South Windsor Mayor Finalist To Manage Palmer, Mass.

Full story: Hartford Courant

Streeter, who completed course work at the University of Connecticut for a master's degree in public administration, expects to complete his thesis in December.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jim AOL

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

Good luck Matt, its Time to move on to big and better Things!
Tony

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

Do you really think Matt is going to leave this Gold Mine do you? what job or position have our TC set up for Him? They gave them selfs a $93 million dollar Budget! they had a $88 Million dollar Budget last year and they had millions of extra Dollars to waste on spending didn't they ? what a Circus this Town is turning out to be!
Gatt Malligan

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

Judged:

Don't let the door hit ya
Where the Good Lord spilt ya!
Angry Citizen

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

He knew about leaving this Town and stuck our Tax payers with a 5.9% tax increase?
What about all the new Tax revenue we are suppose to get?
What about the sewer system that was over loaded with all this expansion?
What about our roads that need repairing and more Traffic lights?
What about the lease on the Old Post office?
What about all the useless land brought for the fire house?
What about the land brought from the Foster farm for $2.5 million dollars?
What about the land at EverGreen Walk that our Town Manager said was not worth much but the lands brought for the fire house was $2.4 million dollars total and you can not build on (some is wrong with this picture )?
What about the Ethic committee who is checking them out?
What happen to checks and balances at our Government level?
Now Matt can walk away and look at all the mistakes that were made to benefit his careerer?
He was the Top vote getter this is very scary!
tom

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

Judged:

Hope they pick Bazzano over Prague for mayor. Bazzano is respected and a nice guy.
Don Cherry

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

tom wrote:
Hope they pick Bazzano over Prague for mayor. Bazzano is respected and a nice guy.
The fact is that the republicans on the TC have a too short bench after Streeter:

McCann - I am a hostage of the special interest, ANY special interest

Prague - MDC here SW comes... and don't forget he played the cancer card...

Bazzano - He thinks seniors should stay out of town...

Manneely - I am not a fan of No Child Left Behind, but the law was invented for sub standard teachers like her that apparently can't read...
Husky for life

Greenwich, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Good luck Mayor. I hope thinks work out for you. Congrats on your MPA!
Good Luck

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Boy, this is one of the very few times that I wish Streeter best wishes.

Talk about a breadth of fresh air..........a TC without Linc.....er..........I mean.......Matt.
tom dickneli

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

audrey? what r u smoking?
Syd

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Good Luck Matt. I hope the Palmer newspaper does not have a blog. And if they do, I hope they have a more civil group of citizens!
william

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Maureen wrote:
I wonder if the folks in Palmer, Mass have seen any of the videos of the Town Council meetings where Kathy Hale came to a meeting as a citizen prior to the election and she had to stop her speach to ask the Mayor if she could continue as he was having a side discussion. Also he was yelling out to her when she was leaving the council chambers about her attending the Strawberry Fest. How mature. I hope he loses his cool in Palmer if he gets the job.
"Maureen" doesn't know what (s)he's talking about, but hides behind an assumed name.

Best of luck to Matt, he's done more for the town than any of these bloggers combined times ten, and has had to put up with some idiots on his own side of the aisle (T.D.) to boot.

Audrey

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

william wrote:
<quoted text>
"Maureen" doesn't know what (s)he's talking about, but hides behind an assumed name.
Best of luck to Matt, he's done more for the town than any of these bloggers combined times ten, and has had to put up with some idiots on his own side of the aisle (T.D.) to boot.
- I don't know what I am talking about. Look at the videos from last year prior to the election and after. He is not a very friendly person. He is very POMPOUS. He has never been nice to Mr. Gonzalvez at all and he lets the Town Manager boss the council around. The Town Manager reports to the council not the other way around. The town manager has made this town look like a bunch of idiots. Pushing through the purchase of the land that had the "Sledge" ooops, I meant "Sedge". And now we will most likely be stuck with it unless another buyer will move the "Sedge". And for the sake of his family he needs to lose a few pounds as he is a health risk to any employer.
Syd

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Audrey wrote:
<quoted text> - I don't know what I am talking about. Look at the videos from last year prior to the election and after. He is not a very friendly person. He is very POMPOUS. He has never been nice to Mr. Gonzalvez at all and he lets the Town Manager boss the council around. The Town Manager reports to the council not the other way around. The town manager has made this town look like a bunch of idiots. Pushing through the purchase of the land that had the "Sledge" ooops, I meant "Sedge". And now we will most likely be stuck with it unless another buyer will move the "Sedge". And for the sake of his family he needs to lose a few pounds as he is a health risk to any employer.
That last sentence is absolutely over the top! We don't know who you are Audrey but you have certainly told us what you are. You should be ashamed that you don't know any better than to write something like that. Didn't anyone in your life ever teach you even the most rudimentary rules of acceptable behavior? Sadly, you probably have no idea how really bad that was.
Phony Syd

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Syd wrote:
<quoted text>
That last sentence is absolutely over the top! We don't know who you are Audrey but you have certainly told us what you are. You should be ashamed that you don't know any better than to write something like that. Didn't anyone in your life ever teach you even the most rudimentary rules of acceptable behavior? Sadly, you probably have no idea how really bad that was.
What about MR Gonzalev Matt was not very nice to him but in your world that is ok ?MR Syd
Syd

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Phony Syd wrote:
<quoted text>What about MR Gonzalev Matt was not very nice to him but in your world that is ok ?MR Syd
There is no excuse for this. None.
Phony Syd

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Syd wrote:
Good Luck Matt. I hope the Palmer newspaper does not have a blog. And if they do, I hope they have a more civil group of citizens!
I hope you go with him that way you will not be stuck with no friends and high property taxes!
Confuse Syd

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Syd wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no excuse for this. None.
'Syd" things have change in Town. people are fed up and angry with our Town Government! But still you hang on to something that is not there! I kind of feel sorry for you on this. you believe in them but there is many other things going on that no one person can talk about for now! But you can rest assure that justice will prevail!
Confuse Syd

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Oh "Syd Matt will not be hire for that position! this is not a rummer,but the truth the Town will not hire him.
Syd

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Truth be Known Matt has been running South Windsor for the past 3 years. He did have trouble with a couple of Obstructionists the first 2 years.

Thank goodness those 2 are gone !

Things are moving right along, progress has to be made to keep the town moving forward. All the councillors are moving in lock step and we will soon be placing the safety of the children first and making the town the upscale community we all want.

In short Matt would make a wonderful Town Manager once Mr Galligan is ushered out.
amy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Syd wrote:
Truth be Known Matt has been running South Windsor for the past 3 years. He did have trouble with a couple of Obstructionists the first 2 years.
Thank goodness those 2 are gone !
Things are moving right along, progress has to be made to keep the town moving forward. All the councillors are moving in lock step and we will soon be placing the safety of the children first and making the town the upscale community we all want.
In short Matt would make a wonderful Town Manager once Mr Galligan is ushered out.
I agree with you 100% Well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Orange Discussions

Search the Orange Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 7 hr Kundrot dionkie 1,145
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue Kundrot dionkie 4,690
'Missing Persons' leader backs off Townsend case (Dec '09) Apr '14 Confused 61
Family of Warriors Apr '14 Jtn 6
Dead Beat Dad's Apr '14 Joe Stimpy 1
Program allows students to see college as a pos... Mar '14 Lynch 1
Emily Messer Mar '14 Concerned Friend 1
•••
•••

Orange News Video

•••
•••

Orange Jobs

•••