South Windsor Mayor Finalist To Manage Palmer, Mass.

Full story: Hartford Courant

Streeter, who completed course work at the University of Connecticut for a master's degree in public administration, expects to complete his thesis in December.
Comments
21 - 40 of 40 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
give me a break

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Let me get this straight..Matt Streeter wants Matt Galligan the current manager ushered out? Now who in their right mind would say that this is effective gov't? It is the responsibility of the TC to work effectively w/the town manager. How else will you get anything done effectively. I can't believe this was printed. SYD you had better know what you are talking about because if it is true then it needs to be brought to the table - you have a very strange way of supporting Streeter by printing this...maybe he should go if there is such problems that they can't work together.Remember Streeter and Galligan both work for the citizens and BOTH have a responsibility to work TOGETHER for the CITIZENS. Enough of this crap! Grow up and just do the job you are either getting paid for or were elected for - OR GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!!!!!!!!
tim

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Judged:

Syd is the new Bud. Cary Prague has passed the batton to Gary Bazzano. SWRTC works to control the message. Prague is getting ready to be mayor. Bazzano was assigned task of media czar. Hence the emmergence of SYD.

SYD's job is to stir the pot to get taxpayers to forget about huge tax & spending increases, failed projects and big business giveaways.
Syd

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Judged:

Confuse Syd wrote:
<quoted text>'Syd" things have change in Town. people are fed up and angry with our Town Government! But still you hang on to something that is not there! I kind of feel sorry for you on this. you believe in them but there is many other things going on that no one person can talk about for now! But you can rest assure that justice will prevail!
You have no idea what I believe or don't believe. You have no idea who I support or do not support. The only thing you know, and my only comment was, that I am angered by, and embarassed for, anyone who thinks that it is OK to make derogatory comments about someone's personal appearance in the context of a political debate. Politics is not a free for all. There are basic rules of civil disagreement and many of you either don't know them or enjoy being outrageous under the cover of this blog. Either way, not something to be proud of. End of story!
Need Leader ship

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Syd wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what I believe or don't believe. You have no idea who I support or do not support. The only thing you know, and my only comment was, that I am angered by, and embarassed for, anyone who thinks that it is OK to make derogatory comments about someone's personal appearance in the context of a political debate. Politics is not a free for all. There are basic rules of civil disagreement and many of you either don't know them or enjoy being outrageous under the cover of this blog. Either way, not something to be proud of. End of story!
By all means not end of story! just the beginning of story watch all the things unfolding before you eyes?
Need Leader ship

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Judged:

Syd wrote:
Truth be Known Matt has been running South Windsor for the past 3 years. He did have trouble with a couple of Obstructionists the first 2 years.
Thank goodness those 2 are gone !
Things are moving right along, progress has to be made to keep the town moving forward. All the councillors are moving in lock step and we will soon be placing the safety of the children first and making the town the upscale community we all want.
In short Matt would make a wonderful Town Manager once Mr Galligan is ushered out.
where has the Town been moving forward? what upscale Community? what are you going to do with all that housing and all the empty buildings that will hit South Windsor? maybe raise Taxes again?
Town Trivia

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

What has the Bushes Father and son have in common with the Streeters Father and son ?
Syd

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

It is natural in the evolution of a community to have a few bumps in the road. Mark my words, South Windsor will be the next West Hartford, just watch and learn. We are making the right moves and nothing will stop them. There is a majority on the Council that wants this.

I support no one member of the Town Council, but Matt Streeter will make a Great Town Manager. Mr Galligan's time has come and gone. He got the big pay day last year. It's a new year and watch for some house cleaning in the near furure.

He who controls the Council controls the outcome of every vote.
Town Trivia

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

What did the Dog from NY City say to the South Windsor dog while visiting the South Windsor dogie park?
Gatt Malligan

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Syd wrote:
It is natural in the evolution of a community to have a few bumps in the road. Mark my words, South Windsor will be the next West Hartford, just watch and learn. We are making the right moves and nothing will stop them. There is a majority on the Council that wants this.
I support no one member of the Town Council, but Matt Streeter will make a Great Town Manager. Mr Galligan's time has come and gone. He got the big pay day last year. It's a new year and watch for some house cleaning in the near furure.
He who controls the Council controls the outcome of every vote.
Whatever you say "BudfromSouthWindsor "...

Like scuttling Lisa Maneeley for non performance to the SWRTC radical right agenda?
Satt Halligan

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Town Trivia wrote:
What did the Dog from NY City say to the South Windsor dog while visiting the South Windsor dogie park?
Don't s%$t where you eat?
Bonnie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Judged:

Need Leader ship wrote:
<quoted text>where has the Town been moving forward? what upscale Community? what are you going to do with all that housing and all the empty buildings that will hit South Windsor? maybe raise Taxes again?
Oh get off it!! There aren't going to be any empty buildings or housing. Fact is, there is no place most of us want to live that is any cheaper. You are going to pay taxes the rest of your life somewhere! What do you pay -$5,000?$6,000? More? The town spends over $7,000 a year just for one kid in the school system. If you have one or had one, you cost the town that times 13 years. If you have more, you are a big, big, expense to the town. Add to that your share of police, fire, parks, roads, etc. When do you get to the point where you have paid back as much as you have taken out of the community pot? Paying taxes is cheaper than going it on your own. You just don't like to pay taxes for anything you don't like or think you or the rest of us need. You also want to know where every dime is being spend. So quit your job and make it your life's work to audit the town finances and make sure everything is being done to your satisfaction. I choose to elect others to do that because I have a life! And if I don't think they are up to the job, I vote for someone else. The tax system is not an ala carte system and you are only one person with one set of priorities. And no, you don't necessarily speak for the masses. Also, please remember, there are no pockets in coffins because we won't need money wherever we end up! I'm fed up with many of your type.
Syd

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Judged:

Well said. Here's another voice for the new South Windsor. Shut up and pay your taxes.

Most of you have kids in school and make out like robbers.( kind of like the ones thought raided the open space fund !)

As for the Seniors, you get so many free rides that it's only right that you pay taxes to educate my kids !

Please dont vote on the School referendum. We need better schools so my kids get educated before I move out because of the High Taxes.

Seniors - Shut Up and Pay Your Taxes. You owe the next generation for all the senior discounts you get !
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh get off it!! There aren't going to be any empty buildings or housing. Fact is, there is no place most of us want to live that is any cheaper. You are going to pay taxes the rest of your life somewhere! What do you pay -$5,000?$6,000? More? The town spends over $7,000 a year just for one kid in the school system. If you have one or had one, you cost the town that times 13 years. If you have more, you are a big, big, expense to the town. Add to that your share of police, fire, parks, roads, etc. When do you get to the point where you have paid back as much as you have taken out of the community pot? Paying taxes is cheaper than going it on your own. You just don't like to pay taxes for anything you don't like or think you or the rest of us need. You also want to know where every dime is being spend. So quit your job and make it your life's work to audit the town finances and make sure everything is being done to your satisfaction. I choose to elect others to do that because I have a life! And if I don't think they are up to the job, I vote for someone else. The tax system is not an ala carte system and you are only one person with one set of priorities. And no, you don't necessarily speak for the masses. Also, please remember, there are no pockets in coffins because we won't need money wherever we end up! I'm fed up with many of your type.
Watch Dog

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Judged:

Satt Halligan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't s%$t where you eat?
Now that was not right! dogs don't talk? you thought I was a wise guy? didn't mean to hurt your feelings but we needed a laugh in Town with all this crap that is going on with our politicians? We need to get our Town to work in a more professionally manner? now that's a big word! can we do that? NO.
Leader ship

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have a clue what is going on in our Town do you? you are to busy try to make a living? and see that our Town is going down hill you say you voted did you vote on the ALDI deal a 7 year tax break? Who is paying now? also that was a done deal! did you vote? it is $12,000 per student do you know about the students that are bus into our Town and some of them had fights with knifes. do you know about that. of course not! check that out! you are fed up with people like me? trying to bringing the truth to our Town people. if the TC is a volunteer position why is Tens of thousands of dollars spent to get Elected? I serve our Country in the arm forces did you? I am not bragging but I did this and many others volunteer or were drafted to have freedom for all Americans and a right to vote for the things we want and not what our Town does with out referendums! you have better get the truth before you speak!
South Windsor First

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

Posted earlier today;
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
End of a Dictatorship or will it persist?

For those who are following the Palmer Ma. Town Manager saga, here is the latest news.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008
By LORI STABILE
lstabile@repub.com

PALMER - In a close vote, the Town Council Monday night picked Matthew S. Streeter as the next town manager, pending successful contract negotiations, but not before debating charter requirements for the position and the merits of each finalist.
Streeter, 39, of South Windsor, Conn., won out over Richard T. Kwiatkowski, Orange's town administrator, by a 5-4 vote.

The biggest questions is will this end the dictatorship style of government by South Windsors, republican party?

Is Deputy Mayor Prague up to the task of presiding over council meetings in an orderly and professional manner?

Will Prague grow the much needed spine to stand on this own or will he continue to be under the control of RTC Chairman Bazzano.

Even scarier is Councillor/RTC Chairman Bazzano will become Deputy Mayor as if his ego could grow any larger. This Clearly a conflict of interest in most people's minds and subject for a future post.

Bottom line is, will Mayor Prague be his own man and show he really will work in the best interest of all South Windsor residents or will he take the easy road and just work for the one's that follow along with the RTC play book?

If there was ever a time for residents to start attending council meetings it is now! If you want to see change in how our town Government moves forward people need to speak up now.

Speak Out and Be Heard!

SouthWindsorFirst

http://southwindsorfirst.blogspot.com
Bonnie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Leader ship wrote:
<quoted text>You do not have a clue what is going on in our Town do you? you are to busy try to make a living? and see that our Town is going down hill you say you voted did you vote on the ALDI deal a 7 year tax break? Who is paying now? also that was a done deal! did you vote? it is $12,000 per student do you know about the students that are bus into our Town and some of them had fights with knifes. do you know about that. of course not! check that out! you are fed up with people like me? trying to bringing the truth to our Town people. if the TC is a volunteer position why is Tens of thousands of dollars spent to get Elected? I serve our Country in the arm forces did you? I am not bragging but I did this and many others volunteer or were drafted to have freedom for all Americans and a right to vote for the things we want and not what our Town does with out referendums! you have better get the truth before you speak!
I don't trust the average person to get all the information necessary to make informed decisions on some of these issues. You may, I don't. I prefer to put my trust in someone who is elected to do the job. If they don't, then we unelect them. That is our system and in general, I think it works. Running the town by referendum is a dangerous deal. You are obviously running on inside information. If I was as closely connected, I would probably have an opinion too. But in the longrun, you cannot run a town by public opinion because it is not reliable and can be very dangerous. I am not asking you to agree with me but I am asking that you at least think through the consequences of the wrong 30% getting together and beginning to run the town by referendum. And let's face it, would anyone vote for higher taxes, even if the town were broken to the point of dirt roads - few people will ever vote for higher taxes - needed or not.
Pat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Leader ship wrote:
<quoted text>You do not have a clue what is going on in our Town do you? you are to busy try to make a living? and see that our Town is going down hill you say you voted did you vote on the ALDI deal a 7 year tax break? Who is paying now? also that was a done deal! did you vote? it is $12,000 per student do you know about the students that are bus into our Town and some of them had fights with knifes. do you know about that. of course not! check that out! you are fed up with people like me? trying to bringing the truth to our Town people. if the TC is a volunteer position why is Tens of thousands of dollars spent to get Elected? I serve our Country in the arm forces did you? I am not bragging but I did this and many others volunteer or were drafted to have freedom for all Americans and a right to vote for the things we want and not what our Town does with out referendums! you have better get the truth before you speak!
Whose truth? Yours?
Syd

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

Here here, Well said. The march forward to the New South Windsor wil not be hampered !

We have come too far in the past 3 years to look back. The center of our community is and always will be the Prominade at Evergreen Walk.

Watch for more Tax Partnerships comming in the future. As for the crybaby seniors, if you cant afford the taxes sell your house and move.

There will be no 3rd party as they are spineless jelly fish, not the piranna's they claim to be.

Syd News Network - Sid reports you decide
3d party wrote:
The ones who bash Streeter are absolutley tastless scumbags. You must have something to do other than bash people. What abot bashing Pelkey or Hale. Can't do it can you. spineless babies hiding under your self created shells. Other than Tom and a few others including myself you are all spineless. See, I even memntined myself. if Prague is mayor that's life folks. If Bazzano is Dm that's also life. Too bad you or your people didn't get that chance. Maybe next time but until then shut your traps!!!!
swr

Middlebury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

Matt Galligan is only in South Windsor for the money. He does not care about the town. He will go to the highest offer. If I had not worked in 3 years I would take a chance on a job that might not last more than a few months. Its better than nothing, and it is in Streeters field of study. It would be great experience for him. A lot of people take time off from work to go back to school. Pretty low of you to bring up a minor incident in a parking lot that you seem to know nothing about.... give me a break.
give me a break

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

Judged:

Problem is when you are a public servant...paid or volunteer - everything is up for grabs!!! Behavior in a tense situation - but wait...there is never that in politics. It's not low - it's fact...he was a grown adult - not a high school student. Funny I keep reading UConn but is it not Goodwin?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Orange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical High... Sun Karen 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug 16 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
Montachusett Public Health Network offers Narca... Aug 10 Jtn 2
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Kundrot dionkie 4,699
'Missing Persons' leader backs off Townsend case (Dec '09) Apr '14 Confused 61
Family of Warriors Apr '14 Jtn 6
Dead Beat Dad's Apr '14 Joe Stimpy 1

Search the Orange Forum:
•••

Orange News Video

•••
•••

Orange Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••