JEA Smart Meters Are Illegal And Installed On Your House

Posted in the Orange Park Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PaulS

Middleburg, FL

#1 Nov 15, 2011
Wow, we seem to be approaching a full time Big Brother society at a more rapid pace than the average citizen can keep up with.

Do you know what a Smart Meter is or if you have one? What it actually is doing is sending out invasive, illegal information on residents and we don't even know it.

This video explains how to stop this wiretapping on your home. Links are included to JEA as well as a letter you can copy and send to your Electric company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

JEA Smart Meters Program
http://www.smartgrid.gov/sites/default/files/...
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Nov 15, 2011
PaulS wrote:
Wow, we seem to be approaching a full time Big Brother society at a more rapid pace than the average citizen can keep up with.
Do you know what a Smart Meter is or if you have one? What it actually is doing is sending out invasive, illegal information on residents and we don't even know it.
This video explains how to stop this wiretapping on your home. Links are included to JEA as well as a letter you can copy and send to your Electric company.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
JEA Smart Meters Program
http://www.smartgrid.gov/sites/default/files/...
I checked out the video.. But I could care less if JEA wants to monitor my electricity usage..

My main concern which is not mentioned in the video is that JEA has the ability to calibrate the meters remotely.. That means speeding them up or slowing them down when they see fit.. When you consider the vacant houses that we have in the city it cuts out money for the JEA, so they have to make it up some how.. So why not remotely speed up the meters on a selected few on a monthly rotation to make up the losses being that JEA has no accountability to anyone? And JEA didn't ask me if I wanted the meter.. I came home from work one day it it was there..
Well then

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#3 Nov 15, 2011
Cancel your JEA service

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#4 Nov 16, 2011
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked out the video.. But I could care less if JEA wants to monitor my electricity usage..
My main concern which is not mentioned in the video is that JEA has the ability to calibrate the meters remotely.. That means speeding them up or slowing them down when they see fit.. When you consider the vacant houses that we have in the city it cuts out money for the JEA, so they have to make it up some how.. So why not remotely speed up the meters on a selected few on a monthly rotation to make up the losses being that JEA has no accountability to anyone? And JEA didn't ask me if I wanted the meter.. I came home from work one day it it was there..
Actually, they did ask you indirectly, when you asked them to provide you electricity, you agreed to the terms, it only takes on phone call, and you can fire JEA.

The biggest issue I have is currently I cannot on a daily basic see the same usage patterns that JEA sees. Yes, I can get them on each month and the line graph does show each day however I would like to see them on a daily basics and according to JEA that is not far away. Until then I will verify the usage with an after market usage recording.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#5 Nov 16, 2011
Well then wrote:
Cancel your JEA service
Agreed, there is no law on the books (as of yet) that states one most have electricity provided by JEA.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Nov 16, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, there is no law on the books (as of yet) that states one most have electricity provided by JEA.
Who else sells electricity..

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#7 Nov 17, 2011
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Who else sells electricity..
Dolander I never really thought of you as being an in the box thinker. Why buy electricity we you can make it. You can have a diesel generator installed at you home to produce and sell electricity. There of course is solar and wind options also and several other options available to anyone if the goal is to eliminate JEA.
noshellswill

Saint Augustine, FL

#8 Nov 17, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolander I never really thought of you as being an in the box thinker. Why buy electricity we you can make it. You can have a diesel generator installed at you home to produce and sell electricity. There of course is solar and wind options also and several other options available to anyone if the goal is to eliminate JEA.
Tell me you're kidding ...

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#9 Nov 18, 2011
noshellswill wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me you're kidding ...
Absolutely not!

If someone does not like the product that JEA is providing at the cost JEA is requiring then there are options available, as I listed. Sounds like use it here/make it here/ invested it here. Here just might mean ones house or dwelling…….
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Nov 18, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet my neighbors would love hearing a diesel generator running in the wee hours of the night.. I wonder if that would be a violation of city code noise ordinance? And solar and wind options is not a permanent solution, being that many days there is no wind or sunshine.. As far as selling electricity you will have to stay connected to the grid. You can expect to pay for surcharges as well for using the grid that JEA owns that you use to sell electricity..
noshellswill

Saint Augustine, FL

#11 Nov 18, 2011
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet my neighbors would love hearing a diesel generator running in the wee hours of the night.. I wonder if that would be a violation of city code noise ordinance? And solar and wind options is not a permanent solution, being that many days there is no wind or sunshine.. As far as selling electricity you will have to stay connected to the grid. You can expect to pay for surcharges as well for using the grid that JEA owns that you use to sell electricity..
LIJ was just kidding ... you could tell by the pint of kerosene he held hovering over the fuel tank of his diesel generator.

I'm guessing JAX winter sunshine plus a roof-full of solar panels is OKey to keep a well insulated home warm in the daytime and heat shower-water. At night you and your wife need double-goose_down bedspreads and be getting along **really really ** well.

If you insist on **always** being too warm/cold then fickle "natural" sources will never be sufficient.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#12 Nov 21, 2011
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolander, you really need to keep up to speed with technology and innovation. There are generators on the market today that your neighbor might not even know is running.

As for solar and wind options we are being told that these are the future of energy, are you disputing the consensuses of some in the energy and scientific community?

BTW, personally we agree on this one, I do not believe it is permanent solution based on current technology.

If you do not wish to pay surcharges then just disconnect from the grid.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#13 Nov 21, 2011
noshellswill wrote:
<quoted text>
LIJ was just kidding ... you could tell by the pint of kerosene he held hovering over the fuel tank of his diesel generator.
I'm guessing JAX winter sunshine plus a roof-full of solar panels is OKey to keep a well insulated home warm in the daytime and heat shower-water. At night you and your wife need double-goose_down bedspreads and be getting along **really really ** well.
If you insist on **always** being too warm/cold then fickle "natural" sources will never be sufficient.
Noshellswill, would you like for dolander and I to stop for a while so you can catch up?
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Nov 23, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolander, you really need to keep up to speed with technology and innovation. There are generators on the market today that your neighbor might not even know is running.
As for solar and wind options we are being told that these are the future of energy, are you disputing the consensuses of some in the energy and scientific community?
BTW, personally we agree on this one, I do not believe it is permanent solution based on current technology.
If you do not wish to pay surcharges then just disconnect from the grid.
I need to keep up on many things my friend, but first things first.. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and have a great and safe holiday..

Now back to the topic.. How much money do you make selling back to JEA? Or are you completely off the grid and sitting back enjoying not having to pay an electric bill?

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#15 Nov 26, 2011
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I need to keep up on many things my friend, but first things first.. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and have a great and safe holiday..
Now back to the topic.. How much money do you make selling back to JEA? Or are you completely off the grid and sitting back enjoying not having to pay an electric bill?
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend, mine was wonderful spent time with family and friends.

I make no money as you suggest, I am still on the grid as Buying power from JEA is still the most cost effective, IMHO..
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Nov 26, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend, mine was wonderful spent time with family and friends.
I make no money as you suggest, I am still on the grid as Buying power from JEA is still the most cost effective, IMHO..
Thats great.. I had a good thanksgiving as well.. Life is to short to not take advantages of the free time with the ones you want to be with..

In previous discussions you seemed to have a plan to be independent of the grid and even sell back to JEA.. So why the change of heart?

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#17 Nov 26, 2011
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats great.. I had a good thanksgiving as well.. Life is to short to not take advantages of the free time with the ones you want to be with..
In previous discussions you seemed to have a plan to be independent of the grid and even sell back to JEA.. So why the change of heart?
Buying power from JEA is still the most cost effective way for now
johnny mars

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Aug 21, 2012
So far no one has mentioned the possible detrimental effects of wireless RF radiation on human health that these meters and repeaters can create. Smart meters can produce 100 times the amount of RF energy that a cell phone can put out, and the electric meter readers are placed directly onto the sides of houses, in my case, next to my son's head who sleeps on the other side of the wall. I've seen a video which explains the effects here: http://www.electrosmogprevention.org/smart-me...

There are a whole lot of microwaves floating around these days, from wireless routers, cell phones, broadcasters, microwave ovens, blue tooth, cell towers, etc. so why should we put up with more? No one really knows what the cumulative effects of these electrical waves are yet on long term health, although studies have been critical of exposure. What can be done about this issue?

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#19 Aug 21, 2012
johnny mars wrote:
So far no one has mentioned the possible detrimental effects of wireless RF radiation on human health that these meters and repeaters can create. Smart meters can produce 100 times the amount of RF energy that a cell phone can put out, and the electric meter readers are placed directly onto the sides of houses, in my case, next to my son's head who sleeps on the other side of the wall. I've seen a video which explains the effects here: http://www.electrosmogprevention.org/smart-me...
There are a whole lot of microwaves floating around these days, from wireless routers, cell phones, broadcasters, microwave ovens, blue tooth, cell towers, etc. so why should we put up with more? No one really knows what the cumulative effects of these electrical waves are yet on long term health, although studies have been critical of exposure. What can be done about this issue?
Yes there have been several studies, critical of exposure to RF rays. Granted we have had studies critical of eggs, coffee, wine, this product and that product and how many times does that study get reversed years or even months down the road. There are more “Rays” from the Sun and outer space that are more harmful than simple radio frequencies waves, IMHO.
BTW, if you are that worried about your son then I would suggest move where he sleeps…..Just a suggestion.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Aug 21, 2012
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
There are more “Rays” from the Sun and outer space that are more harmful than simple radio frequencies waves, IMHO.
Thats true but we have an atmosphere that protects us from those frequencies waves of radiation from space... But now we have another source from within our atmosphere to deal with.. Just like man made global warming that is destroying our atmosphere ...

You just stepped in a hole, my friend...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tolerance = slavery + rape 14 min iprazhm 15
I got caught wearing panties (Aug '10) 1 hr Panty boy 19 40
Fool Austrailians let-in the Muzzi-wogs ... 2 hr Toaster 2
On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) 5 hr melissasawlkristof 86
do you have a forbidden sex story? 7 hr naughty son 7
School teacher 13 hr King of wisdom 6
Santa clause 14 hr King of wisdom 2
Orange Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web