Arrested while driving son to school ...

Arrested while driving son to school - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 32 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Oct 7, 2008, titled Arrested while driving son to school - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

State Police charged a woman with drunken driving and assaulting a police officer after they stopped her for allegedly driving erratically while taking her 8-year-old son to school in Gardner, according to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gringo

Fitchburg, MA

#22 Oct 7, 2008
did everyone notice shes white,just playing everybodies cards
gringo

Fitchburg, MA

#23 Oct 7, 2008
Mom 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt it would be the first time the kid saw his mother this way. If she is drunk at this hour of the morning, she is probably drunk most of the time.
doesnt matter how many times its just flat out wrong,and the state should take her kid away
Reggie

Danbury, CT

#24 Oct 7, 2008
gringo wrote:
did everyone notice shes white,just playing everybodies cards
It didnt stop people from writing negative things about the situation, now did it, little gringo.Blows your racist theories right out of the water.Go play somewhere else.Your probation officer is looking for you
The REAL Boulder City

Belfast, ME

#25 Oct 7, 2008
While she is presumed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law, she is afforded that right.

Also, this paper has an abysmal record of reporting things correctly, and one with half-a-brain would have to take anything said with dose of salt.

On the otherhand, IF we give the S&E reporter a reasonable doubt, and is correct, it would seem that this woman was not in control, nor was the woman in ANY condition to drive an automobile, and be driving her kid to School in an obviously impaired state. Also, not to mention the reports of Assault and battery on a cop (2 counts..), with one of which trying to take her medications, in an altered state.

However the lack of DSS intervention is inexcusable UNDER ANY circumstances in this case.

While the scales of justice are tipping towards the law, she still has her right to fair trial.

Although one question remains...is that she lives in Orange, but took her kid to school heading towards Gardner doesn't quite add up, and shows that the woman was out of control...
Reggie

Danbury, CT

#26 Oct 8, 2008
Although one question remains...is that she lives in Orange, but took her kid to school heading towards Gardner doesn't quite add up, and shows that the woman was out of control...

To Boulder City:That question is easy-school choice,she was partying in Orange but lives in Gardner,she has a paper address in Gardner for legal purposes.Lots of reasons.
Eric D Actor

Madison, CT

#27 Oct 8, 2008
Reggie wrote:
To Boulder City:That question is easy-school choice,she was partying in Orange but lives in Gardner,she has a paper address in Gardner for legal purposes.Lots of reasons.
who can resist the bustling nightlife in orange? that flashing yellow light downtown, farmers revving their tractors at all hours, and cows just *asking* to be tipped over. it's madness i tell you!!
The truth

Townsend, MA

#28 Oct 8, 2008
The REAL Boulder City wrote:
While she is presumed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law, she is afforded that right.
Also, this paper has an abysmal record of reporting things correctly, and one with half-a-brain would have to take anything said with dose of salt.
On the otherhand, IF we give the S&E reporter a reasonable doubt, and is correct, it would seem that this woman was not in control, nor was the woman in ANY condition to drive an automobile, and be driving her kid to School in an obviously impaired state. Also, not to mention the reports of Assault and battery on a cop (2 counts..), with one of which trying to take her medications, in an altered state.
However the lack of DSS intervention is inexcusable UNDER ANY circumstances in this case.
While the scales of justice are tipping towards the law, she still has her right to fair trial.
Boulder, are you forgetting what newspaper you are reading?? Just because the dips at the S&E didn't report it, the cops are MANDATED to call DSS, now known as DCF.
Hmmmmm

Leominster, MA

#29 Oct 8, 2008
wow..... poor motherly decisions on her part...... but, I wonder why she was primarily charged with assaulting an officer? "She grabbed my right bicep and squeezed hard......" SISSY. What about the bruises she no-doubt received from the officer? Can she have him charged with assault and excessive force? Tell ya what, these police officers are getting pretty pathetic. They endanger civilians with their actions on a daily basis. And the proof of that is yesterday they protested a civilian run roadside job that used flagpeople instead of a lazy-a*@ cop to do the road detail and during the protest, MOST of them not only broke the law they're supposed to uphold, they DIRECTLY endangered the driving public. Now, I thought someone became an officer because they CARED about the public's SAFETY even above their own......... Didn't really show too well yesterday Huh? I didn't think it was about the money..... but then again, I was raised to believe that officers were honorable men and women and, well, the proof is in their actions..... thin blue line my left testicle.....
cathy

Fitchburg, MA

#30 Oct 8, 2008
hi mommy
Flatlander

New London, NH

#31 Oct 8, 2008
Wow, I just can't believe how the media thinks that it's okay to reek havoc in a person's life. Did the general public really need to know all the specifics in this case? I mean, how many OUI arrests are made in the area everyday, which aren't reported on in this manner? Wouldn't it have been sufficient to just report the icident in the Court Logs along with all the other offenders? Doesn't this woman have enough problems in her life without the Sentinel adding to her misery? Believe me, I do not condone Castonguay's behavior or drinking and driving, however, how many people can say they've never acted foolish under the influence of drugs or alcohol? It's the nature of the drug; to impair judgement. If it's true that this is her second offense, apparently she is sick. the disease is called alcoholism. Shame and ridicule should not be part of the treatment; not by the media, anyway. I agree she should be held responsible for her actions (and when she gets sober, she'll probably agree, too), but right now she needs just a little compassion and a little respect.
Leominster Parent

Clinton, MA

#32 Oct 8, 2008
Flatlander wrote:
Wow, I just can't believe how the media thinks that it's okay to reek havoc in a person's life. Did the general public really need to know all the specifics in this case? I mean, how many OUI arrests are made in the area everyday, which aren't reported on in this manner? Wouldn't it have been sufficient to just report the icident in the Court Logs along with all the other offenders? Doesn't this woman have enough problems in her life without the Sentinel adding to her misery? Believe me, I do not condone Castonguay's behavior or drinking and driving, however, how many people can say they've never acted foolish under the influence of drugs or alcohol? It's the nature of the drug; to impair judgement. If it's true that this is her second offense, apparently she is sick. the disease is called alcoholism. Shame and ridicule should not be part of the treatment; not by the media, anyway. I agree she should be held responsible for her actions (and when she gets sober, she'll probably agree, too), but right now she needs just a little compassion and a little respect.
I think you are preaching to the wrong people when there is an innocent child involved who can't car for themselves. I doubt you will see much compassion on here. If you want to hurt yourself by "acting foolishly" under the influence of drugs and alcohol that's fine. But it is a different ballgame when you bring a child or any other person for that matter into the mix.
Flatlander

New London, NH

#33 Oct 8, 2008
Leominster Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are preaching to the wrong people when there is an innocent child involved who can't car for themselves. I doubt you will see much compassion on here. If you want to hurt yourself by "acting foolishly" under the influence of drugs and alcohol that's fine. But it is a different ballgame when you bring a child or any other person for that matter into the mix.
Did you read my comment? The child's welfare was not the point. As I mentioned, she should be held responsible for her behavior; she really screwed up. My opinion is noone needed to know the details. i just don't see how this "news" could benefit the general public. Now, if everything that was reported is true and accurate, and she happens to be found not guilty, then perhaps that is something the public should be made aware of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fitchburg police: Gang member shot at man who d... (Jul '08) Feb '17 DrMavr A 104
Athol should fold. (Dec '16) Dec '16 Anonymous 1
News Mountain lion in Petersham? Owner of injured ho... (Nov '16) Nov '16 big Cats where it... 1
News Beals reverses decision to sell property to sta... (Jun '10) Oct '16 Local 10
Beatles tribute show comes to Erving! (Oct '16) Oct '16 Beatleman 1
Pics of ex (Jul '16) Jul '16 MattT 1
News Designated smoking areas seems to work, but is ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 EARLY GRAVE 2

Orange Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orange Mortgages