Mechel to Sell Stake in Vanino Sea Tr...

Mechel to Sell Stake in Vanino Sea Trade Port OAO

Posted in the Orcas Forum

Since: Sep 13

Henderson, NV

#1 Oct 29, 2013
(CRWE Press Release)Ė Mechel OAO (NYSE:MTL), one of the leading Russian mining and metals companies, reports the sale of a 28-percent share in Vanino Sea Trade Port OAOís equity capital.

Mechel Group, as represented by Mecheltrans OOO, sold some 28% of the portís equity capital to an outside investor, retaining a minor share package for itself. The transaction amounted to 5.04 billion rubles (approximately 158.43 million US dollars*).

Earlier the company closed the deal on acquiring this package from the company En+, which deal was announced on January 31, 2013. The deal with En+ was fully funded by the aforementioned investor and thus had no bearing on Mechel Groupís leverage.

The consortium of investors is not interested in transhipping their products through Port Vanino, which will enable Mechel to use the portís entire capacity in the companyís interests.

Access to Port Vaninoís transhipment capacities significantly enhances Mechelís export potential in Asia and the Pacific and ensures guaranteed sales volumes for the Groupís coal products, taking into account the Elga deposit development.

Full press release at http://crwepressrelease.com/1351/news-by-coun...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orcas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmaker wants to end Washington's ban on rent ... 10 hr Into The Night 1
Pegeonhawks Dec 10 The Reaper 1
Any unshaved girl around the area? Dec 9 Mandy Muff 3
I hate Seattle and all the people in it (Nov '11) Dec 6 Raiderdan 99
Pain meds Dec 4 jim 3
Gay Teens Seattle (May '17) Dec 4 jim 4
Looking for party favors. In town for the day. Dec 4 flaco 2

Orcas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance