Body ID'd as missing Beaumont woman

Sep 6, 2007 Full story: Orange Leader 8

“The circumstances in which the remains were found cause us to view this death as possible foul play”

By Tommy Mann Jr. The Orange Leader Orange Police Department officials issued a statement Wednesday afternoon, identifying a body found near an Entergy highline Labor Day weekend. via Orange Leader

Full Story
Froufrou

Dallas, TX

#1 Sep 11, 2007
I was traveling by bus through Vidor on our way to Lake Charles and saw a billboard with a man's picture [Steve Page?] asking "did he get away with murder?" and suggesting the police looked the other way. Can anyone tell me about it?
tracy

Alameda, CA

#2 Mar 24, 2008
Froufrou wrote:
I was traveling by bus through Vidor on our way to Lake Charles and saw a billboard with a man's picture [Steve Page?] asking "did he get away with murder?" and suggesting the police looked the other way. Can anyone tell me about it?
Did anyone ever answer you on this?
Rachel Rios

United States

#3 Aug 8, 2008
tracy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did anyone ever answer you on this?
This was posted in an article by
Vidor father maintains vigil to find daughter’s killer
Debby Schamber
The Orange Leader

James Fulton has remained vigilant in his nearly singular mission to have the person whom he believes murdered his daughter, Lucille Katherine Page, put behind bars.
The case may be cold, but he believes one day the person who took his daughter’s life will be brought to justice.
Over the years Fulton, of Vidor, has placed billboards along Interstate 10 as a reminder that the case has not yet been solved.
“The billboards are one thing I have to do,” Fulton said.
According to Vidor Police Chief Steve Conroy, Katherine “Kathy” Page, 35, was found strangled in her vehicle May 14, 1991. The 1991 black Mercury Tracer was found around 4:20 a.m. in a ditch about a block from her home on Boliver Street in Vidor.
“The accident appeared to be staged traffic accident,” Conroy said.
The vehicle had very little damage to it, but Page had bone fractures around her larynx, a broken nose, blackened right eye, and a bruise to the right temple, Conroy said. Page was separated from her husband and had two young daughters at the time of her death.
“I have lost a daughter, grandkids and great-grandkids because of this,” Fulton said.
The Vidor Police Department has been working diligently on the case since 1991, Conroy said.
“It is an open case and actively investigated,” Conroy said.“We currently have some evidence being analyzed by the DPS laboratory.”
The family of Kathy Page struggles to cope everyday.
“There is always something that pops up as a daily reminder,” Fulton said.
Vidor police are not the only law enforcment agency pursuing cases that have not been solved.
Orange police department has some cold cases of their own that they have been working on and are asking for information from the public.
Homicide does not have a statute of limitations, said Charles Stephenson, Orange Police Department captain.
“It might be a cold case, but not a closed case,” Stephenson said.
LGHM

Beaumont, TX

#4 Jan 26, 2011
For God's sake, somebody do something about Kathy's case before her poor dad passes away!
This could be our loved one.

A very concerned Vidorian.

Since: Apr 08

Vidor TX

#5 Jun 17, 2011
nothing will ever be done about this case
Erin

Babylon, NY

#6 Feb 5, 2012
Please visit my blog at http://texasbillboard.blogsite.com for more information.
Sure

Beaumont, TX

#8 Sep 19, 2012
I personally commend Mr. Fulton on his quest. This is about her murder solely.
Bradley Snedeker

New Holland, PA

#9 Sep 22, 2012
Cool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Headshops in Beaumont (Jan '10) Dec 16 Shaking my head 19
Vidor is still a racist town and it is very tra... (Dec '12) Dec 10 Caligirl 70
Beaumont Wreckers Dec 9 Guest 2
Mom opens up natural parenting store in Beaumont Dec 9 Guest 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Vidor is a horrible trashy place (Jun '12) Nov 26 tobie 12
Orange Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orange People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orange News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orange

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:16 pm PST