Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010?

Posted in the Ore City Forum

Comments (Page 585)

Showing posts 11,681 - 11,700 of16,043
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
check

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

checking
tesd

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

test
hroola

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

youtube.com/watch... ……
Stockman sounds Tough

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Pass this on to your County Sheriffs, and have them pass it on to any other country Sheriffs they know from Liberal states that have the backbone to stand up for "No gun control laws or confiscations"

Did you know that no matter what gun control laws are passed by the federal government, they can only be enforced in your area if your county sheriff allows them to be.

Most people, including politicians fail to realize that the ultimate legal authorities in the land are the county sheriffs. This was established from the time of the Founding Fathers and upheld by the US Supreme Court in the 1997 case of Printz v. United States. Initially, the case was Mack v. United States, but by the time it reached the Supreme Court it was renamed.

The case involved new federal regulations involved with the Brady Bill and gun control. FBI agents went around to the various county sheriffs and demanded that they follow the new federal guidelines. Then Graham County (AZ) Sheriff Richard Mack and several others saw the Brady Bill as being unconstitutional and refused to impose the new federal guidelines. Part of their defense was that the county sheriff was the supreme law enforcement officer over their county and that the federal government could not supersede their legal authority.

In the court’s decision, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote:

“... The great innovation of this design was that ‘our citizens would have two political capacities, one state and one federal, each protected from incursion by the other’”–“a legal system unprecedented in form and design, establishing two orders of government, each with its own direct relationship, its own privity, its own set of mutual rights and obligations to the people who sustain it and are governed by it.”(P.920)

Justice Scalia then quoted the man considered to be the Father of the US Constitution, President James Madison, when he wrote in the decision:

“[T]he local or municipal authorities form distinct and independent portions of the supremacy, no more subject, within their respective spheres, to the general authority than the general authority is subject to them, within its own sphere.” The Federalist, No. 39 at 245.

Scalia then referred to Gregory, 501 US at 458 when he wrote:

“This separation of the two spheres is one of the Constitution’s structural protections of liberty:‘Just as the separation and independence of the coordinate branches of the Federal Government serve to prevent the accumulation of excessive power in any one branch, a healthy balance of power between the States and the Federal Government will reduce the risk of tyranny and abuse from either front.’...”

Referring once again to President Madison, Scalia wrote:

“In the compound republic of America, the power surrendered by the people is first divided between two distinct governments, and then the portion allotted to each subdivided among distinct and separate departments. Hence a double security arises to the rights of the people. The different governments will control each other, at the same time that each will be controlled by itself.”(P. 922).

In other words, the county sheriff is the highest governmental authority in his county and he does not have to bow to the tyranny of the federal government if he deems such actions to be unconstitutional or unlawful. In essence, the county sheriff has more legal authority within his county than the governor or the state or even the president of the United States.

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Sheriffs can't be compelled to enforce federal guidelines. This isn't a big deal. Sheriff's departments are among the most corrupt law enforcement agencies and it's not unusual for them to ignore certain laws.

However, other state, local and federal agencies can enforce the law. This is just more Teabagger stupidity.
Nombre

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Lol
Concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Gosh just pray
CRACKHEADS

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

lets do crack tonight forget about the voters
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I've got to agree with you on the part about Sheriffs departments being some of the most corrupt law enforcement agencies, after all I live in Parker Co. I would however sure like to be around to watch you tell our Sheriff Larry Fowler that he doesn't have the final say in law enforcement in Parker Co. He would probably have a stroke or try to shoot you. It would be even more fun to watch the Texas Rangers or FBI to tell him to shutup and get out of the way. Tea Bagger, Fruit Cake, or Nut Case; about one in the same.
TheYankeesWon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

What's the difference between a tiger, and a guy from texas?

One is the biggest pussee in the world, the other is orange and black!

Ban guns / screw hicks / the south will fall again. If the south cededed they'd get destroyed even worse than the first time.

Long live King Obama. 4 more years of historic presidency.
dos reader

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

If we're so inconsequential, why do you care?
You greasy, POS.
You may ban my guns, but you'll never get them.
Maybe one of my bullets.
Go kiss the ass of your Michael Jackson Obama Yankee.
dos reader

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
I've got to agree with you on the part about Sheriffs departments being some of the most corrupt law enforcement agencies, after all I live in Parker Co. I would however sure like to be around to watch you tell our Sheriff Larry Fowler that he doesn't have the final say in law enforcement in Parker Co. He would probably have a stroke or try to shoot you. It would be even more fun to watch the Texas Rangers or FBI to tell him to shutup and get out of the way. Tea Bagger, Fruit Cake, or Nut Case; about one in the same.
For someone who has written on this site that they don't live in Parker County you have a hell of a lot of nerve. Can you name the Sheriff of Tarrant County? Bet not.
But you know the name of our sheriff and you know he is corrupt?
You are a liar and a skirt.
Fowler wouldn't have to waste a shell on you if I had anything to do with it.
Redneck Fighter

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

TheYankeesWon wrote:
Ban guns / screw hicks / the south will fall again. If the south cededed they'd get destroyed even worse than the first time.
Its all true! Texans really are the biggest pussees of them all! Everything is bigger in texas? Nope just the hillybilly's waists on their Wranglers (and certainly not what's inside them!) Texans are cowboys, just like in the movie Brokeback Mountain or the cowboy from the village people. Nothing but steers and queers in Texas. Racist, un-educated, no-tooth hicks, just like their weak ancestors who lost so badly to the North. In fact, they got beat so badly in the civil war, the teachers now teach the students that the war was a tie, to hide how weak and yellow their grandparents were! But those with an education know the truth, and that is these big belly-no brained cowards put up no sort of fight, just like they won't in a few months when Obama takes away their guns! I've been to Texas once, and the best part was leaving. My friends and I visited the Alamo and pissed all over it. "Hyuck Hyuck yall cant do that!" some redneck told us; he was knocked out before his silly cowboy hat even hit the ground. Hopefully I never have to go back to that hell hole, but at least I can look forward to knowing that if I do, I can do whatever I want, because Texans are too weak to stop me.
Clarence

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Another grand liar has joined the forum. The last Alamo pisser, Ozzy, was prosecuted and fined for doing that. You would have had to had an army of dukes (that's what we called the yankees at Dyess AFB) to get away with desecrating a state monument.
Although I don't believe that you are truly from out of state. Just another poser on this site trying to make people hot.
Going back 150 years to play the dozens, huh?
Are you 13 or 14? Using mom's Victoria Secret to live out your fantasies?
Give the little guy a break now and then.
You are most probably Texan, the NRH friend of TM who gets his jollies from acting the big man.
Crawl back in your hole, mole.
Do I take the Holliday Lane exit off 820 to get to your hovel? There's not much traffic after midnight when we roll.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

TheYankeesWon wrote:
Hey that reminds me!

Did you know that Obama is giving a speech on ground hog day?. The only difference between the events is that one features an insignificant creature of very low intelligence. The other one features a ground hog.
Tex

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Perry and would do it again
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Wrong the difference between a tiger and a Texan: A tiger will bite and scratch you, a Texan will put a boot so far up your a$$ you'll need a tractor to pull it out. dos reader, evedently you can't read I said I don't live in Weatherford, not that I don't live in Parker CO. I never lie, don't wear a skirt, and if it ever comes down to using shells; chump just don't let me get off the first shot. If you do I'll then have to speak with your corrupt sheriff, as you won't be able to. Redneck Fighter if you pissed on the Alamo you did it in the dark, and if you had been seen you would be in jail or the hospital. Come on back any time dumba$$. Clarence you most definitly have it wrong this time NOT ME and know this also I DO NOT ACT, never met Tawni don't know her only what you folks post. Damn invasion the Yankees are a bigger problem than Mexicans, but you are still just an ignorant, racist beeeeech.
tesd

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

test
Clarence

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

"Texan"
Please accept my apology for including you in such bad company. Yankees post stirred me up so that I misused your screen name when I meant another.
Again, very sorry and respect anyone so passionate about the birthplace of Texas freedom.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Thank you Sir, I gracefully accept. I do understand your aggitation. Again, my thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,681 - 11,700 of16,043
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Ore City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Ore City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance