Orange County inmate found unresponsive, later dies

Jun 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: 12NewsNow.Com

The Orange County Sheriff's Office says Tammy Michelle Williams, a Vidor resident who was arrested for outstanding warrants, was complaining of having trouble breathing.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jul 3, 2012
Weary

Summit, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

What a shame. Whoever "claimed" to be monitoring her apparently did not. They would have seen her before it was too late. They "found" her onthe the floor. Which means they were not watching. When something happens like this, she should have been taken to hospital. I am glad the Texas Rangers are investigating. My heart goes out to her family. Such a sad thing. I hope the jail workers who did not care for her see her face each night as they see their own family. They know they are wrong.
Little Wren

Nederland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 26, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

here in vidor you rarely see justice but i pray that something is done to punish those who let this girl die alone in a cell without any help.
Weary

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 26, 2012
 

Judged:

4

1

God sees all.
CDW

Port Neches, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

I wonder what her arrest was like or if she was hit in the chest during her arrest or while in jail. Poor girl. She is not the first inmate to die in the Orange County Jail during the last year. Remember Robert Montano?

Since: Apr 08

Vidor TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Little Wren wrote:
here in vidor you rarely see justice but i pray that something is done to punish those who let this girl die alone in a cell without any help.
You need to get a grip. Justice does happen here in Vidor.
This criminal died in Orange County Jail in Orange Texas not Vidor.
She was offered care refused it at the scene (as all accident victims are). She was then taken to jail.
I feel bad that she passed but I do not feel this is Vidor PD, Orange County Jail, nor Orange County's fault.
Prayers for they family.
Weary

Kiln, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

When she complained while in jail, she should have been taken to ER. She had been in an accident, or maybe she got mistreated, who knows. It is being investigated from outside and thats good.
never at ease

Nederland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MsEvangeline wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get a grip. Justice does happen here in Vidor.
This criminal died in Orange County Jail in Orange Texas not Vidor.
She was offered care refused it at the scene (as all accident victims are). She was then taken to jail.
I feel bad that she passed but I do not feel this is Vidor PD, Orange County Jail, nor Orange County's fault.
Prayers for they family.
looks like you need to get a grip. all comments are looking at it the same way!! the show unsolved mysteries needs to come to this town.

Since: Apr 08

Vidor TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

never at ease wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like you need to get a grip. all comments are looking at it the same way!! the show unsolved mysteries needs to come to this town.
oh and why do I need to get a grip? as far as I know Most cases for the last 20 years have been handled correctly. not saying ALL cases are but the majority are.
Weary

Braxton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 2, 2012
 
Jail history in Orange county goes way back, not the first death here, probably not the last. Shame
Weary

Wiggins, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MsEvangeline wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get a grip. Justice does happen here in Vidor.
This criminal died in Orange County Jail in Orange Texas not Vidor.
She was offered care refused it at the scene (as all accident victims are). She was then taken to jail.
I feel bad that she passed but I do not feel this is Vidor PD, Orange County Jail, nor Orange County's fault.
Prayers for they family.
well, the officers, both city and county do not treat people as they should. You are not given the benefit of doubt and they think they are The Law. Everyone is treated like they are on the "cops" show. Lot of injustice.
Weary

Philadelphia, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 2, 2012
 
When I was a little kid, I knew someone who supposedly hung himself there. Never believed it. Leery eye ever since. Lot goes on that public don't see. Dirty dirty
Weary

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MsEvangeline wrote:
<quoted text>
oh and why do I need to get a grip? as far as I know Most cases for the last 20 years have been handled correctly. not saying ALL cases are but the majority are.
most cases, my butt. You must have something to do with "handling cases". Working people are the ones who pay, cause they work. Bums and thugs can do damages, wrecks, thieving, and walk away. No insurance, no license etc. lets don't waste our time taking them in they don't work and don't pay. Lot of crime mystery in Vidor. Look it up.

Since: Apr 08

Vidor TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 3, 2012
 
20 years ago

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orange Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orange People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orange News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orange
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••