Sabine County bans sale, use of firew...

Sabine County bans sale, use of fireworks

There are 1 comment on the The Beaumont Enterprise story from Jun 15, 2011, titled Sabine County bans sale, use of fireworks. In it, The Beaumont Enterprise reports that:

Sabine County joined others in Southeast Texas on Tuesday in curtailing the sale or use of fireworks, with County Judge Charles E. Watson banning them all as part of a declaration of local disaster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Beaumont Enterprise.

Citizen

Lubbock, TX

#1 Jun 28, 2011
I am sure that you are mistaken about the ban on the sale of Fireworks. It would be illegal to prevent the sale of fireworks in any jurisdiction in the USA. What you mean is that they have banned the use of fireworks in these counties, which will cause the sale of fireworks to be less likely in their jurisdictions. But only the state has the power to ban the sale of things in its jurisdiction, and even then only in the name of public safety. In order for the county to ban the sale of fireworks. They would have to get permission from the state for a ban on the sale of such merchandise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP failed us on Healthcare Reform Mon Dracul the Dragon 2
News Former Orange Co. sheriff's detective charged w... (Aug '16) Mar 15 interested 3
News Port Arthur Police Officer Arrested for Assault... (Jul '06) Mar 15 interested 14
News Are Some Houston Pain Clinics Prescription Pill... (Feb '08) Mar 13 C384hawkrx 162
Curious Guest Mar 1 Titherward 1
vpd officer Laredo lying coward citizens beware... (Jun '13) Feb '17 Donald 6
Vidor is a horrible trashy place (Jun '12) Feb '17 MissSunshine1012 38

Orange Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orange Mortgages