Hey Boeing go to Texas

Hey Boeing go to Texas

Posted in the Orcas Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Mount Holly, NJ

#1 Nov 15, 2013
Hey Boeing go to texas, no state income tax, low sales tax and the best part no unions.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#2 Nov 18, 2013
Boeing is also considering sites in Charleston, Huntsville,Al. , Long Beach Ca., Philadelphia, and St.Louis. The union officials convinced the members that the talk of moving was just a threat to sway the vote. Too bad boys, now let your union feed your kids and pay your mortgage.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#3 Nov 18, 2013
Too bad people didn't take lessons from the exodus from Detroit and the death grip the unions had on the auto plants there. Better luck next time.......... Anybody want a house, CHEAP?
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Nov 21, 2013
Boeing get out why you can,you have a crazy tyraant council woman trying to take over.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#5 Nov 21, 2013
Would the last one out please turn off the lights?
Supercalafradgel istic

Valley, AL

#6 Nov 22, 2013
The socialist city council woman, Kshama Sawant, wants the "workers" to "take over" the Boeing plant and produce "mass transit like buses" instead of "war machines."

With that kind of leadership on the City Council I doubt that any new businesses and absolutely no new factories will locate in the Seattle area.

I bet Obama and Valerie Jarrett are big fans of Ms. Sawant.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8 Nov 24, 2013
And all the fools that vote people like this into office are also complicit in this. All this anti-business rhetoric from the open and not-so-open "liberals", who mostly are in power due to class agitation and eat-the-rich schemes is coming home to roost!

For the sake of future bigger businesses in WA, the union thuggery needs to be cut down a size or five. If you vote for these people, you must be happy now.

Since: Nov 13

Carrollton, GA

#9 Nov 25, 2013
Boeing will take over soon.
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Dec 6, 2013
Supercalafradgelistic wrote:
The socialist city council woman, Kshama Sawant, wants the "workers" to "take over" the Boeing plant and produce "mass transit like buses" instead of "war machines."
With that kind of leadership on the City Council I doubt that any new businesses and absolutely no new factories will locate in the Seattle area.
I bet Obama and Valerie Jarrett are big fans of Ms. Sawant.
Southern states love Kshama Sawant.

She is bring us a lot of business.

Don't forget Seattle union hacks.

Lockheed is laying off more folks in aerospace right now as well as other companies.

Boeing may not have a hard time filling in those non union job positions in another state.

You bluffed and they called your hand.
Battery Stevens

Cadiz, KY

#11 Dec 8, 2013
Ex- El Paso Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Southern states love Kshama Sawant.
She is bring us a lot of business.
Don't forget Seattle union hacks.
Lockheed is laying off more folks in aerospace right now as well as other companies.
Boeing may not have a hard time filling in those non union job positions in another state.
You bluffed and they called your hand.
Texas would be a good home for Boeing. Just let the rest of the South have some of the satellite factories that supply it.

Even foreigners agree that the South has a better business environment. Just look at the auto industry.

Toyota plant in Georgetown, Kentucky

Nissan plant in Tennessee

The list could go on and on if anybody wanted to research it.
Cowboy Union Joe

Austin, TX

#12 Dec 8, 2013
Keep away from Texas, we're going blue here, unions will soon rule....
Dixiecrat UMWA

Paducah, KY

#13 Dec 9, 2013
Unions in the South are not like unions in the north and northwest. No comparison. Southern unions are interested in the bread and butter issues of a fair cut of the profits in wages and benefits for the workers and working conditions. They don't have a far Left political-social agenda. Working people in the South tend to be very conservative folks.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#14 Dec 9, 2013
Loser democats run jobs away
No big ddeal...the Boeing wives can get jobs as stippers for extra money
TEXAS LOVE

United States

#15 Dec 16, 2013
Lol...Strippers,I Love Me Some Strippers!!
A person passing by

Sumter, SC

#16 Dec 20, 2013
I think Boeing would do best by getting away from the union. If they do then the union workers will relocate to the new facilities. It's a win win. Lower wages but still good wages. But not paying a highschool graduate 36 dollars an hour to drive rivets. The true machinist, like operating a lathe and mill cnc or not will still get very good pay. The union pay is what is really the cause of all of this. How much does Nissan, Toyota, and Volkswagen pay for an assembler? Not 36 dollars an hour. And those employees are happy. Obliterate the union and move the majority of the assembly to another state and Boeing will be able to be in the States another 100 years. Stay in Washington and Boeing will not last another 100 year. Might not even last another 30.
Best solution

Seattle, WA

#17 Dec 21, 2013
#1 worker Chinese. Chinese worker is best, not lazy like fat Texan. Work all 18 hour day. Not mattering if union. Never sick, never late. Very cheap and never complain. First quality and also helpin China.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#18 Dec 21, 2013
Out of work union bozos
Priceless!
Dixiecrat UMWA

Cadiz, KY

#19 Dec 27, 2013
A person passing by wrote:
I think Boeing would do best by getting away from the union. If they do then the union workers will relocate to the new facilities. It's a win win. Lower wages but still good wages. But not paying a highschool graduate 36 dollars an hour to drive rivets. The true machinist, like operating a lathe and mill cnc or not will still get very good pay. The union pay is what is really the cause of all of this. How much does Nissan, Toyota, and Volkswagen pay for an assembler? Not 36 dollars an hour. And those employees are happy. Obliterate the union and move the majority of the assembly to another state and Boeing will be able to be in the States another 100 years. Stay in Washington and Boeing will not last another 100 year. Might not even last another 30.
You argument might be valid except for one thing: the tremendous inflation in executive pay. Today executives make far far far more in proportion to even the highest paid assembly line workers compared to what the worker / executive ration was in 1950 it is obsene.
Dixiecrat UMWA

Cadiz, KY

#20 Dec 27, 2013
An article (and a book) worth reading:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/business/july-...
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#21 Dec 28, 2013
Dixiecrat UMWA wrote:
<quoted text>
You argument might be valid except for one thing: the tremendous inflation in executive pay. Today executives make far far far more in proportion to even the highest paid assembly line workers compared to what the worker / executive ration was in 1950 it is obsene.
Agreed BUT the fact remains that the industry has to have the best brains available at the top in all phases of engineering, planning, assembly and marketing or there would be NO jobs at the lower levels. This holds true with all large corporations and these upper level jobs demand higher salaries. Everyone has the right and ability to educate themselves and make the big bucks but you have to realize there is a great lack of personal initiative in this country. Far too many want it all now without any effort and complain about those who worked for what they have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orcas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Go Sanders Don't Quit 3 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Wanting an ANR ABF relationship with a woman (Jul '12) 18 hr Ann 17
Cute men needed 23 hr Shy helicopter pilot 1
Democrats created these protesters now live wit... Mon Raydot 2
God Bless American May Day Protesters and Police Mon Brave Young 1
News Happening Now: Shop, dine, help @ West Seattle ... Apr 30 Elise Gingerich 1
Trump Kristallnacht Apr 30 Elise Gingerich 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orcas Mortgages