First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#22 Dec 20, 2012
SaltwaterAddiction wrote:
Sadly, we elect politicians who haven't learned.... that if we earned $50 a day and spent $150 every day, in a short time, the end result would have to be bankruptcy!
The problem is, we have a lot more lazy Americans, which result in a lot more democrats. Our country will slowly slip into a #$%$ hole from here. There are too many people who depend on our government now that they will continue to vote for those that give them free money instead of those that try to make them self sufficient. The country is headed in one direction and that is down down down.
Liberal want to spend more, it doesn't matter that we are broke. Republicans want the economy to improve, keep more of your money you earn and stop paying people not to work. Yes, it is that simple.
"The only people who don't want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide." (Barack Obama August 21, 2010)' Oh bro you lie time and time again.
I would suggest that the politicians know dam good and well that the majority of those voting don’t give a dam about the future of this country. When the government takes care of you have no need to understand basic economics, you only need to understand that “”The Government delivers””.

I do believe the country as a whole is in deep crap and getting deeper. The takers are increasing in numbers and the providers are shrinking in numbers. The one positive I see is that some states do not follow the same models as the federal government and these states may someday be a guiding light to how government should be ran.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#23 Dec 20, 2012
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest that the politicians know dam good and well that the majority of those voting don’t give a dam about the future of this country.

I do believe the country as a whole is in deep crap and getting deeper. The takers are increasing in numbers and the providers are shrinking in numbers.
I agree with you here.. But thats what you get with crony capitalism..

The insurance companies are takers backed by politicians and mandates and they are making a lot of money..

Also keep in mind that the wealthy are NOT the job creators.. The job creators are the consumer... The job creators are mostly the lower and middle class folks .. When you take away from them, you take away jobs.. Thats why the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer... And thats why this country is so F$$ked up..

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#24 Dec 21, 2012
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you here.. But thats what you get with crony capitalism..
The insurance companies are takers backed by politicians and mandates and they are making a lot of money..
Also keep in mind that the wealthy are NOT the job creators.. The job creators are the consumer... The job creators are mostly the lower and middle class folks .. When you take away from them, you take away jobs.. Thats why the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer... And thats why this country is so F$$ked up..
Dolander, Not sure I know very many job creators who are lower and middle class. Now I do know several people who I would consider middle class who owe their own companies however, most of those are family operations. Most of the business owners I know who hire people and pay them for doing a valve added function are right at or in the upper middle class.

Now if you meant to say that the lower and middle class folks are the ones who create the “”demand”” for the products and services that someone must then provide, then yes I would agree with you, but only if misspoke about “job creators are the consumer”.

As to why the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poor (not including politicians) could be explained by the rich get richer by continuing those efforts that resulted in them moving from a status of the non-rich to a status of being rich. The same can be said for those who are poor they will continue a lifestyle that does not permit or offer the possibility of becoming wealthy and this has nothing to do with the concept of “hard work”.

Not sure about you dolander however, I know people who are poor or lower middle class who will never ever move up in class, do you know some like that? If you do, do you see them ever transitioning into a different finical status?
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#25 Dec 21, 2012
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolander, Not sure I know very many job creators who are lower and middle class.
Ill break it down for you...

If it wasn't the consumer, which is a majority of the middle and lower class to buy products, there would be no wealthy people, or jobs...
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#26 Dec 24, 2012
I can give example to back up my views..

corporationsm, for self serving needs....Walmart is the largest retailer in the US...

Billionaires have been made because of the consumers at walmart and walmart is a place where mostly lower and middle class folks do their shopping...

The bottom line here is if it wasn't for the consumers, there would be no billionaires or jobs..

Real capitalism starts from the bottom and works its way up where the consumer has free choice.. Crony capitalism is where the government takes away that right of freedom of choice and forces mandates on the citizenry, and give away tax money to
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

#27 Dec 26, 2012
I have more...

In this state you are punished for being financially responsible..

Insurance companies base rates on credit.. If you are not into dept, you pay more money for insurance..

I have paid cash for everything that I own except for my house.. No need for a credit card because I have plenty of savings in the bank.. No need for an auto loan either because I paid cash for my truck and motorcycle as well.. But yet the insurance companies, backed by the republican Fl legislature, charge me a higher rate for being financially responsible...

This is another good example of crony capitalism..

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#28 Jan 2, 2013
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ill break it down for you...
If it wasn't the consumer, which is a majority of the middle and lower class to buy products, there would be no wealthy people, or jobs...
No doubt dolander that without out consumers there would be less consuming however, there would still be wealthy people. It is much like the agreement of which came first the chicken or the egg. Just look at the flat screen TV that you find in every welfare / hud housing and trailer park. Someone had to invest in the development of technology and if you remember the first couple of years these where out not everyone could afford them.

As for your Walmart example I will agree that consumers where the reason for Walmarts growth but way was it Walmart and not Papa Joes corner market.

Real capitalism is not a line with an end or a beginning. Someone either sees a need for a product or has an idea and develops it (wealthy or poor, example J.K. Rowling's) then the consumer buys it if they find it useful. Then the developers make money (become wealthy) and maybe reinvest in another product or go spend it buying a product that provides wages to many workers. Capitalism is a circle and requires both the producers and the consumers. Yes, Government usually screws up the circle in so form or fashion.
King of wisdom wrote:
I have more...
In this state you are punished for being financially responsible..
Insurance companies base rates on credit.. If you are not into dept, you pay more money for insurance..
I have paid cash for everything that I own except for my house.. No need for a credit card because I have plenty of savings in the bank.. No need for an auto loan either because I paid cash for my truck and motorcycle as well.. But yet the insurance companies, backed by the republican Fl legislature, charge me a higher rate for being financially responsible...
This is another good example of crony capitalism..
Being responsible, be it financially, physically, etc… is not a trait the Government (many in both parties) are fond of. So like the chicken and the egg which came first, big government, big business or maybe voters who want Big Fat Nanny Government to take care of them instead of being responsible, either way we have crony capitalism.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#29 Jan 2, 2013
Headlines of the Day in pertaining to the “Fiscal Cliff”

Obama vows more tax hikes:'We can't cut our way to prosperity'...

NASCAR PARTY FAVORS BURIED IN 'CLIFF' BILL...

MILLIONS FOR RUM PRODUCERS...

$59 million for algae growers...

HOLLYWOOD GETS BREAK......AFTER RECORD BOXOFFICE YEAR
CBO more new spending than New revenue
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#30 Jan 2, 2013
No cuts to the our debt, this just gives democrats more money to spend

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#31 Jan 3, 2013
Fiscal Cliff Explained for Average Voter
U.S. Tax Revenue:$2,170,000,000,000.00
Fed Budget:$3,820,000,000,000.00
New Debt:$1,650,000,000,000
National Debt:$14,271,000,000,000.00
Recent Budget (Actually Cuts) Cuts:$38,500,000,000.00

Let’s make it the numbers a little smaller and more down to the level of average Voter.
*Annual Family income:$21,700.00
**Money the family spent:$38,200.00
New debt on card Cards: 16,500.00
Outstanding balances on all credit card(s)$142,710.00
Total spending cuts:$38.50

*= This is the money one gets paid for working or being on the government dole.
**= This equals the money you spend and includes your cash, debt, checks, credit cards and cash advance services, etc….

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#32 Feb 26, 2013
Haven’t we been here before?
If your income does not match your bills they you really only have two options CUT spending or go further in DEBT!
And I still cannot comprehend how more debt will decrease debt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 44 min all of the real 2,487
w a r n i n g ! > ulas system store< (Apr '13) 2 hr george99 2
USA gestapo-snoops APPLE just like Hitler and ... 2 hr noshellswill 1
Im trying to find opes in jville (Sep '12) 5 hr George Azazel 6
Review: Marine Resources LLC 13 hr anno 5
Three more perpalating Obama.nation sons ... 21 hr noshellswill 1
HOST AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT -- monthly stipen... Thu gphomestay 1
•••
•••

Orange Park Jobs

•••
•••
•••