the community knows the chief. Maybe its because he hides and he may be asked to do something.

As far as ratting out...lol.... it will come in time. Becareful of your coworkers they will hurt you more than the drug dealer and felon.

Officer Eric: Use this place to build your resume then leave.
Chris

Pennsburg, PA

#20 Jan 25, 2009
Black Hole Resident wrote:
I'm not a cop, but comments like these are so ignorant and disrespectful. I'd like to see some of you anonymous big shots pull over cars late at night, not knowing what may happen in split second that could make your spouse a widow. To the guy who wisecracked "Mall Cop", sounds to me like this new officer is a bright young guy who worked for a living while putting himself through an outstanding college. Good for him and for the residents of Lower Saucon.
<quoted text>
Its only a job so calm down. Cop jobs are a dime a dozen. If one leaves the job.....100 more apply for the job. Its no big deal. Typical civil service jobs. Its a job not a lifestyle. Get a life !
cop

Whitehall, PA

#21 Jan 25, 2009
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
This police force is know through the valley as a chicken crap operation. All they do is sit on Rt 378 and watch for the college kids leaving Starters Pub.
If this new guy is smart he will not limit his career to this place. Its a big world out there and don't let this place ruin your chances of becoming a professional.
No one in the community knows the chief. Maybe its because he hides and he may be asked to do something.
As far as ratting out...lol.... it will come in time. Becareful of your coworkers they will hurt you more than the drug dealer and felon.
Officer Eric: Use this place to build your resume then leave.
If the police department is sooo bad, where are the complaints from the citizens? Why is the crime rate so low? They must be doing something right.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allentown City Council approves appointment of ... Dec 18 silly rabbit 1
Clover Hill's Concord wine takes top honors at ... (Jan '08) Dec 14 marcb0127t 20
Christmas Lighting Judging Dec 13 Ben Powell 1
162nd Great Allentown Fair opens Nov 30 silly rabbit 40
Texting may cause neck and spine injury Nov 25 Chiropractor From... 17
What's going on with Wal-Mart in Schnecksville? (Jan '14) Nov '14 donna 2
Son of Allentown police chief to face trial in ... Nov '14 silly rabbit 1

Orefield News Video

Orefield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orefield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orefield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orefield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:31 am PST