Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 51742 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Chickenpoo

Washington, IL

#56675 Aug 22, 2014
Kanka - come to our rescue. Get this thread DELETED. Now they are bringing up a topic they know nothing about. Everything they bring up they have read in books. And somebody wrote the books, so they are spreading info from a writer. The writer may have been on cannabis. Who knows..

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#56677 Aug 22, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>If you really get right down to it,..."time" itself has never changed but people and their ill beliefs definitely have. Everyone knows right from wrong, then there are those who choose to ignore the right path and live a wrong life of putrid filth. Those are the ones who need help but, as the old saying goes, "You can't help those who won't help themselves." (right Jonah?.......grinning!)
You can accept people for who they
are and MYOB
Chickenpoo

Washington, IL

#56678 Aug 22, 2014
Kanka.. Lets get this thread shut down.. It is foolish, dumb, and stupid Kanka...
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#56682 Aug 23, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can accept people for who they
are and MYOB
Accepting people is not a problem,(for me), it's what they do or their life pattern that is unacceptable. Simple as that.(what's MYOB....?)
mahz

Granite City, IL

#56683 Aug 23, 2014
Chickenpoo wrote:
Kanka - come to our rescue. Get this thread DELETED. Now they are bringing up a topic they know nothing about. Everything they bring up they have read in books. And somebody wrote the books, so they are spreading info from a writer. The writer may have been on cannabis. Who knows..
If you don;t like the thread, go find another. Incessant whining like a little girl is not helping you get this stopped. It is only making you look like a fool.
mahz

Granite City, IL

#56684 Aug 23, 2014
Call Sperm 2014 wrote:
Shut this God Damn f-ked up thread down NOW!
Waaaaa! MOMMY! They are having a conversation I do not like. Make them stop MOMMY!

Or you could act like a less idiotic person and just go omewhere else if you do not like the converstaion here. What kind of spoiled, whiny little child cries like this when people won't stop saying things they do not like. Just how pathetic are you?
Sharky

Schenectady, NY

#56685 Aug 23, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Accepting people is not a problem,(for me), it's what they do or their life pattern that is unacceptable. Simple as that.(what's MYOB....?)
MYOB=Mind Your Own Business. sage advice.
So people that sin differently than you are unacceptable?

Location hidden

#56687 Aug 23, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>Accepting people is not a problem,(for me), it's what they do or their life pattern that is unacceptable. Simple as that.(what's MYOB....?)
MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

Location hidden

#56688 Aug 23, 2014
Sharky wrote:
<quoted text>MYOB=Mind Your Own Business. sage advice.
I let people worry about their own
sins,they don't effect me!

Location hidden

#56691 Aug 23, 2014
Nothing was stolen,not hacked..
Keep on dreaming!

Location hidden

#56693 Aug 23, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
Your system is infected.
Oh, snap...Should I be afraid!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#56694 Aug 23, 2014
Sharky wrote:
<quoted text>
Read post #56682 one more time. You missed my humble point entirely the first time.
moron

Chicago, IL

#56695 Aug 23, 2014
bad idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Join the blacks, they blame other people for their dissatisfaction in life as well. "Everyone just wants things to be fair." Well, reality check, life isn't fair. Also, think about it like this. How will civilization continue to exist with there becoming more and more gays? Last time I checked, a dude can't get another dude pregnant. Don't gay people, men in particular, have a drastically increased risk of aids? Yes they do. Isn't that expensive to treat? Yes it is. Don't most people with aids not have health care? Well, yes. Who pays for their treatments then? The taxpayer. Oh, well its seems to me the american taxpayer should be up in arms because in a round about way, this will only cost them more. It's also un-natural for a child to be reared by gay's. That is already putting them behind the 8 ball to start their life. Kids are cruel, so why would you want to subject a kid to anymore cruelty? The list goes on and on as to why this is a bad idea. Just my opinion.
You obviously have no idea how racism plays a huge role in American society. If you have another ethnicity mixed with that, changes are you are the underdog. Have you never heard of racial profiling?!
Hoosierdaddy

Mackinaw, IL

#56698 Aug 24, 2014
Virus Infected Thread wrote:
Call Girl's system has been hacked!!!!... HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA!!!
It's Cali Gurl - so I reckon it was not hacked. Darn it.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#56699 Aug 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So NOW you respond to something you claimed was an opinion unworthy of a response...
No, I responded in order to correct the intentionally deceitful way you tried to pretend I said things that I didnít. Itís a typical tactic of yours.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I gave three significant, concrete distinctions between duplicate gender couples and marriage. In fact, they are cultural, biological, physical and historical distinctions that separate marriage from all other relationships, that is extremely significant...
Your distinctions in no way establish the ďvast inferiorityĒ you mention. Your distinctions arenít significant at all, and the inferiority you mention is still nothing other than your opinion.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Unless you are claiming that gender distinction is insignificant (which makes this whole issue none consequential), just that one factor, your duplicate gender relationship, IS vastly inferior to a marriage.
I never claimed that gender distinction isnít important. Please see my comment above referencing your intentional deceitfulness. My marriage is in no way inferior to that of any straight married couple. That is simply your opinion, which doesnít count for a hill of beans.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
3. Really lides, what a silly claim, you should be embarrassed making it. The whole process of evolution created a raging passion to insert a penis in a vagina. Anything else is none consequential or, as in your case, inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Iím not lides you demented old fool, and the only one who should be embarrassed by remarks they make is you old man. Evolution does not rage everyone to insert their penis in a vagina. Evolution includes many who donít, and the human race has never been hampered by that anymore than evolution is affected when a straight man inserts his penis into a mouth. Homosexuals donít affect evolution, we are part of it. And evolution has nothing to do with marriage. But please do keep running in your fundie circles, itís hilarious. And speaking of your intentional deceitfulness, add blatant lying to the list of your tactics. There is absolutely no research anywhere that will confirm you claims about anal sex. None anywhere, and you know it. Itís why you cowardly avoid presenting any. Liars for Jesus unite, Kuntmare is here to lead you!!!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#56700 Aug 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
4. Where did I 'require' procreation? I simply noted that marriage normally results in procreation. Your relationship NEVER does so. Marriage bears the fruit of a child, an amazing blend of the husband and wife. Your relationship is barren. That distinction is so significant, most couples in the situation pursue a default option.
Where did I say you ďrequireĒ procreation? Oh, thatís right, I didnít. I simply pointed out that not all marriages produce children, nor are they required to. And the distinction between those that do and those that donít is meaningful only to you, because you have no real argument. Itís why you bring the subject up so much even though you know how stupid it is. Marriages do not establish inferiority and superiority based on production of children, that is just your opinion.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
5. Another silly assertion lides. One that disqualifies you from the issue. Social scientists assert that were it not for children (a family), marriage would not exist. In fact, we see the demise of marriage the more we extricate children from consideration as you are attempting.
Iím not disqualified from the issue in any way. And what social scientists assert regarding the origins of marriage have no bearing on the issue of modern society and what constitutes a marriage today. Children are not a requirement of marriage, they never will be. And LOTS of gay couples have children, and those children should be afforded the same protections you allude to from your social scientists. But then, you donít really care about children at all, they are simply your fall back because you have no real argument, only your opinions.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The epic fail is all yours.
Hardly git. The epic fail is from the one who keeps trying to pretend that procreation between a couple establishes some type of superiority. That would be you Greg.

Location hidden

#56701 Aug 24, 2014
Grand Jury wrote:
<quoted text>Sad that you do not have a life.
Says you...My computer is hand
held,when morons that post me
insults, for no apparent reason
like you,post me,it notifies me
you ignoramus...MYOB
Chickenlittle

Mackinaw, IL

#56702 Aug 24, 2014
Again who was first!!!! The chicken or the egg... I had easy over this am and a PopEye's chicken dinner tonite. But what came first!!! The egg or the chicken. I am cornfused...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#56703 Aug 24, 2014
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say you ďrequireĒ procreation? Oh, thatís right, I didnít. I simply pointed out that not all marriages produce children, nor are they required to. And the distinction between those that do and those that donít is meaningful only to you, because you have no real argument. Itís why you bring the subject up so much even though you know how stupid it is. Marriages do not establish inferiority and superiority based on production of children, that is just your opinion.
<quoted text>
Iím not disqualified from the issue in any way. And what social scientists assert regarding the origins of marriage have no bearing on the issue of modern society and what constitutes a marriage today. Children are not a requirement of marriage, they never will be. And LOTS of gay couples have children, and those children should be afforded the same protections you allude to from your social scientists. But then, you donít really care about children at all, they are simply your fall back because you have no real argument, only your opinions.
<quoted text>
Hardly git. The epic fail is from the one who keeps trying to pretend that procreation between a couple establishes some type of superiority. That would be you Greg.
Jonah, the only opinion being voiced here is yours.

I've listed three undisputable distinctions between ss couples and marriage. All you can do is make the ridiculous, non-specific claim they are 'opinion'.

Do you understand how ignorant and idiotic your claim is that there is not a vast distinction between a complex union of diverse genders and a duplicate half?

Only a sick pervert would equate the inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act of anal abuse with the natural complementary sexual union of a man and woman.

But the one that shames your own mother and father is the claim that a mother and father equate to a desolate, barren redumbant gender couple! Who did you throw under the bus, mom or dad???

Your limp wristed hissy fit gay twirl won't change one damn thing.

Smirk.
Chickenlittle

Mackinaw, IL

#56704 Aug 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonah, the only opinion being voiced here is yours.
I've listed three undisputable distinctions between ss couples and marriage. All you can do is make the ridiculous, non-specific claim they are 'opinion'.
Do you understand how ignorant and idiotic your claim is that there is not a vast distinction between a complex union of diverse genders and a duplicate half?
Only a sick pervert would equate the inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act of anal abuse with the natural complementary sexual union of a man and woman.
But the one that shames your own mother and father is the claim that a mother and father equate to a desolate, barren redumbant gender couple! Who did you throw under the bus, mom or dad???
Your limp wristed hissy fit gay twirl won't change one damn thing.
Smirk.
Under the bus... Answer - THE EGG..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oreana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melvin Slate May 3 KieKie 1
News Dredging Continues As Water Rates Are Set To In... May 1 sandy1960 1
Poll who thinks Decatur has too many dumb blacks (May '09) Apr 20 Linda B 8
Review: Maple Auto Mar '15 Trish C 1
Melissa Jones Arrest-Criminal Sexual Abuse (Nov '08) Mar '15 ray 388
girls of decatur (Jan '12) Mar '15 VERY Happily marr... 7
please anyone know of any wellers Mar '15 slim5684 1
More from around the web

Oreana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE