Eugene Robinson: 'Disintegration'

Feb 9, 2011 Full story: KUOW-FM Seattle 14

Jenny Asarnow 02/10/2011 at 8:00 p.m. Where Eugene Robinson grew up, in segregated Orangeburg, South Carolina, AfricanAmericans from all walks of life lived together in one community.

Full Story
Rosa Bogar

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#1 Feb 11, 2011
I hope to hear from Eugene Robinson soon I shared with him about my growing up in Orangeburg outside of the "cocoon" not like he did in the "cocoon" He knows what I am talking about.I hope we can share our experiences one day . Read his first book "Coal to Cream" all Orangburg natives should read this book.Wee written bookMr Robinson thanks for all your contributions to Orangeburg, South Carolina and beyond. Happy Black History Month. Rosa Mavins Bogar formerly of Orangeburg.
Rosa Bogar

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#2 Feb 15, 2011
Black History I am most proud that some of my papers on Civil Rights Remembrance Day has been accepted at the Schomburg Center in Research on Black Culture.The Center is the largest repository of materical on people of African decent in the world!The Schomburg Collection also includes the papers of Malcolm X,Julian Bond,Jim Brown and most recently Maya Angelou."truly this is a highlight of my life". I am securing a legecy for the future and encourage others to do likewise. I am a native of Orangeburg, South Carolina. A complete collection of my work can be found at the South Carolina Historical Society in Charleston South Carolina. Rosa Mavins Bogar
Rosa Bogar

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#3 Feb 22, 2011
I am honored that the Schomburg Center has accepted some of my papers on Civil Rights Remembrance Day.The papers includes some noted icons of the Orangeburg Movement such as Dr.Gloria Rackley Blackwell,Dr.Cleveland Sellers of the Orangeburg Massacre,Cecil J.Williams,Hon.Matthew J. Perry ,Hon.James E.Clyburn,Dr.Geneva H.Southall,Dr.Robert E.Howard and many more.This is a great highlight,to securing a legacy for the future.I truly wish others would do likewise.I am a devoted native of Orangeburg, South Carolina Rosa Mavins Bogar
Rosa Bogar

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#4 Feb 27, 2011
Black History- Dr. Richard R. Green has left an indelible mark on education. He was the first African American suterintendent of Minneaplois Public School System.He was the first Chancellor of New York City,s Board of Education.Dr. Green treasured everyone who served children said, Rosa Bogar,who developed the "Green Tree Award" at Richard R. Green Central Park School,in Minneapolis.Nineteen students have received the award.This is just one way to keep this great educator,s legacy alive,stated Bogar who worked in the system for thirty years.
Rosa Bogar

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#5 Mar 8, 2011
There needs to be a national march against "mr. saggin" for creating a big STINK all over the country. "fads are not to last but quickly pass" I am a Black Fashion Designer. I know how fashion definds a person. this trend needs Urgent Attention! This is voluntary slavery. Can you see the invisible shackles? This is painful for me. I have been addressing this concern for awhile now! Rosa
Rosa Bogar

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#6 Mar 12, 2011
Women's History Month "Women cried, women died-just like me- striving to be free in a world of insanity.Suffering in this land strengthened our hand.For the world to see contributions became key from women just like me." Rosa Bogar author of "Black Woman Sorrow" oral poetry published by Guild Press of Robinsdale,MN. Rosa is also the author of "Rosa and other poems by Rosa Bogar
june

Livonia, LA

#7 May 26, 2011
you think only black women suffered in the past?are you so consumed about being black you forget that white women suffered much when america was first settled?screw you and your black whining!put on some baggy pants and shut up!
Rosa Bogar

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#8 Jun 10, 2011
I am still very much concerned about this trend call "saggin" this is causing a big STINK! across the nation. We need a National March against "mr. saggin" Maybe be it should be held in Central Park in NYC maybe icons Jay-Z and Diddy can hepl host this much needed endeavor to hepl dispel this dress trend."fads are not ot last but quickly pass" I am a former black designer and I know the role fashion plays in society. I have address this issue before I hope others will listen this time! Thanks for this space to express what I am tired seeing in my face. Rosa Bogar
Rosa Bogar

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 7, 2011
I most recently visited NYC and visited one of five schools that honor the namesake of Dr. Richard R. Green,this trip was to continue the legacy to his excellence in education.I also shared some time with the new director of the Schomburg Center in Harlem. Dr Muhammad is an outstanding choice for the Schomburg Center. I wish him all the best towards leading this great historic center.
june

Maringouin, LA

#10 Oct 25, 2011
Rosa Bogar wrote:
I am still very much concerned about this trend call "saggin" this is causing a big STINK! across the nation. We need a National March against "mr. saggin" Maybe be it should be held in Central Park in NYC maybe icons Jay-Z and Diddy can hepl host this much needed endeavor to hepl dispel this dress trend."fads are not ot last but quickly pass" I am a former black designer and I know the role fashion plays in society. I have address this issue before I hope others will listen this time! Thanks for this space to express what I am tired seeing in my face. Rosa Bogar
you have lost touch with reality!the people you want to help stop baggy helped start this stuff?this is a thug look up to me thing and kids today dont realize how dunb they look?baggy helps hide guns and its cool?
Rosa Bogar

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Dec 30, 2011
Eugene Robinson will be speaker for the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday in Charleston,South Carolina. Mayor Joseph Riley contines to support my efforts on civil rights and human rights. Thanks to you Mayor Riley for all you do to help make this a better place for all.
Rosa Bogar

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jan 1, 2012
Eugene Robinson"Pulitzer Prize"-winner grew up in Orangeburg, South Carolina,so did I. Growing up black and poor in this town were worlds apart.by "class" more so than by"race" Mr Robinson who grew up in the upperclass he talks of this in his book "Coal to Cream" the chapter "cocoon" This is still an issue in the town today! Thanks for allowing me to share this Truth! Rosa Mavins Bogar
Rosa Bogar

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jan 17, 2012
I read the speech by Orangeburg native Eugene Robinson.on MLK's Holiday! It was a great speech and reminder that we all can keep Dr. King;s dream alive! I am a native of Orangeburg, South Carolina as the speeker and have shared much about the Orangeburg Massacre and about the award that was bestowed upon me by the Commision on Civil Rights from the City of Minneapolis.Minnesota. I still treasure this as one of great honor.
Rosa Bogar

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jan 10, 2013
MLK Holiday is one of my favorite. I still "treasure" the award that I received from the City of Mpls. Mn in the eighties. I had the great opportunity to share this award with three of his children,they were keynote speakers for the MLK Holiday here in Minneapolis.I am planning to commemorate sixteen years of :Civil Rights Remembrance Day" This history will honor sixteen pioneers of "CRRD" who have passed on.This work depicts visions and legacies of that of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.I am the visionary of this work.This work is truly securing a legacy for the future. "Happy Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orangeburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Orangeburg, SC (Aug '10) Dec 22 Ms."B" 9
Man's body found on side of road; Orangeburg Co... (Jul '09) Nov '14 babymama 7
Cameron artist, Fran Gray (Jan '08) Oct '14 judy player 2
Minister Facing Charges Involving Teens (Feb '08) Oct '14 Tori404 16
Orangeburg Music Thread (Nov '12) Sep '14 Musikologist 10
Thad Turner Sep '14 alibat 1
Animal Society applauds passage of anti-cruelty... (Jun '14) Jun '14 msscarlett 1
Orangeburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orangeburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orangeburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orangeburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:23 am PST

NFL 4:23AM
Julio Jones to play; Steven Jackson out for Falcons
NFL 6:08 AM
Hot seat roundup: Is Falcons' Mike Smith on way out?
NBC Sports 7:25 AM
Report: Falcons retain search firm to help with possible coaching change
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Falcons hire search firm as backup
CBS Sports 8:29 AM
Five candidates who could be the next head coach of the Atlanta Falcons