Mom killed kids, dumped car in river, sheriff says

Investigators didn't buy it when a woman said her two young sons drowned after her car plunged into a river. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CJayWild

United States

#1 Aug 18, 2010
Is that Re-run of "What's Happening"?
Elder Edward Olivis

Washington, DC

#2 Aug 18, 2010
any one killed kids need to be put in gas ching

“Support your Local Warlock”

Since: Feb 08

Where are we again?

#3 Aug 18, 2010
Hard times will make you do some strange things but killing your kids is not an option .
She still had plenty of options .:(
DFN

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Aug 18, 2010
Mom must be pretty stupid if she thinks they don't check for water in the lungs in a drowning case.
GetRidofObama

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Aug 18, 2010
Young women should take note of how difficult this mother felt she had it and not become single mothers themselves. It's NEVER okay to murder your children. This mother knew after the first child it was difficult. Why have a second child then? The two children could have been adopted by someone who could have actually taken care of them. It's horrible that two children had to pay for this mother's inability to cope with her life as it was.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 18, 2010
GetRidofObama wrote:
Young women should take note of how difficult this mother felt she had it and not become single mothers themselves. It's NEVER okay to murder your children. This mother knew after the first child it was difficult. Why have a second child then? The two children could have been adopted by someone who could have actually taken care of them. It's horrible that two children had to pay for this mother's inability to cope with her life as it was.
She actually had three kids. She left her 5 yr. old daughter at home for some reason and decided to kill her two younger sons. This is a terrible tragedy for all involved. The Mother is obviously mentally ill and will forever be haunted that she killed her own kids, the 5 yr. old has to grow up knowing that her Mom killed her two younger brothers and the Grandmother (Mother's Mother) has to live with the fact that her daughter said she did this because she couldn't take her Mother's criticism of how she was raising her children. Very sad, all around. My condolences to the family.
GetRidofObama

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Aug 18, 2010
MNMOMMA wrote:
<quoted text>
She actually had three kids. She left her 5 yr. old daughter at home for some reason and decided to kill her two younger sons. This is a terrible tragedy for all involved. The Mother is obviously mentally ill and will forever be haunted that she killed her own kids, the 5 yr. old has to grow up knowing that her Mom killed her two younger brothers and the Grandmother (Mother's Mother) has to live with the fact that her daughter said she did this because she couldn't take her Mother's criticism of how she was raising her children. Very sad, all around. My condolences to the family.
Oh yea! I forgot about the 5-year-old. I was a single parent of one child and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I did make my situation better by working though and I sure as hell wasn't going to have any more kids and I never did. My second child came from my single parent husband and we raised both of our kids together. The only other kids we had together was the furry kind and we're still having those. I feel bad for this mother that she never found an equally satisfying way to handle her single parenthood. I hope this mother's 5-year-old is doesn't go down the same road someday and become a single parent herself. It's no way to start out in life. Somehow young girls have to learn the lessons of NOT being a single parent themselves. I think for some it is chosen as a way to get themselves through life. They soon find out that welfare is not even close to being any kind of soft life. This is a sad, sad event - one that didn't have to happen.
Justice

AOL

#8 Aug 19, 2010
DFN wrote:
Mom must be pretty stupid if she thinks they don't check for water in the lungs in a drowning case.
You sound like an expert at this type of thing... did you get your education from Forensic Files, Snapped or from experience.
Think Again

Eau Claire, WI

#9 Aug 19, 2010
MNMOMMA wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt if this HUMAN RFEMALE will have any remorse over her killing of these 2 boys. First they were just MALE children, and second she, and many others of her gender, just view it as a "LATE" abortion. The female gender has much to do to make themsevles morally accountable.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#10 Aug 19, 2010
I wonder if she'll be incarcerated at the same facility where Susan Smith is held.

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#11 Aug 19, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
I wonder if she'll be incarcerated at the same facility where Susan Smith is held.
sad thing about Susan Smith...last I heard of her was that she became pregnant while in prison...talk about irony....actually, irony is a terrible word to use in this case, I guess, tragic would be better...IF, in fact it is true. I don't remember where I read or heard that but I know I did somewhere....then again Zen, what day is it?.....just wait till YOU turn 50........

nevermind.........peace out........
DFN

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Aug 19, 2010
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like an expert at this type of thing... did you get your education from Forensic Files, Snapped or from experience.
I think my log-in name applies to you.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#14 Aug 19, 2010
CAPTAIN_JACK SPARR0W wrote:
Hard times will make you do some strange things but killing your kids is not an option .
I agree 100% Capt. Jack, It would have been far better to put them up for adoption or even something as desperate as leaving them on someone's front porch.........anything better than killing them!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#15 Aug 19, 2010
GetRidofObama wrote:
Well said and very true!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#16 Aug 19, 2010
MNMOMMA wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
Bull Dozier

Irmo, SC

#17 Aug 20, 2010
Oh Danny Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
sad thing about Susan Smith...last I heard of her was that she became pregnant while in prison...talk about irony....actually, irony is a terrible word to use in this case, I guess, tragic would be better...IF, in fact it is true. I don't remember where I read or heard that but I know I did somewhere....then again Zen, what day is it?.....just wait till YOU turn 50........
nevermind.........peace out........
Susan Smith pregnant? Is a Black man the father? If a Black man is the father, that sorry bastard should get 25 years in prison on stupidity alone.
Bull Dozier

Irmo, SC

#18 Aug 20, 2010
DFN wrote:
Einstein, the babies were dead before they were put in the water. Also if they were found in the water, then it is a foregone conclusion that water would be in their lungs. Geez!
Bull Dozier

Irmo, SC

#19 Aug 20, 2010
CAPTAIN_JACK SPARR0W wrote:
Right you are. But nowadays, one cannot leave their child on anyone's doorstep. There are sexual predators running loose and the abandoned child would suffer a fate far worse than death if a sicko gets their perverted paws on of them.
Wasp

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Aug 20, 2010
Bull Dozier wrote:
<quoted text>Susan Smith pregnant? Is a Black man the father? If a Black man is the father, that sorry **** should get 25 years in prison on stupidity alone.
It was a prison guard and who cares what his race is. It wasn't rape: a tramp is a tramp is a tramp. To bad the death penalty takes so long.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#21 Aug 20, 2010
Bull Dozier wrote:
<quoted text>Einstein, the babies were dead before they were put in the water. Also if they were found in the water, then it is a foregone conclusion that water would be in their lungs. Geez!
I think you're mistaken on this. Autopsy would determine if water was aspirated into the lungs and therefore if they were alive or dead when they entered the water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orangeburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Orangeburg, SC (Aug '10) Dec 22 Ms."B" 9
Man's body found on side of road; Orangeburg Co... (Jul '09) Nov '14 babymama 7
Cameron artist, Fran Gray (Jan '08) Oct '14 judy player 2
Minister Facing Charges Involving Teens (Feb '08) Oct '14 Tori404 16
Orangeburg Music Thread (Nov '12) Sep '14 Musikologist 10
Thad Turner Sep '14 alibat 1
Animal Society applauds passage of anti-cruelty... (Jun '14) Jun '14 msscarlett 1
Orangeburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orangeburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orangeburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orangeburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:59 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:59PM